Male vs Female Brains

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Tomas

Re: Male vs Female Brains

Post by Tomas »

-Elizabeth Isabelle - Men More Forgetful Than Women

-Lizzy muses-
Perhaps the lack of activity in the male brain would better predispose men to a Buddha-state,

-tomas-
The male brain shuts out what is unnecessary, why clutter up a perfectly good mental-state with everyday cares?

-Lizzy continues-
but it also leads to the sort of mental deficiencies associated with dementia.

-tomas-
Bad eating habits, too-tight underwear, perhaps an unintended inherited genetic mishap (flaw), poor-quality drinking water from birth to getting out of the parental home, poor sanitary habits...

-Lizzy drones on...-
Although quieting the mind is an important step to philosophical maturity,

-tomas-
A "nice" woman is a good find and wonderful helpmate :-)

-Lizzy intones-
becoming mentally inert is not conducive to genius.

-tomas-
When its time - its time :-(

-Lizzy-
Here is yet another reason to choose The Middle Way.

-tomas-
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you...

Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Peter L wrote:Elizabeth,
Here is yet another reason to choose The Middle Way.
What's The Middle Way?

Let me guess - balance between the masculine/feminine mind. Isn't that something the average female/male strive towards?
It means moderation - no extremes. And I'm not sure that the "average" person strives for anything, except maybe to get through the day.

The Middle Way

Tomas,

:)
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

That reminds me of the last time I went to Church about fifteen years ago. On the spur of the moment on a Sunday morning I wandering into a Church to see what was going on. I was sitting down for a while, when all of a sudden everyone else stood up and I was the only one sitting. So I slowly stood up. By the time I stood up, everyone else had sat down again. So I sat down again, whereupon everyone else stood up again.
:) been there, done that - even though I was raised catholic mass attender, so should know when to sit, kneel or stand (how fucking doggish is this!). Now I only go for family funerals or weddings.

With regards dementia, one thing I have noticed about old women is that they are generally less aware of their surroundings than old men. When catching transport or walking in busy pedestrian traffic, watch the way the old matriarch bitches are completely within their own world and don't realise people are waiting. Now while this also occurs in old males, it is to a lesser extent -when they realise they react, whereas the old women take longer or are just fucking arragont about it.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Jamesh wrote:
That reminds me of the last time I went to Church about fifteen years ago. On the spur of the moment on a Sunday morning I wandering into a Church to see what was going on. I was sitting down for a while, when all of a sudden everyone else stood up and I was the only one sitting. So I slowly stood up. By the time I stood up, everyone else had sat down again. So I sat down again, whereupon everyone else stood up again.
:) been there, done that - even though I was raised catholic mass attender, so should know when to sit, kneel or stand (how fucking doggish is this!). Now I only go for family funerals or weddings.

With regards dementia, one thing I have noticed about old women is that they are generally less aware of their surroundings than old men. When catching transport or walking in busy pedestrian traffic, watch the way the old matriarch bitches are completely within their own world and don't realise people are waiting. Now while this also occurs in old males, it is to a lesser extent -when they realise they react, whereas the old women take longer or are just fucking arragont about it.

You are vulgar regarding women, you hate your mother?

Tomas

Women See Male Leadership As Love (see photo)

Post by Tomas »

See photo at top of article
http://www.rense.com/general81/femm.htm

Women are being left high and dry (or drunk) as men bail on the concept of marriage altogether.
Female sex appeal is a function of their fertility. It will quickly fade, and they will finally realize that a sinister power has subverted our culture and betrayed them. They need to form families when they are young and desirable to men or risk being alone for the rest of their lives.
Young men must again think of themselves primarily as family leaders and builders, and look for a good woman to be wife and mother of their children. They must quickly weed out the damaged women, or find one that is still salvageable. They must test her over time to make sure she is devoted and not only willing but happy to accept their leadership. If she has another big priority, move on.
Men, confine yourself to women who look up to you. If you're looking up to her, the relationship is doomed. (see photo)

http://www.rense.com/general81/femm.htm

Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

“‘Is there really a difference between a man’s and a woman’s brain?’ Gathering my composure, I said ‘Huge differences, and we can prove it.’ Here I pointed to a set of brain scans that we did of a couple at my clinic. ‘Typically the woman’s brain is very active. Thinking, thinking, thinking, especially in the emotional part of the brain. The man’s brain, by comparison, is relatively quiet. A woman’s brain is always working and a man’s brain needs stimulation.’ Meredith Vieira chimed in, ‘Seems like little is happening in the male brain.’”
Oh, this makes me a little sick. What a burden to be a female!

If this is true, and if male writers of the oriental Buddhist religion refer so much to the 'monkey mind' - what the hell kind of mind would women have? Like a snarling hive of bees?

I wonder if perhaps stress has something to do with it. Maybe women's brains are in overdrive because - we don't belong in the men's world?

Oh, I don't know. I just think we got a bum deal in this feminism crap.

I get to work all my life, be separated from my infants, not be able to breast feed, coordinate even more stuff, and be more exhausted physically and mentally, compete in places where females are at a disadvantage, and all for the great privilege of:

Drum Roll....

Voting for fucking tweedledum or tweedledee.
When a woman has expectations of responsibility placed on her shoulders, the chaos and worry kick into over-drive and everything becomes a personal battle for them. A dominant man can take all that away from her.
What, and you begrudge me that little bit of peace?
Women are still placed on a pedestal and molly-coddled as ever.
I know you're out the door, but very few women have been placed on pedestals and molly coddled. Just a few of the wealthier Victorians.
So I slowly stood up. By the time I stood up, everyone else had sat down again. So I sat down again, whereupon everyone else stood up again.
Yes, I've been to an Anglican church, which was quite nice but the little kneeling boards and upping and downing irritated me. Thank goodness I was raised in the lovely Eastern Orthodox church where you just stand, and you can slip in or out any time.
Truth is a pathless land.
xerox

Post by xerox »

Last edited by xerox on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Iolaus wrote:
‘Typically the woman’s brain is very active. Thinking, thinking, thinking, especially in the emotional part of the brain. The man’s brain, by comparison, is relatively quiet. A woman’s brain is always working and a man’s brain needs stimulation.’
Oh, this makes me a little sick. What a burden to be a female!

If this is true, and if male writers of the oriental Buddhist religion refer so much to the 'monkey mind' - what the hell kind of mind would women have? Like a snarling hive of bees?
Indeed. Of course the Buddhists didn't use much specific male and female terminologies for mind in their male dominated society. Some of the so-called Gnostics or proto-Christians however did that without hesitation:
One [of the two emanations] appears from above and is male in nature. It's the great power - the universal form of consciousness which orders all things. The other appears from below and is female in nature. It is the great thought which produces all things.

The nature of thought here is to divide, separate and create boundaries doing that, producing an endless supply of things, issues, concerns when left by itself. The masculine direction, a unifying, ordering principle if nothing else, can lift thought into the realms of reason, possibly producing wisdom.

No need to repeat here that this is a process in every human being. Gender biology however does show the clinical base underlying these processes.
I wonder if perhaps stress has something to do with it. Maybe women's brains are in overdrive because - we don't belong in the men's world?
The pure essential feminine will by definition not belong in the world, aside from the temporary surface worlds she keeps creating and upholding for herself. They could be heaven or hell, for that matter.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Iolaus,

I'm glad you're back, and I enjoy reading your posts, but could you please fucking tell us who you are quoting??? I know this is an old habit of yours, and I can't be bothered to search through the pages of the thread for the words, to identify whom you addressing.

Thanks.
Good Citizen Carl
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Carl G wrote:Iolaus,

I'm glad you're back, and I enjoy reading your posts, but could you please fucking tell us who you are quoting??? I know this is an old habit of yours, and I can't be bothered to search through the pages of the thread for the words, to identify whom you addressing.
Yes, dear.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Iolaus wrote:
Carl G wrote:Iolaus,

Yes, dear.
Oh, you're quoting Carl. Well, I knew it wasn't Shakespeare...
Tomas

The way to a man's heart? - through his left ear

Post by Tomas »

It is all to do with how our brains process information. (see responses)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 817270.ece

brokenhead

Re: The way to a man's heart? - through his left ear

Post by brokenhead »

Tomas wrote:.

It is all to do with how our brains process information. (see responses)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_a ... 817270.ece

Well, that explains a lot, Tomas. Several years ago, I had a suddedn, 95% loss of hearing in my left ear. Hmmmm....
Tomas

Are men boring?

Post by Tomas »

Are men boring?

After a nightmare evening trapped between two egos, Sabine Durrant set to discover when and why men started boring for Britain - see photo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/main. ... men111.xml

see photo

tek0

Post by tek0 »

I've never been much of a social butterfly myself and more often than not find myself bored to freaking death with the vast majority of "social" gatherings.

I tend to get idiotic women who rant 50 lightyears per minute about the most retarded shit then have the nerve to ask me why I am so quiet and asking whats wrong with me.

I always got the impression that these fools expected me to entertain them one way or another and I flat out tell women like that I am not their personal conversationist clown.

If I don't tell them that I generally just remain silent only adding imput when I hear something of interest or substance.

Sometimes I just prefer to let them think I am a shallow self absorbed fool and I begin looking for the exit or a cold beer.

It's like "Social gatherings...so easy a boring caveman could do it".

Different story altogether if I give a rats ass about the people who are doing the talking or if the coversation has a very real and usefull purpose.
Tomas

Does God Favor Males???

Post by Tomas »

Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Tomas,

I would have thought better of your powers of discernment. So these religious texts, which happened to be written by men in an age of patriarchy, imply that they were written by God. But were they?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Iolaus - Tomas,

I would have thought better of your powers of discernment

-tomas-
My bad! Keep in mind I'm blind in my left eye...

I should have included in a snippet the following:
Please read Reader reply number 2 by Lore. "The Naghamadi scrolls exclusion are an example of this..." and "...how stories tell of going to center of forest to consult the old woman for The Answer..."

More in her reply

Again, pardon for my negligence (physical handicap)

-Iola-
So these religious texts, which happened to be written by men in an age of patriarchy, imply that they were written by God. But were they?

-tomas-
Probably not. Old Willam Shakespeare (Sir Francis Bacon) did what he had to do to maintain the 'missionary position' of the woman...

Again, read the reply of reader # 2 (Lore).

Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Are you referring to the fact that Frances Bacon was the main editor/compiler of the King James Bible?
mansman

Post by mansman »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:Recently there has been some more research into the nature of depression in the light of stress (mental suffering) as major cause and the radical differences in gender as it comes to the chemicals involved.

The underlying hypothesis that initially fueled the research was that depression occurs when the brains cannot cope with stress when occurring over prolonged periods. Clinically depressed people would end up with too much 'stress hormone' and not enough urocortine which would reduce stress.

At the Radboud University in Holland they researched several brains of suicide victims which were positively diagnosed as being severely depressed right before their death. In total they had eleven to study. Seven male brains and four female ones. The surprise was that the chemical distributions found were not as expected at all.

The male brains didn't have any lowered level of urocortine but a nine times higher level. With females it was equal to the test groups. The males also had three times less BDNF (protein associated with nerve growth and maintenance). The female brains has five times more BDNF than brains outside the test group.

Original research published in : Neuroscience, 2008 Apr 9

So this result implies a major gender difference when it comes to mall-adaptation to stress factors and could lead to gender specific anti-depressives. What this means to the different experiences of depression or a different reaction to it on a more psychological basis is not known yet.

Another article though:
When the scans were completed, neuroscientists consistently found differences between the men's stressed-out brains and the women's. Men responded with increased blood flow to the right prefrontal cortex, responsible for "fight or flight." Women had increased blood flow to the limbic system, which is also associated with a more nurturing and friendly response.
I say reason is men have more responsibility and stress in lives result is brain generate much more chemicals to help deal, but in a few cases just wasnt enough or in time as we can see (they dead).
Women play with kids and main stress for most is if bad hair day (haha) so dont generate protective chemical in brain, just dont need that much.
That dead women brain have more nerve growth protien mean greater awareness contribute to death, because we all know ignorance is bliss and that normal state for many women, but when problem come into life she cant stand to much truth and kill self quickly emotionaly before brain have time to do much good.

Sound good to me!
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

Like both your words and your pooch, so cute. (OR, is it pooch doing writing? haha)
If you a woman, just think for minute what must be like to be a man in this world! expectation to be listening board to nonsense, and to be entertainment, to make laugh the women, is high.
I see girls dating they ask-- I want guy make me laugh, confident (so they can be lax) and good sense of humor (code for "not serious madman"), also ask for tall (want to feel small, how sick is that?) what else.........also expect to be fat someday and will look more fat if husband is short or thin, so husband best choice is tall, wide, not talk to much v important to.

tek0 wrote:I've never been much of a social butterfly myself and more often than not find myself bored to freaking death with the vast majority of "social" gatherings.

I tend to get idiotic women who rant 50 lightyears per minute about the most retarded shit then have the nerve to ask me why I am so quiet and asking whats wrong with me.

I always got the impression that these fools expected me to entertain them one way or another and I flat out tell women like that I am not their personal conversationist clown.

If I don't tell them that I generally just remain silent only adding imput when I hear something of interest or substance.

Sometimes I just prefer to let them think I am a shallow self absorbed fool and I begin looking for the exit or a cold beer.

It's like "Social gatherings...so easy a boring caveman could do it".

Different story altogether if I give a rats ass about the people who are doing the talking or if the coversation has a very real and usefull purpose.
- FOREIGNER
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

tek0 wrote:Sometimes I just prefer to let them think I am a shallow self absorbed fool and I begin looking for the exit or a cold beer.
Always look for the cold beer first and then the exit.
Tomas

Home for sale includes wife

Post by Tomas »

Home for sale includes wife

In the ad, Traboscia writes:
"If you want to live the never ending dream and experience the real love, life and the romance you have always felt was a fairytale then this is the vibrant outstanding woman of your dreams! To sweep this European Loving Lady off her feet send in your application right now."

-see slideshow-

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local ... 66ae138149

Tomas

The way to a woman's heart

Post by Tomas »

[snip]
The researchers carried out the study using computer technology to alter pictures of 15 men's faces so that they displayed different degrees of hairiness. Five levels of facial hair were used - clean-shaven, light stubble, heavy stubble, light beard and full beard.

The pictures were shown to 76 women who were asked to rate them for masculinity, aggression, dominance, attractiveness, age, and social maturity. They were also asked how desirable each man would be as a short-term or long-term partner.

Writing in the journal Personality and Individual Differences, the researchers conclude:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.j ... ble129.xml

mansman

Re: The way to a woman's heart

Post by mansman »

Tomas wrote:.

[snip]
The researchers carried out the study using computer technology to alter pictures of 15 men's faces so that they displayed different degrees of hairiness. Five levels of facial hair were used - clean-shaven, light stubble, heavy stubble, light beard and full beard.

The pictures were shown to 76 women who were asked to rate them for masculinity, aggression, dominance, attractiveness, age, and social maturity. They were also asked how desirable each man would be as a short-term or long-term partner.

Writing in the journal Personality and Individual Differences, the researchers conclude:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.j ... ble129.xml

Dont everyone know these answers about womens desires, preference?
I will take guesses before checking site:
1. Like light stuble, sexy, good for quick fix.
2. Too thick stubble approach drunk with no job and more dangerous, worse than bearded.
3. Bearded can be mature looking, possible long term if not big beard.
4. But most prefer clean shaven for boyfriend/husband, add occassional stuble when horny.

How I do?

EDIT: My guesses were for American women.
Was not aware this UK survey.
Of course less violence there so stubble not threatening like in the US.
Plus American women shame easy if husband look messy, have not the backbone of Brittish dames. Love the accent! so sexy.
- FOREIGNER