"Rude-boy sage" retiring the persona

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
mikiel

"Rude-boy sage" retiring the persona

Post by mikiel »

Here is a case of perfect synchronicity. Spent all Monday night on a shamanic journey in which I was given clear guidance to give up the "rude -boy" internet persona. I never use use it in real life. Don't need it in the atomsphere of mutual respect which prevails in my life in "meatspace."
So I got a review of all my nasty interactions on this forum and others over the years... with a clear outcome... "give it up" (not the net but the nasty arrogant persona.)

I came back prepared to make this announcement, and, whaddaya know, Dave Toast had taken me to the cleaners on the present state of quantum physics. (My studies under Amit Goswami were several years ago, and I have not kept up on the latest developments.) So I do concede the argument to Dave.

I'll be taking at least a leave of absence here. Maybe I'll return at some point. Maybe not. If so, I'll be discussing cosmology in my thread on that in a respectful manner. I really have "seen" cosmos expanding and contracting my whole life as a mystic and have studied other models of cosmology extensively, including "string/M-theory." Yet, I'm not sure a science thread is appropriate in this forum. Comments by admin on this would be welcome in this regard.

My sincere apologies to everyone I have offended (here and elswhere.)
mikiel
samadhi

Re: "Rude-boy sage" retiring the persona

Post by samadhi »

mikiel,

I for one have taken an interest in your interactions with some posters here. Does someone who has had an awakening get down and dirty with the unwashed crowd? Apparently so, which seemed a bit strange to me. Not that I didn't "get" your persona. How does one deal with rank egotism from the enlightened perspective after all? I don't really see the point of contending with it. It's a tar baby that has no up side. But does one simply become their doormat, so to speak? Doesn't seem to be a single answer to it. I certainly would see the humor in it though, as egotism on the level exhibited here can be pretty outrageous.

Adya has said that no one needs to hear what he has to say nor is there any need to convince anyone of anything. People do get to believe what they want and will do so regardless of whatever source is offering information. So defending ideas on a personal level can't really be what enlightenment is about. What is it like for you to be baited by egotists? You have responded so there must be something in it that still catches you.

In any event, it seems you will be taking a different tact in the future. People will probably still try to bait you. I look forward to seeing how it goes.
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

Good man.

It is entirely the rudeboy persona, and the multi-facetted juggling act that is the maintenance of it, that intereferes with your substance.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

It's now up to Alex Jacob to carry the "rudeboy sage" torch forward.

Wait, in his case it's the "bozo the clown sage" torch. Not the same. Forget I mentioned.
Good Citizen Carl
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Dave Toast wrote:Good man.

It is entirely the rudeboy persona, and the multi-facetted juggling act that is the maintenance of it, that intereferes with your substance.
My guidance was to dump the "rude boy." I have. The multi-faceted life I have shared here is all true.
mikiel
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Hi Samadhi,
Before I take a break, I'll respond briefly to your reply. (I already composed a long one and it went away in the process of posting.)
samadhi wrote:mikiel,

I for one have taken an interest in your interactions with some posters here. Does someone who has had an awakening get down and dirty with the unwashed crowd? Apparently so, which seemed a bit strange to me. Not that I didn't "get" your persona. How does one deal with rank egotism from the enlightened perspective after all? I don't really see the point of contending with it. It's a tar baby that has no up side. But does one simply become their doormat, so to speak? Doesn't seem to be a single answer to it. I certainly would see the humor in it though, as egotism on the level exhibited here can be pretty outrageous.

I don't get "rank" egotism in real life. My spontaneous grin and unconditional positive regard are easily "read" in "meatspace" so my confrontations have a soft and loving core, which is obvious to folks at my center and around eugene. Here in cyberspace, it's much easier to treat folks as cardboard caricatures, cyber personae like the kind everyone agrees are ficticious game personae. I know all "personal identities" are merely personae, even tho, in my case factually true. I have never lied here, even in the midst of my most rude and arrogant confrontations.
But, Thank God for practical guidance, even in such matters as my combative persona here. It is clearly, as Dave Toast has implied, not helping the "substance" of my intent to help folks transcend the egoic illusion. So I've dumped the persona.
It was a natural, given my history as a biker my whole adult life, and my hanging out with the "tough crowds" (like the Free Souls.) I am a fairly imposing presence and totally fearless since my breakthrough, so I fit right in. (Was "recruited" but declined.

Adya has said that no one needs to hear what he has to say nor is there any need to convince anyone of anything. People do get to believe what they want and will do so regardless of whatever source is offering information. So defending ideas on a personal level can't really be what enlightenment is about. What is it like for you to be baited by egotists? You have responded so there must be something in it that still catches you.

I really have no attachment, no personal identity to defend. I really am committed to radical honesty, and that puts truth above "little white lies" to spare others' feelings..., their attachments. But my rude persona here has become a monster... totally counter-productive for sharing and inspiring enlightenment. That was the essence of the very intense Journey all night monday.

Thanks for being a real human being and valuing enlightenment above the usuall personal opinion debates.

In any event, it seems you will be taking a different tact in the future. People will probably still try to bait you. I look forward to seeing how it goes.
Me too... if I do continue here after a break of whatever duration.
(Still interested in the cosmology/Kosmos discussion. We will see.

Thanks again.
mikiel
maestro

Post by maestro »

mikiel wrote:But my rude persona here has become a monster... totally counter-productive for sharing and inspiring enlightenment. That was the essence of the very intense Journey all night monday.
I get the impression, that people are not put off by your rude boy persona, rather they regard your claim to enlightenment as bogus.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Nah, over here its hi-5 to mikiel's new persona minus mask. One could tell, at times obliquely, he knew what he was talking about in terms of enlightenment. Good for him.
Ramayana

Post by Ramayana »

So, you no longer consider m-theory "fantasy physics"?
I don't get it... If it was part of your alleged "visions" in the first place, why argue against it. That anyone "buying" into it is stupid and merely a following of the brain washing, intimidating, mathematical manipulative "pop-science"(ist's)... Wasn't that your statement(s) or at least sentiment?

It's all been a sham from the get go...
Ramayana

Post by Ramayana »

My mistake, I read your "retirement speech" again and see I was in error. I thought you were now claiming to incorporate m-theory into your "visions". As you were merely stating "extensive" research into the theory.

But, to rest my case, and I apologize if this in inflammatory. But to be "radically honest" I see nearly everything posted by you (here an myspace) as a disgustingly transparent attempt at self promotion. Even this thread... It's always, look at me, see how smart I think I am, go to my website, visit my blog, research my history on myspace, listen to me preach my philosophy... Then claim there is no ego behind it, all the while lashing out at those rubbing against the grain...
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

mikiel wrote:
Dave Toast wrote:Good man.

My guidance was to dump the "rude boy." I have. The multi-faceted life I have shared here is all true.
mikiel
That's not what I meant. By the multi-facetted juggling act I meant the having to attack this, defend that, claim this, insist that, keep up this appearance, maintain that assumption, etc. I'm willing to bet it's a direct result of being subject to multiple attacks by all and sundry on Myspace, most of which will have been egotistical in nature.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Real Deal Mikiel-
mikiel - Here is a case of perfect synchronicity.

-tomas-
Yeah, yeah, yeah, on with the show!

-Real Deal Mikiel-
Spent all Monday night on a shamanic journey in which I was given clear guidance to give up the "rude-boy" internet persona.

-tomas-
Speaking from experience on journeys (acid trips), the one thing Not To Do ... is ... look in the mirror. Now that is a real-life reawakening!

-Real Deal Mikiel-
I never use use it in real life.

-tomas-
[pfft] - Get yer ass kicked!

-Mikiel reflects-
Don't need it in the atomsphere of mutual respect which prevails in my life in "meatspace."

-tomas-
There's always gonna be mean, leaner, bigger bikers half your age, looking to settle a score from thirty years ago. Crow-bar upside the head will firm up that "meatspace" you run on about to no end.

-Mikiel reflects on yesteryear-
So I got a review of all my nasty interactions on this forum and others over the years... with a clear outcome... "give it up" (not the net but the nasty arrogant persona.)

-tomas sniffs-
Give you a week before you relapse...

-Mikiel has another LSD flashback-
I came back prepared to make this announcement, and, whaddaya know, Dave Toast had taken me to the cleaners on the present state of quantum physics. (My studies under Amit Goswami were several years ago, and I have not kept up on the latest developments.)

-tomas-
What with the English carousing about the world, no wonder!

-Mikiel kneels-
So I do concede the argument to Dave.

-tomas-
Time to have MI5 pull Dave's passport. Don't need his ilk here, in America :-/

-Mikiel threatens-
I'll be taking at least a leave of absence here.

-tomas-
A likely story...

-Mikiel muses-
Maybe I'll return at some point.

-tomas-
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

-Mikiel-
Maybe not.

-tomas-
More top-secret Pentagon IQ tests?

-Mikiel recites the two-finger boy scout oath-
If so, I'll be discussing cosmology in my thread on that in a respectful manner.

-tomas-
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that line... (inflation, you know?)

-Mikiel drops another hit of acid-
I really have "seen" cosmos expanding and contracting my whole life as a mystic

-tomas-
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

-or was is biker crank Mikiel ate?-
and have studied other models of cosmology extensively, including "string/M-theory."

-tomas-
Sittin' on the edge of the seat awaiting your every hushed shamanic teaching...

-Mikiel ponders the utility of Genius Forum-
Yet, I'm not sure a science thread is appropriate in this forum.

-tomas-
Worse that can happen is that Dan will lock your thread (for insubordination).

-Mikiel slobbers all over Dan & Company-
Comments by admin on this would be welcome in this regard.

-tomas-
Send Dan a Private Message ... perhaps he doesn't read your old-man biker rants.

-Mikiel
My sincere apologies to everyone I have offended (here and elswhere.)
mikiel

-tomas-
Seriously, Mikiel. Better-late-than-never to wake up to the realities of friendly, internet dialogue. You are an interesting fellow. Keep up the new persona :-)

PS - If I'm ever in Eugene ... keep on truckin' :-)

mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Dave Toast wrote in reply to my:
"My guidance was to dump the "rude boy." I have. The multi-faceted life I have shared here is all true."
That's not what I meant. By the multi-facetted juggling act I meant the having to attack this, defend that, claim this, insist that, keep up this appearance, maintain that assumption, etc. I'm willing to bet it's a direct result of being subject to multiple attacks by all and sundry on Myspace, most of which will have been egotistical in nature.
Backing up a bit here to clarify some detail.
First, I'm wondering how much research you've done on my interactions at the Myspace forums (science and religion/philosophy.)
There is no question that Myspace is primarily a popularity contest and self promotion forum for the young-uns trying to look smart. And they are mostly real paranhas with juvenile zeal to devour and be nourished by their illusory and inflated self images of victory.

So my question to you is this: Given my statement:
"The multi-faceted life I have shared here is all true." ...

How is it that you missed the part (of my true life story) where I have not, since '94, had to...
"attack this, defend that, claim this, insist that, keep up this appearance, maintain that assumption, etc."..?

(All absent post enlightenment.)

It really appears that your post is a veiled attempt to convey that you still think I am a liar.
Why not just say so straight out? Because it's your un-informed opinion against my true life story? A good reason to veil it, I suppose.

Comments? Please be radically honest. (Not the same as rude and nasty)... My opening quotes above still apply and I will continue to abide by them. But if you do believe I am a liar, please make a substantal argument to support the insinuation in your above quote.

mikiel
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

And with that, you're straight back to not engendering compassion again.

How is it that you missed the part (of my true life story) where I couldn't give a flying fuck?
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Dave Toast wrote:And with that, you're straight back to not engendering compassion again.

How is it that you missed the part (of my true life story) where I couldn't give a flying fuck?
And with that you go rude and nasty to the nth degree and terminate this conversation. I said I was giving up the rude/nasty persona, not making it my mission in life to find out what "engenders compassion" in you for me and kiss up to it. I feel no need for "compassion." Just dumping the "flying fuck" kind of hostility here. You are dong fine filling in for me, tho I willed the persona to someone else... There's more than enough nasty shit around for anyone who who still wants to scoop it up and sling it. In fact, I think you are better at it than I. Congrats!

Your characterization of me in the mode of:
"attack this, defend that, claim this, insist that, keep up this appearance, maintain that assumption, etc."..?...
was clearly a "nasty" spin on what I call radically honest engagement in discussion, debate and dialogue.
Maybe you mistook my intent as assumption of a kiss-ass role here having found my inferior place in the prevailing hierarchy. Not!

Anyway I'll stick to conversations with those who *do* give a flying fuck.
Bye,
mikiel
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Anyway I'll stick to conversations with those who *do* give a flying fuck.
Bye,
So Toast is 'toast' where you're concerned is what you're basically saying?
Good Citizen Carl
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

You misunderstand, continually. I couldn't give a flying fuck........ about you and your self-obsession.

Go back and read what's been written. This time, imagine I was sincere in what I was saying and was in fact offering succour, in light of your resolution. With that in mind, imagine my take on your take on what I'd written, and how you managed to turn it into something it wasn't. Imagine my take on seeing you then go about questioning my saying that your (supposedly former) persona involves "having to attack this, defend that, claim this, insist that, keep up this appearance, maintain that assumption, etc."....... by doing exactly that!

Go back and read it if you don't believe me.

Then imagine what happened to the resolution dependent compassion I was putting out, then see why I couldn't give a flying fuck about you and your self-obsession.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Dave Toast wrote:You misunderstand, continually. I couldn't give a flying fuck........ about you and your self-obsession.

Go back and read what's been written. This time, imagine I was sincere in what I was saying and was in fact offering succour, in light of your resolution. With that in mind, imagine my take on your take on what I'd written, and how you managed to turn it into something it wasn't. Imagine my take on seeing you then go about questioning my saying that your (supposedly former) persona involves "having to attack this, defend that, claim this, insist that, keep up this appearance, maintain that assumption, etc."....... by doing exactly that!

Go back and read it if you don't believe me.

Then imagine what happened to the resolution dependent compassion I was putting out, then see why I couldn't give a flying fuck about you and your self-obsession.
I just reviewed the whole exchange. I get an identical impression: You continually misunderstand me.
I get that you were "sincere in what (you were) saying and (were) in fact offering succour, in light of (my) resolution."
This re:
--------
"That's not what I meant. By the multi-facetted juggling act I meant the having to attack this, defend that, claim this, insist that, keep up this appearance, maintain that assumption, etc. I'm willing to bet it's a direct result of being subject to multiple attacks by all and sundry on Myspace, most of which will have been egotistical in nature."
-----------

You must have been in not giving a flying fuck mode when you read:
"Your characterization of me in the mode of:
"attack this, defend that, claim this, insist that, keep up this appearance, maintain that assumption, etc."..?...
was clearly a "nasty" spin on what I call radically honest engagement in discussion, debate and dialogue.
Maybe you mistook my intent as assumption of a kiss-ass role here having found my inferior place in the prevailing hierarchy. Not!"
--------------

I'll spell it out again. You were feeling benevolent in your willingness to excuse my "attack this, defend that, claim this, insist that, keep up this appearance, maintain that assumption, etc."..?... on account
of my "being subject to multiple attacks by all and sundry on Myspace, most of which will have been egotistical in nature."

I needed no excuse or pardon, as I didn't see it as you did, even at Myspace in the first place. See "what I call it..." again above.

Anyway, I read you loud and clear on your:
"I couldn't give a flying fuck........ about you and your self-obsession."
Hence my: "Anyway I'll stick to conversations with those who *do* give a flying fuck.

My passion for the subjects in which I engaged at Myspace and here is not the "self-obsession" of the false mikiel you have fabricated and present here as the true version of mikiel. Again, I'm the expert on this guy, as you are on your persona, which you mistake for your identity. (Condescension back atcha.)

This is a wrap.
mikiel
Ramayana

Post by Ramayana »

Dave Toast wrote:Again, I'm the expert on this guy, as you are on your persona, which you mistake for your identity.
Hmm, so you're an expert "on this guy" (yourself) AND nearly everyone else too huh? Heh, you do exactly the same crap with your sharp tonged analysis of all that engage you...

Amazing, does nothing get through to this egomaniac? It seems impossible for you to step away and see the constant hypocrisy's and why you spur on criticism...
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

On:
....."being subject to multiple attacks by all and sundry on Myspace, most of which will have been egotistical in nature."...

This one stalked me all the way from Myspace with some kind of dogged obsession with bringing me down... Brought up my IQ and then slung shit when I confirmed the truth of it. Criticized my cosmology without supporting counter argument... like that, plus the ever present character assassination with no clue what radical honesty actually is in practice.
One of the big three here said this one qualifies as a troll and is subject to being banned from the GF.

Seems fair if s/he has nothing of substance to argue against me here in this forum.

One really shouldn't have to put up with attacks from sharks who smell blood across the vast sea and travel far for the kill.
mikiel
Ramayana

Post by Ramayana »

mikiel wrote:On:
....."being subject to multiple attacks by all and sundry on Myspace, most of which will have been egotistical in nature."...

This one stalked me all the way from Myspace with some kind of dogged obsession with bringing me down... Brought up my IQ and then slung shit when I confirmed the truth of it. Criticized my cosmology without supporting counter argument... like that, plus the ever present character assassination with no clue what radical honesty actually is in practice.
One of the big three here said this one qualifies as a troll and is subject to being banned from the GF.

Seems fair if s/he has nothing of substance to argue against me here in this forum.

One really shouldn't have to put up with attacks from sharks who smell blood across the vast sea and travel far for the kill.
mikiel
Ah again, we thank you for your alleged "expert" opinion of one's intentions. Since you object to having yourself sized-up perhaps it would be recommended you follow the same guidelines. Hypocrisy is a standard with you. I doubt it will change...

I understand the "radical honesty" crap just fine. The alleged attempt at tough love, you'll shock me into evaluating my judgments with rudeness. Or to show total disregard for one's feelings in voicing your own opinion, as you presume yours is of better judgment. The whole, this is gonna hurt me more than you crap. Ya, ok, you're here nearly everyday arguing and insulting, in general showing your ass outta love and concern huh? I'm unconvinced you are not simply a nut case cult leader, or a non-compliant mental patient refusing treatment, perhaps a doped up hippy tree hugger with a very poor attitude. Not that latter can't offer any insight occasionally, but, if needed, I'll look elsewhere for advice, and certainly not with a pyramid prophesier (mikiel claims the whole world will enter a new phase of enlightenment in 2014, or the world may end, something like that, according to some kinna pyramid alignments or scriptures, something out there), or a mystic with a shitty attitude (shitty attitude or not, really). Which I still don't see the difference between your visions the visions of the people in the nut house... Anyone who has hallucinated can attest to how convincing and distorted the mind can be, and all the nut cases will always tell you it was real, They "KNOW" it was real. Moving along, The radical honesty you claim to dish out is nothing but egocentric excuses to rank on people who don't agree with you, there are no good-will intentions or love behind it. If there has ever been a wolf trying on the sheeps clothing, ya get it? Your exercise of the concept is flawed. I do have an idea what it is. Your analysis is, and ever, wrong...

The post you refer to above, was alleged to be "trolling" (it means to pick a fight) and did not call me A troll...haha... There's a difference, perhaps the techy slang is beyond your capacity. I was not really "trolling" either, I asked if this was the same person... The critique was from the sweet little move you pulled at myspace, preaching (yes preaching) your cosmology, and eventually backed into a logical corner, proclaiming your ideas were too smart or advanced for anyone to understand, anyone without and IQ of 165 can't even think for themselves, only regurgitate their teachings, and should bug out of the debate... That is nearly a word for word, not even a paraphrase... Whoa huh? Eventually slinging out so many insults as to get banned... But, it's all in our best interest you show your hinny so much right?
My comment here was for someone claiming to be sooo smart, that was really, stupid thing to do... deal with it...

The cosmology you refer to has throughly been refuted. It offers no solutions to modern cosmology questions and ends up contradicting many observations... It has been gone over-over (not here), you only wish to argue what you "think" you know, and over look the obvious flaws... Honestly, it's like arguing with a retard...
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

In the interest of truth and justice, I'm on clean-up detail here tonight.
R:
Hypocrisy is a standard with you. I doubt it will change...

Empty accusations will not stand. Cite an example. I am a truth teller, and I know me quite a bit better than you.
I understand the "radical honesty" crap just fine. The alleged attempt at tough love, you'll shock me into evaluating my judgments with rudeness. Or to show total disregard for one's feelings in voicing your own opinion, as you presume yours is of better judgment. The whole, this is gonna hurt me more than you crap.
I've been practicing radical honesty since '94, way before I ever heard of the "founder" of it or read Brad Blanton. (He did not, in fact, coin the phrase.) Your "tough love" take on it is a very small slice taken from the "therapy milieu" were really "tough cases" require really tough confrontation with honest feedback. "Love" really has nothing to do with it. Just a euphemism coined by the "practicioners" to give it all a positive spin.
"Crap?" Most folks thing telling the truth at all cost is not civilized and certainly not polite as per puting hurt feelings below truth telling.
(If I were to actually attempt to engage you, I would ask how the above is "crap." But it is a lost cause with you, as I will flesh out more below.
I'm unconvinced you are not simply a nut case cult leader, or a non-compliant mental patient refusing treatment, perhaps a doped up hippy tree hugger with a very poor attitude
So far all I've seen from you is this kind of character assassination without any basis in substantial argument at all.
mikiel claims the whole world will enter a new phase of enlightenment in 2014, or the world may end, something like that, according to some kinna pyramid alignments or scriptures, something out there),
Some kinna what?..."enlightenment... or the world may end, something like that..."
Very well spoken, astute observation, top end intelligence!
I've studied the monument (off and on) since '75. Its the most studied and published monument in the world. I've taught college classes on it. Maybe you have a specific criticism... (Just kidding)...
You haven't the smallest clue to the long history of the study of the Great Pyramid's chronograph.
The post you refer to above, was alleged to be "trolling" (it means to pick a fight) and did not call me A troll...haha... There's a difference, perhaps the techy slang is beyond your capacity. I was not really "trolling" either, I asked if this was the same person... The critique was from the sweet little move you pulled at myspace, preaching (yes preaching) your cosmology, and eventually backed into a logical corner, proclaiming your ideas were too smart or advanced for anyone to understand, anyone without and IQ of 165 can't even think for themselves, only regurgitate their teachings, and should bug out of the debate... That is nearly a word for word, not even a paraphrase... Whoa huh? Eventually slinging out so many insults as to get banned... But, it's all in our best interest you show your hinny so much right?
My comment here was for someone claiming to be sooo smart, that was really, stupid thing to do... deal with it...
So if you didn't come from Myspace to pick a fight with me here, maybe you'd like to clarify how this is not so. (Just kidding again. Of course you did... with no spcifics to bring into actual argument against me.)
But, anyway, your post was "alleged to be " trolling, but you are not a troll. Who writes such a trolling post, your ghost writer... "not me?"

So, I was "preaching" my cosmology at myspace? How does this differ from "presenting" ones cosmology? Seems the poisen is all in your "not picking a fight" mind.

I'd love to hear your version (if you had one besides viper venom) of my being "backed into a corner" on my cosmology. (I've got plenty of specifc in my cosmology thread if you want to have an actual scientific debate. (Yes, I'm an incorrible kidder!)
proclaiming your ideas were too smart or advanced for anyone to understand, anyone without and IQ of 165 can't even think for themselves, only regurgitate their teachings, and should bug out of the debate... That is nearly a word for word, not even a paraphrase... Whoa huh?
I've often challenged people to think for themselves instead of regurgitating their textbook science... which "don't neccessarily make it true", tho you will fail the class if you don't give "the right answer. This is what I was constantly up against at the Myspace science forum. I *never* asked anyone to "bug out of a debate" but only to actually *debate* with actual specific experimental research or reasonable theory. And the constant repetition of the "165 IQ" was "Six Strings" folly. Like here its now established at 170. Truth is the ave of both the children's and adult's tests was 174. Quite a bit higher on the one adjusted for age for adults, and way higher on the "high genius" specially calibrated test given by the institute which did the survey of the top one in a half million to one in a million scores.
Finally, if you have one small argument against my cosmology from ":real science" lets have it. (You might want to check out Iolaus' links on the Big Bang and my replies in my cosmology thread before you go too far out on a limb and "expose yourself."

Well, its late, and I'm gong to bed.

Note to admin: Is this kind of trans-forum sharking allowed here?
(It's true, I'm not up on the labels, trolling and all, but you labeled it. Are you going to enforce it?)
(It would be excellent to get this leech off my ass. Its all flame and no real relevant argument.)
Too tired to edit... fuck it.
mikiel
Ramayana

Post by Ramayana »

mikiel wrote:I've been practicing radical honesty since '94, way before I ever heard of the "founder" of it or read Brad Blanton. (He did not, in fact, coin the phrase.) Your "tough love" take on it is a very small slice taken from the "therapy milieu" were really "tough cases" require really tough confrontation with honest feedback. "Love" really has nothing to do with it. Just a euphemism coined by the "practicioners" to give it all a positive spin.
"Crap?" Most folks thing telling the truth at all cost is not civilized and certainly not polite as per puting hurt feelings below truth telling.
(If I were to actually attempt to engage you, I would ask how the above is "crap." But it is a lost cause with you, as I will flesh out more below.
At all costs is taking it a bit extreme. More directly and accurately, when unnecessary there is no cause to invoke anxiety other than EGO...

For instance: (a quote from mikiel)
"I am radically honest, and in the process have dished out some harsh criticism, but I think it has always been in response to folks' ridicule of me personally as a "visionary mystic."
Response or retaliation?
Comments? Please be radically honest. (Not the same as rude and nasty)
Kinna makes one wonder where the "line" is... If mikiel says it, it's radical honesty, if another states the same, it's ego feeding...

Another example of the hypocrisy that is... ??
But, anyway, your post was "alleged to be " trolling, but you are not a troll. Who writes such a trolling post, your ghost writer... "not me?"
Who writes presumptuous, careless (Or self-serving, same thing here), ego maniacal posts? Your ghost writer? tit for tat...

Perhaps it's gotten by you. No one alleged your IQ at 165. You alleged no one with an IQ of 165+ was capable of free thought. I think my statement was rather clear.
And the constant repetition of the "165 IQ" was "Six Strings" folly. Like here its now established at 170.
But then, wasn't this what you wrote?
Those who scoredbelow 165 on the ave. of all tests, and those near the topof this range were only quoting what they had studied in cosmology classes, the source authors of which were only "genius level" on the Mensa criterion of top two out of 100, which will give you a doctorate but is no sign of the actual creative/innovative/visionary thinking which pushes the evolutioary envelope of scientific progress.
Next...
So, I was "preaching" my cosmology at myspace? How does this differ from "presenting" ones cosmology? Seems the poisen is all in your "not picking a fight" mind.
The difference? Heh, parhaps proclaiming yourself a "Maverick of Science", or that you "consult [the] kosmos" or maybe the constant promotion of your website, and blogs, or maybe the just the constant promotion of yourself, haha... There is a difference between sharing an idea and preaching. Must one really point that out to you?

Perhaps I will move on over to your cosmology thread and go over yet again the errors of the model...
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Post subject: Re: Practial steps to enlightmentPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:58 am
Ramayana wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong here Michael. From the sounds of it, and the fact I don't know too many ppl signing their name as Mikiel... But, did you get banned from the myspace science forums? Not that it would surprise me, wasn't your defense to some new age wacko assertions, that you were to smart to be wrong?? Literally, that was your defense, correct? That your IQ was 170 plus and the rest of us were too dumb to even understand your concepts??

Could it be?
Dan Rowden wrote:
This post is trolling. I suggest you stick to addressing what the poster says here; we're not interested in what he may or may not have done elsewhere.
Dan,
Are any of this ones subsequent posts any less trolling? If so, how? If not, where is that admiistrative sword?

Ram here has only used his/her powered up flame-thrower so far. Seems clearly just here for a feeding frenzie.
II like my mixed metaphores "shaken, not stirred.")
mikiel