Judging Others

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
David Quinn

Re: Judging Others

Post by David Quinn »

Alex Jacob wrote:Then the analogy is a deceiving analogy, a trick of the mind. If there is 'enlightenment' (whatever is meant by this weird word) it HAS to be about enlightened life on the Earth itself. It starts with the core, the rocks, and then the soil, and the vegetation, the rivers, the animals, us and our life here. It goes upward from those things, but can never, ever leave those things. Any mythology, any story, any mental trip that asserts that as true, is selling snake oil, and false Texas Medicines and deadly Railroad Gins that 'strangle up your mind'.
You're stretching my analogy too far in your attempt to score points.

The space analogy was designed to illustrate that the spiritual man soars so far beyond the soaring artists (e.g. poets) that he becomes invisible to the average person. The soaring artists are visible and acclaimed because their soarings (their flights into higher forms of consciousness) are feeble and always remain very close to the mentality of the average person.

That is all my analogy was meant to illustrate. Your subsequent attempt to draw conclusions about my understanding of enlightenment from it are misguided.

Enlightenment is indeed about this earth, as it is about outer space and every other part of the Universe. It is about opening one's eyes and seeing what is truly there, no matter where one looks - whether it be at the rocks, animals, vegetation, people, outer space, thoughts, wherever.

The enlightened man is both infinitely removed from all things and infinitely in tune with them. This removing from and tuning into are really one movement. There can't be one without the other.

-
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

But Alex, weird computers are cool. And, and you in all your jewery can be IT. And, and I'm a kid at heart.

(and a wizard like bert (brother from another mother) and Dali - with Id components! today on the tube, some one from my yellow submarine called me an "open_source." Linux! Huzheng! ;-)
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Alex,
(A wee bit of grandstanding, but that is how I would answer your question: Yes we can make assessments about people here, up to a certain point).
What I was trying to ask is, can our assessments be objective? We are all highly emotional beings, and we make judgments based on these emotions. For example, Mikiel's assessment of Dan is based on his interactions with Dan, very colored by the emotions the latter produce in him. The same can be said about my assessment of Dan, with the difference that I have known him a lot longer. Those two assessments are very different. For either of us to come up with an objective assessment, we'd have to let go of all emotion. If we're not willing (or able) to do that, all we have is a subjective assessment.

Do you assess people objectively? If you're up to it, give me one of anybody in this forum.

-
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

There's no such thing as objective assessment. There is just criteria. The issue is how conscious, sane and solid they are.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Alex Jacob wrote: And if the Earth---your platform---is really in your eyes a place of 'ghostly gravediggers', you are perhaps more invested in a false Christian conception than you let on.
So dismissive of the grave. Haven't you met the late Freud at all?
Oh yes, most certainly, all the cherished literature and art, where the best of the best of what it can ever mean to be human, is most certainly just a dull funeral march...for those trudging off to other horizons.
Well, I did call some of your stuff dull, not all the funeral hymns. Or are you implying that you represent all the cherished literature and art here?

To understand my play you'll perhaps have give some attention to ancient Egypt, full of interesting horizon.
you have exactly specified why I will not ever be able to take up your doctrines, and why it is IN FACT I feel I represent a spirituality far higher than yours.
Fly high fall far.
Yes, from your perspective(s) all that I say in this regard must be deathly boring, routine, vapid. I guess when one finally discovers what is REAL and VALUABLE, there is not other alternative.
I'd call much of it all too familiar. One could feel like a cube seeing a square spinning around. No matter the beautiful drawings appearing, to the cube - a deep awareness, it's only honest to describe it as flat and repetitive. While it might be interpreted as denigrating judgments, appeals to invisible authority, being 'out there', one should retain a healthy doubt because a dimension might be missed, after all.

Now am I describing you or me?
Tomas

Judging Nobody...

Post by Tomas »

-Shahrazad writes-
Tomas, how come you're not in the list of enlightened wannabes?

-tomas-
I'll get around to that in a bit...

A lot of names and enlightenment tiers was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else :-)

Also, I had edited once (now thrice) after Diebert had answered Alex, and then, secondly noticed, he had placed my name in his response.

First of all, I'd place Kevin Solway in a league of his own.

Next, (in no particular order) it-be the likes of Diebert, Dave Hodges, Elizabeth, David Quinn, Daybrown, Victor, Unidian, and Dan. A couple-few others but their names slipped my memory.

Spoofously added the names of snow bunny, Monster Cock...

For what it is worth, Ryan, would be below the women on the totem pole of intellectual (much less enlightenment) capacity. The final nail in his coffin would be his kicking of Samadhi even after his being banned. Carl took due note of this egregious infraction. He comes across as a Junior Hitler Brownshirt the way he describes women in general. (see gold & vagrant threads for self-dishonesty)

Samadhi ate him up in a couple other threads.

But, this is David Quinn's baby (website)...

So, why not me? - Read between the lines...

Tomas
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

VietNam veteran - 1971

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-Tomas squawks-

Furthermore:

Quinn-tuplets have now expanded to include the likes of

David

Kevin

Dan

Diebert

Ryan

Carl (sorry Carl, but you called Ryan a "bro'", thus he is higher on the pecking order)

----

Second tier enlightenment level:

David Hodges

Mikiel

Cory

snow bunny

Dave Toast

----

Third tier enlightenment level:

Tek0

Philosophaster (provided not a woman)

Samadhi

---

Fourth tier (sucking hind tit) enlightenment level:

Trevor

maestro

Faust

brokenhead

Nick

Monster Cock

Victor

Unidian

daybrown

hsandman

Alex

---

Honorable mention enlightenment level:

Sue

Elizabeth

Leyla

Shahrazad

Iolaus

Trixie (Amanda elderwoodxxx)

Marsha Faizi

(and all other women that Ryan disdains)

Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Hi Shahrazad,

I would of course decline from offering assessments like that. But, if I am responding to someone, you can be assured that the response contains the assessment. You have likely heard of Samuel Beckett? He wrote a story, a very strange story (The Lost Ones), that takes place in an enclosure of heat and proximity and blindness. I always think of that atmosphere when I think of these forum environments, which is surely a new vista in human communication, a new event for modern man. It is really fun to rail against the invisible enemies one encounters in spaces like these...or to rally with one's accomplices and allies.
Ni ange, ni bête
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Tomas,
For what it is worth, Ryan, would be below the women on the totem pole of intellectual (much less enlightenment) capacity. The final nail in his coffin would be his kicking of Samadhi even after his being banned. Carl took due note of this egregious infraction. He comes across as a Junior Hitler Brownshirt the way he describes women in general. (see gold & vagrant threads for self-dishonesty).
If you haven’t noticed, this entire forum is based on confrontation, criticism and attack. It is the nature of GF, so why do you pretend it is otherwise? We are attacking the content of each other’s minds. That is the entire purpose of GF, and there are no rules as to when we should stop attacking someone’s ego. The ego is an evil structure, so why am I wrong in a thorough attack to it? Sam is an ignorant ego, plain and simple. He is an enemy of truth, and an enemy should be thoroughly criticized. Compassion for the ego is dishonest.

Sympathy is always for the devil. It is always the devil within that shows sympathy for another devil within. Sympathy always aims to prevent psychological suffering to the ego, but if the ego is transcended, then the person can no longer feel psychological hurt caused by the remarks of another.

And Kevin has made similar observations in poison for the heart about the nature of women, only he maybe a little more polite and gentle in his approach.

Actually, if I had to defend some of the women intellectuals on GF, I’d say that I find many of their posts much more readable than the comic antics that you and others often resort to. Rather than a reasonable thought-out counter-argument, you and others often resort to mockery, and jokey gags that run through an entire post, and it makes for an awfully tedious read. At least, Some of the intellectual female posters on here have a natural seriousness that I respect. They haven’t totally given up on some of the ideals of reason in favor of a more clown-like existence.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

The ego is an aspect of the "I" structure - complex sympathy is benevolent manipulative.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

That was a weird-ass post, Ryan. Your superiors, your mentors, are obviously in a bind when it comes to you. [Grand Inquisitor].
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ni ange, ni bête
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

What bind would that be? I agree with what he said, by and large, even if I'd likely use different language to say it.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Why does that not surprise me?
Ni ange, ni bête
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

It does surprise me, Alex. How anybody with half a brain can agree with Ryan will forever remain a mystery to me.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:Tomas,
For what it is worth, Ryan, would be below the women on the totem pole of intellectual (much less enlightenment) capacity. The final nail in his coffin would be his kicking of Samadhi even after his being banned. Carl took due note of this egregious infraction. He comes across as a Junior Hitler Brownshirt the way he describes women in general. (see gold & vagrant threads for self-dishonesty).
If you haven’t noticed, this entire forum is based on confrontation, criticism and attack.
This is how you see it, because you are a Junior Hitler Brownshirt.
It is the nature of GF, so why do you pretend it is otherwise? We are attacking the content of each other’s minds.
It is the nature of the Aryan Nation so why do you pretend otherwise? We are attacking the undesirables of each other's neighborhoods.
That is the entire purpose of GF, and there are no rules as to when we should stop attacking someone’s ego. The ego is an evil structure, so why am I wrong in a thorough attack to it?
That is the entire purpose of the thousand year Reich, and there are no rules as to when we should stop attacking the undesirables. The undesirables are evil mensch, so why am I wrong in a thorough attack to it?
Sam is an ignorant ego, plain and simple. He is an enemy of truth, and an enemy should be thoroughly criticized. Compassion for the ego is dishonest.
Sam is an dirty undesirable, plain and simple. He is an enemy of the State, and an enemy should be throughly ostracized. Compassion for the undesirable is dishonest.
Sympathy is always for the devil. It is always the devil within that shows sympathy for another devil within. Sympathy always aims to prevent psychological suffering to the ego, but if the ego is transcended, then the person can no longer feel psychological hurt caused by the remarks of another.
You say I am hardhearted. Well, maybe I am. Compassion is weakness, it let's the door open to defeat. I will not listen to criticism of my actions, and future generations will thank me for my sacrifice to rid the world of such a scourge.
And Kevin has made similar observations in poison for the heart about the nature of women, only he maybe a little more polite and gentle in his approach.
Kevin is my ally in this, though he may be a little too Italian for my taste, a bit too romantic and soft.
Actually, if I had to defend some of the women intellectuals on GF, I’d say that I find many of their posts much more readable than the comic antics that you and others often resort to.
There are, in fact, some girlie-men within the borders of the Reich, here. Some of our womenfolk are more upstanding than these lily-liver males!
Rather than a reasonable thought-out counter-argument, you and others often resort to mockery, and jokey gags that run through an entire post, and it makes for an awfully tedious read.
A good laugh now and then is approved of, in the Reich, but not regarding serious matters like the struggle to uproot the disease of Bolshevism.
At least, Some of the intellectual female posters on here have a natural seriousness that I respect. They haven’t totally given up on some of the ideals of reason in favor of a more clown-like existence.
There is certainly nothing funny about the deeper truths for which we fight. Some of our womenfolk, who toil shoulder to shoulder with us on the road to victory know this better than many of the comedians who slink about our homefront, reaping the benefits of our great crusade while they cowardly stay out of harm's way. I have no respect for these snakes and think they should be put away.
Last edited by Carl G on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good Citizen Carl
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Alex Jacob wrote:Why does that not surprise me?
Because you're a tool? I dunno, just tossing possibilities out there :)
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Shahrazad wrote:It does surprise me, Alex. How anybody with half a brain can agree with Ryan will forever remain a mystery to me.
One need not agree with a person generally to agree with them periodically or partially.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Did I miss something? I feel like there is a piece they didn't explain to me...
Ni ange, ni bête
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

The fact that you're dirt to Ryan?
Good Citizen Carl
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Dan, so you agree that the purpose of GF is to attack people?
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I haven't read anything by Ryan that indicated anything that would warrant the associations in your post, Carl. A religious inquisitor with a bad case of hubris, maybe...

But, Ryan does give voice to a sort of distortion that seems part-and-parcel of the understructure of this idea of 'enlightenment' and other sort of 'spiritual' deformations in which others here participate: the all-out battle against 'the ego', that is to say a part of yourself, and a part that you identify in others. It can get way out of whack pretty quickly.

Clearly, though, some days back, Ryan leveled his guns against Samhadi and his threats came to fruition. He's just some dude living in his parent's basement, and he has this kind of power? All of the Quintuplets rallied, but there has been a defection! Carl! Carl has broken ranks with the Quintuplets!

Get him a beer and a girl! Welcome back to Maya, Carl! The Mistress of Shadows will reward you for your loyalty!

;-)

I think it is better to keep the people we don't like around, because it is that contrast that makes a more interesting arena for the exchange of ideas.

I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger...
Ni ange, ni bête
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Alex Jacob wrote:I haven't read anything by Ryan that indicated anything that would warrant the associations in your post, Carl. A religious inquisitor with a bad case of hubris, maybe...
I simply paraphrased what young Ryan wrote, dude.
But, Ryan does give voice to a sort of distortion that seems part-and-parcel of the understructure of this idea of 'enlightenment' and other sort of 'spiritual' deformations in which others here participate: the all-out battle against 'the ego', that is to say a part of yourself, and a part that you identify in others. It can get way out of whack pretty quickly.
You're sounding like one of the quints tonight!
Clearly, though, some days back, Ryan leveled his guns against Samhadi and his threats came to fruition.
This doesn't quite make sense. Since Ryan has no admin powers, no threats of his could fruit. Doesn't mean he wasn't prescient. Psychic, even.
He's just some (young) dude living in his parent basement, and he has this kind of power?
Nice try, Mr Fantasy.
All of the Quintuplets rallied, but there has been a defection! Carl! Carl has broken ranks with the Quintuplets!
Nice try again at the tabloid headline. You really see me as a Quinn-tuplet?
Get him a beer and a girl! Welcome back to Maya, Carl! The Mistress of Shadows will reward you for your loyalty!
You love to parade that vivid imagination.
I think it is better to keep the people we don't like around, because it is that contrast that makes a more interesting arena for the exchange of ideas.
Then, I hope Amy Winehouse shows up.
Good Citizen Carl
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

But it wasn't a paraphrase, all sorts of strange things were implied. The post was weirdly slanderous. It goes over the top and far beyond what is necessary (if you ask me).

Ryan made threats, or seemed to present a consequence to Samadhi, those who agreed with him rallied with him, and an administrator among them banned him. It wasn't prescience, it was cooperation. That was what I was referring to.
Ni ange, ni bête
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Alex Jacob wrote:But it wasn't a paraphrase, all sorts of strange things were implied. The post was weirdly slanderous. It goes over the top and far beyond what is necessary (if you ask me).

Ryan made threats, or seemed to present a consequence to Samadhi, those who agreed with him rallied with him, and an administrator among them banned him. It wasn't prescience, it was cooperation. That was what I was referring to.
I don't often read Ryan's posts and wasn't aware of what he wrote when I banned Sam.

-
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Here's a copy of the post where David announces he bans Sam. He was replying to Diebert's call for a banning, not Ryan's.
David Quinn wrote:
Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
samadhi wrote: It seems to be the consensus here that judging others is a good thing to do. When I talk about judging others, it is in a moral sense, condemning them for actions such as sexuality (BMcGilly07), talking about their past (Diebert), making a living by working (Rybaby), and even cell phone chatting (Dan).
Sam, you keep on demonstrating some serious impairment in making judgments, even in judging, discerning what actually has been said in mentioned discussions.

To me you are a unconscious liar, twisting every idea, every statement to mean what you need it to say. It's getting tiring and I wish someone would make an end to your suffering and ban you for a while. Your philosophy has nothing in common with the goals of the board and a prolonged stay with endless repetition of arguments over the months will not get anyone anywhere. It only spams the board right now.
I pretty much agree with this.

In my eyes, Sam no longer contributes anything of value to this board and is essentially spamming the place with vacuous posts. He has repeatedly shown that he is incapable of listening to anything which is said to him; that he has no empathy for the values and thinking of this forum; that he has no connection, conscious or otherwise, with the ideal of enlightenment; and that he constantly rubbishes any action or idea motivated by such a connection in the most unintelligent manner possible.

This normally wouldn't be a problem (after all, 99% of the human race is just like this), but because he posts so much nowadays he is effectively ruining every thread that he goes on. Attention is constantly being diverted into his superficial game-playing, to the detriment of the quality of the discussions. And what's worse, its the same games over and over again, with nothing ever being achieved. This is no longer acceptable to me.

He's never going to change, so it's time to put the foot down. For the sake of the forum, Sam is now banned on the grounds of energetic incompetency.

-
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Shahrazad wrote:Dan, so you agree that the purpose of GF is to attack people?
Is that what Ryan said? Show me.