Non-Locality

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Steven Coyle

Non-Locality

Post by Steven Coyle »

Non-locality is a quantum system ("a reality of sorts") in which phenomena are linked independently, without the use of any interconnecting forces acting upon them. In a non-local realm, time and space are often found to be surprisingly mutable. Which may raise the question... "Can the human bio-computer experience a non-local reality?" To which I would assert: "Yes, in fact."

I theorize that what psychologist's call the subconscious, is actually the gateway to a non-local, quantum database. Here determinism becomes reversed; inverted back upon itself; as one makes their way along the many hidden corridors of the mind's various lobes and cortex's. Subjective experience has shown that enough attention to the REM state produces various levels of precognitive ability. Point A may still lead to point B (the deterministic principle), but instead, outside of time...

Non-locality seems to explain this phenomenon remarkably well, as precognition would be loosely defined as "a quantum system (the subconscious) in which phenomena (the REM state) are linked independently (to waking events), without the use of any interconnecting forces acting upon them." Interesting enough. But other strange potential philosophical conundrums pop up as well. Suppose that this was evidence of another kind of causality. A type where the future is communicated back to the subconscious. A sort of cosmic block of space-time information. Or, suppose that in reality the subconscious is the realist reality, seeing as it would house the most information. What if the subconscious, living outside of time and space, actually organizes our waking existence? That it is acausal, gathering information from past, present and future, through the sub-atomic, non-locality principle.
Sapius

Re: Non-Locality

Post by Sapius »

Steven, you have touched one of my nerves by expressing it so well; a subject I generally avoid since it necessarily ends up going beyond into a subjectively expressed experience rather than what scientific methods can prove for now, making the speaker sort of a nut.

However, in a few thousand years perhaps, we will be mentally far advanced and what you call the ‘sub-conscious’ will be very much experienced within the ‘conscious’; I can but personally vouch for that.

I will give it some thought and may be respond… it is not so easy to express ones experience which another could really relate to unless he has had the same or similar experiences as well. One cannot explain and convey the taste of an orange in words.
---------
bert

Post by bert »

occuring or operating at the same time a able-to-make-fine-distinctions fertilize-making occurs which forms our media for being-present-everywhere-at-once minds ,and becomes our ego - then soul. caught-up we are as a functional reappearance of an earlier characteristic, the aspect of pronunciation that involves bringing articulatory organs together, so as to shape a sound of speech, of past state or being not yet evident or active.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Steven Coyle wrote:I theorize that what psychologist's call the subconscious, is actually the gateway to a non-local, quantum database.
The word you want there is "hypothesize,", not "theorize."
Subjective experience has shown that enough attention to the REM state produces various levels of precognitive ability.
Do you mean your own subjective experience, or is there some study on this?
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

S: I theorize that what psychologist's call the subconscious, is actually the gateway to a non-local, quantum database.

D: The word you want there is "hypothesize,", not "theorize."
(Speculate)
S: Subjective experience has shown that enough attention to the REM state produces various levels of precognitive ability.

D: Do you mean your own subjective experience, or is there some study on this?
My own subjective experience.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Steven Coyle wrote:Non-locality is a quantum system ("a reality of sorts") in which phenomena are linked independently
"Linked independently" sounds incoherent to me. It is a contradiction in terms.

Things are either linked or they are independent. But they can't be "linked independently".

Perhaps you are imagining a kind of link whereby no information is passed, and one thing has no influence on the other thing it is linked to. But what kind of a link could that be?
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

S: Non-locality is a quantum system ("a reality of sorts") in which phenomena are linked independently.

K: Things are either linked or they are independent. But they can't be "linked independently".
(Whoops.)

A second look at Wikipedia shows the better definition: "Non-locality is a physical theory in which it is not possible to treat widely separated systems as independent." So, as you've mentioned, there is a link, with information being shared.

The paradox still remains, however.

How is it possible to violate causality through precognition?

Is the subconscious evidence of acausal transfer?

I realize this is highly subjective territory, but I'd be interested to hear your take.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Steven Coyle wrote:How is it possible to violate causality through precognition?
I'd like to see evidence that there is precognition before I answer your question.

I believe things like "deja vu" are explained by one part of the brain acting on something (eg, seeing a snake) before it reaches consciousness.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Kevin Solway wrote: I believe things like "deja vu" are explained by one part of the brain acting on something (eg, seeing a snake) before it reaches consciousness.
Could be, and could also be a forgotten memory of something similar, but there is also a strong link between the feeling of deja vu and very brief seizures.
daybrown

Post by daybrown »

There is a minimum distance a minimum amount of matter, ie, an atom, can be moved. IIRC, 10X-35 meter. But whatever, when we get to nanotechnology shit gets weird. That minimum distance is a pixel of space.

There is also an ongoing debate on whether there are 6 or 7 more dimensions. but whatever, we dont have the technology to reveal what these do or what things in what passes for reality do to them. "There is more, Horatio, in Heaven and Earth than is dreamt of in thy philosophy." But we dunno how much more.

18th century Bengalese Saint Ramprasad, still at the apex of the Vedic canon before the Brits took over, said in a hymn to Kali that everything you see is part of a "projected Matrix" out of the mind of the Goddess. which seems consistent with what Quantum physics is now telling us.

As such events are projected in 3 dimensions just as movies are in two. De Jevu is the viewing of film clips that appear somewhat out of sequence, like movie trailers, that you get to see again. But again, like movie trailers, you dont really understand the context until you see it the second time.
Goddess made sex for company.
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Steven;
How is it possible to violate causality through precognition?
Could you please elaborate on that?

Something should necessarily cause the ‘precognition’ itself, so how does it violate causality?

Do you mean the unknown gap of conscious coherancy?
---------
DHodges

Didn't I post this before?

Post by DHodges »

Deja vu is not precognition. It's just a funny feeling. It doesn't require any particular explaining.
Steven Coyle

Rose Bud

Post by Steven Coyle »

Sapius,
Steven: How is it possible to violate causality through precognition?

Sapius: Something should necessarily cause the ‘precognition’ itself, so how does it violate causality?

Do you mean the unknown gap of conscious coherancy?
The "unknown gap of conscious coherency" is the missing link.

How is it possible for the mind to know the contents of the following days events, prior to their arrival in waking reality. Instead of A to B (normal determinism), precognitive information is
shared in a B to A pattern (suggesting an acausal process).

What further complicates the situation, is the highly abstract nature of precognition itself.

Here's an example:

While in the REM state, I dream of a puzzle being solved on "Wheel of Fortune." The puzzle solved reads as "Fish Food." Prior to this, while lying in bed, I hear the sound of wood scraping against my chest. A few days later, I receive a telepathic message: "Fish Food, Fid." Wondering what exactly a "Fid" is, I look it up. Turns out to be a a wooden or metal tool used to untie knots for nautical vessels. Interesting. A few days pass. As I enter my living room, thinking of the series of events, I view a commercial for a movie about autism. What specifically catches my eye is the nature of the relationship between the mother and son - naturally, an unnatural lack of communication is present. I wonder if my own autistic traits are in part due to my inability to connect with my own mother. A day passes. While watching TV, "Wheel of Fortune," no less, I sense an awkward frustration while attempting to answer the puzzles. As the game progresses, I begin to relax, and realize that being uncomfortable around your own mom, a mom who isn't all that bad, is weak at best. As the final puzzle ticks away, I have trouble solving it. But it holds an interesting clue nonetheless:

"Fish Food."

Questions arise...

How did my subconscious know in advance the tone and setting of the puzzle?

Potential evidence of acausal process.

What did "Fid" mean in context?

Overcoming the feeling of weakness - "wooden scraping against the chest." Also of note, the "Fid" scraped across a pre-existing surgical scar. Added reassurance?

What did "Fish Food" mean in context?

My parents used to always purchase a brand of ice cream called "Phish Food" to show their "love and support." Good reminder to remember that.

(Hope that wasn't as boring as listening to someone recall their dream during conversation. Though I always seem to enjoy it. ;-)
bert

Post by bert »

the continuum of memory is so interrupted by alternations of consciousness that re-remembering is a constant mechanism of visualisations precipitated by our hopes and fears seeking flesh. one memory discloses another,and ,when extremely recessive may appear precognitive; all things foreshadow their advent.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

How would you explain the dream?
Elizabeth Isabelle

Steven Coyle wrote:How would you explain the dream?
Sounds fishy to me.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

No fishy.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairvoyance)

*note section on Taoist/Buddhist spiritual practice
Elizabeth Isabelle

Steven Coyle wrote:No fishy.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clairvoyance)

*note section on Taoist/Buddhist spiritual practice
*sigh*
Steven Coyle wrote:While in the REM state, I dream of a puzzle being solved on "Wheel of Fortune." The puzzle solved reads as "Fish Food."
Steven Coyle wrote:But it holds an interesting clue nonetheless:

"Fish Food."
Steven Coyle wrote:How would you explain the dream?
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Sounds fishy to me.
*still having to explain my humor after all this time*
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

:-)

It was fish to food.
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Steven;
(Hope that wasn't as boring as listening to someone recall their dream during conversation. Though I always seem to enjoy it. ;-)
Not at all, but I would urge you to study your own dreams and experiences further, in whatsoever form you may experience them.
The "unknown gap of conscious coherency" is the missing link.
Well, you could say that, but actually a conscious awareness of the link is missing, but a link there is, and there are numerous reasons for that non-awareness, which only your further experiences AND your logical deduction of them can fill in.
---------
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Thanks Sapius.
divine focus

Post by divine focus »

Sapius wrote:
I've had altered states while awake, but I wouldn't call them awakening experiences; just glimpses.
I would be interested in knowing the details if you don’t mind; perhaps a new thread?
I'll post the reply here, since it fits the topic:

A new thread isn't necessary, as I don't remember a whole lot, and I'm not a fan of the spotlight. The one I most remember which you might call an altered state, as it was very altered, occured maybe 5 years ago. It felt as if my normal sense of self was relegated to a tiny but very "loud" arc of a much larger circle or sphere. It felt like I was scanning a sort of jukebox of experiences with visual entry points, sort of like the "Cover Flow" view in iTunes. I'm sure that if I wasn't so attached to a certain way of knowing myself, I could have "entered" into any one of them, or at least see what they were all about. As it is, I can only assume they were different focuses or "lifetimes," past and future, but mostly other-dimensional. There were so many that I didn't look in depth at any one in particular; I just know they were experiences. I don't know how long I was in that state in "real time"--it couldnt have been more than half an hour; maybe only 5 minutes--but it was so expansive, time was not a factor.

There are other sorts of altered states, some more mundane than others. By mundane, I mean the ones that occur while doing normal, wordly activities--for me, it's while playing basketball, playing videogames, or "freestyling." These aren't necessarily glimpses of anything except maybe "extraordinary" ability, which is obviously valuable. It is similar to the type of experience described above in that there is a larger you involved, but your focus is more on the real world as you're involved in your activity.
eliasforum.org/digests.html
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Hey Steven, you might be interested in this:

http://naturyl.humanists.net/synthesis/dejavu.html

It talks about quantum mechanics, time, and "backward causality."
I live in a tub.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Well, that was cool.

Wave collaspe to advanced wave transfer (sending information back through space and time - opening up non-linear time) describes the various clairvoyant processes I've come in contact with recently, rather remarkably well.

If I'm feeling crazy, I'll wax theoretical soon - detailing the paranormal with the scientific.
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

What are these "various clairvoyant processes," if I may ask? As an open disclosure, I'm quite skeptical of such claims. I'm willing to hear them, however, and you won't be ridiculed for explaining.
I live in a tub.