3D image

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
BGen

3D image

Post by BGen »

I want to share with you this interesting video:
http://www.kabbalah.info/engkab/kabbala ... ciousness1
What do you think about this?
brokenhead

Re: 3D image

Post by brokenhead »

I think that was pretty neat, BGen.
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

First, I wasn't able to see any picture, though I followed the instructions. Secondly, to be honest, I think the guy was speaking in non-sensicals. Flashy language that doesn't refer to anything really substantial.

Kabbalah has many interesting and thought provoking features (I have read a bit), and yet it has never been a wholesome influence in the world of ideas (in Middle Age Europe), and much less so in Jewish culture. It has more often than not functioned as an obsessive 'ponzi scheme of the mind', leading into all sorts of wacky speculations, wild hopes, projections and dead-end alleys. At certain times in European Jewish history it turned into a sort of social disease and led to all sorts of excesses. Kabbalah has always had a shady place within Jewish thought and is regarded with a certain (perhaps just) suspicion, but there is no place for mysticism within Jewish theology just because of its basic focus.

In the video the charming and clever MC asks questions and proposes that great thinkers of Kabbalah have answered them, but then nothing is offered except an innuendo, an allegory.

It seems to me that, like alchemy, the treasure to be discovered in these kinds of 'projections' of inner content is likely psychological. (Like CG Jung's deep readings of alchemical texts).
Ni ange, ni bête
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Try it again, Alex! You might have to get closer to your monitor screen. Stereograms are so cool. Your eyes suddenly "see" instead of a nonsensical repeating patten in two dimensions, an "object" in three dimensions. Have you never seen these before? They were all the rage in the 90's for a while.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Once you see one of them, it's easier to see all of them. Here's a training one. Also, here's an easy one. Just look at the blue butterflies, and let your eyes go out of focus until the 2 blue butterflies in the middle merge together.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Once you see one of them, it's easier to see all of them. Here's a training one. Also, here's an easy one. Just look at the blue butterflies, and let your eyes go out of focus until the 2 blue butterflies in the middle merge together.
My favorite one of all time was a large poster with a pretty, dark pattern on it. When you finally got the image, it was of a Romulan War Bird spacecraft from Star Trek. The Romulans were well known for their "cloaking device," and on the series you would often see a War Bird appear out of nowhere, the same way these 3D stereograms suddenly seem to "materialize" along with the added dimension.