Cellphone Epidemic

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Dan Rowden

Re: Cellphone Epidemic

Post by Dan Rowden »

Sam needs to walk up to Adya and say: "People like to be deluded and suffer - get over it."
samadhi

Post by samadhi »

sam: All you want to do is judge others and parade around about how "wise" you are when you do that. It's disgusting. Some needs to call you on it and I am doing that. Sorry if it upsets you but confrontation is your thing, isn't it? Don't like you toes getting stepped on? Poor baby, run to Dan and maybe he'll kiss it and make it better. What a f***ing loser you are.

Rybaby: No, the truth is that you believe any sort of conscious judgment is disgusting, and it is reflected how you continuously attack anyone who criticizes behavior.
You have never understood the difference between utilitarian and moral judgment and you want to make that my problem. It isn't. Until you actually understand what it is I am talking about, all your words about it completely miss the point.
Any time anyone on GF criticizes human behavior in a way that hits too close to home, you come in with your smug dismissive comments. You mistake my universal criticisms of human behavior as arrogance, but its not. It just shows that you lack masculinity in your character.
Do you know what arrogance means Rybaby? Can anyone read this quote of yours and miss the arrogance in it?
Rybaby wrote:Moreover, from previous discussions, I have observed that Diebert, Cory, Kevin, David, and myself all fundamentally disagree with Sam's present philosophical outlook, and I would say that the five of us probably represent the highest quality thoughts on the forum, so Sam must either admit the generality of the criticism across the board, and begin reflecting on the quality of his own thoughts, or move on.
Makes me want to puke.
And I’m not upset, I don’t get upset, I'm beyond that, that is part of enlightenment - transcending being upset.
Lol. Then why jump into this conversation only to say I should be banned? Why not just transcend and float on out of here.
I was only pointing out that this forum is not the place for you, as it is clear that you are not interested in any of the values here, you protest whenever anyone speaks a bit of truth, and your posts only distract some of the more regular posters.
Let me be the judge of what values I am interested in, you arrogant bastard. And you are the one suggesting banishing me for not agreeing with you. How's that for protest? And no one is requiring you to read my posts. Put me on ignore if you don't want to talk to me. But I don't give a rat's ass if you're distracted or not. You claim to be enlightened, why don't you just transcend it like you do with everything else?
I think you are wasting your time. I'm only suggesting that you move on because I'm unable to see how you can really benefit from this place.
Let me be the judge of my own best interests, okay? You claim I don't upset you so why do you care what I am posting? Don't it read it if you don't like it! But I have as much right to be here as you do. What do you know of my interest in enlightenment? Your interest appears to be in claiming how wonderful you are. Fine. Stay away from me and you won't have a problem. If others want to kiss your ass, they are welcome to do so but every time you want to wave it in my direction, it's going to be kicked like hell. Get used to it.
Its not a personal grudge I have with you or anything. I just don't believe you can benefit from the wisdom of GF, as you protest to anything that the advanced thinkers deem as rationality.
You are an arrogant and slimey SOB. I confront you on it and you scream to Dan to ban me. That makes you a coward too. Go run behind Dan's skirts before I kick your arrogant ass some more.
You post for your own amusement rather than the cause of profound seriousness.
You are a joke and you're getting what you deserve.
What more can you achieve here besides being an annoyance to some of the enlightened regulars who regret posting to you because we know that you do not share the values here, and you never will.
No, I don't share your ass-kissing values, sorry. But Carl was right, sometimes ass-kicking is what is needed and in your case, I am happy to do it.
samadhi

Post by samadhi »

Dan,
Sam needs to walk up to Adya and say: "People like to be deluded and suffer - get over it."
Hmm, seems you're not very familiar with Adya. He has no problem with those who have no interest in enlightenment. You do.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

If he doesn't he has a somewhat unusual sense of purpose. I can't really think of a mode of existence (teleologically speaking) that is satisfied with an insane world. Are you saying that if a nutjob with an AK47 gunned down the members of his Sangha, that he's simply not give a damn? i.e. that he'd prefer that the world were saner and less violent (at least in utilitarian terms)?