The Voice of Woman

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Kelly Jones

The Voice of Woman

Post by Kelly Jones »

I am the best. No one is as good as me.
- When this has not proven to be true, she says, "I fail because people won't help me, and because they hate me."

Everyone must like me and be friendly to me.
- If this doesn't happen, she says, "I am better off alone, everyone else is a loser."

Everyone must work hard to keep me happy.
- If they don't, she has tantrums and screams about all the disasters that are going to happen.

I don't have to do anything, because I have to be happy. I am happiest when there is nothing for me to do.
- If she must work, she blames everyone else for being lazy and inefficient.

I am easily bored. I have to be entertained.
- If she is not kept well-supplied with toys, she says, "Then I will sulk, or take my revenge."

If I am dysfunctional, everyone must immediately stop what they are doing to help me become functional again.
- If people are not helpful immediately, she says, "You are all selfish, double-faced idiots."

I must look as if I am already always supremely capable at everything.
- If she doesn't look like this, she says it is because she hasn't met any high-achievers, to have their influence rub off on her.

I understand everything, and I always explain myself perfectly clearly.
- If people don't understand, then she concludes that they must be a foreigner.

I am by rights a happy person.
- If she is not happy, then she is extremely and publicly depressed, because, as she says, "It is everyone else's fault that I am not happy".

I am by rights a wealthy, successful person.
- If she is not wealthy or successful, she says, "Everyone is a bastard for not paying me my dues."

My children are beautiful, healthy, intelligent, and popular.
- If they are not, it is someone else's fault, and woe betide them.
Ignis Fatuus

Re: The Voice of Woman

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

Are you a woman?
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

I'm a biological female.

By "the voice of woman", I meant the voice of the unconscious ego.

I wrote the above using "a man's voice" (a conscience).
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

By "the voice of woman", I meant the voice of the unconscious ego.
So, you're substituting unconscious ego, for a woman. Can you please be a little more specific - I don't quite understand the purpose of your thread. Truth?
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

I NEED to know. If I don't have the capacity, I'll just keep on struggling. Now, the question is, is there a chance for improvement or am I always going to hit deadends and so on...?
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Ignus,

My advice is for you to find something much simpler to focus on, not philosophy. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. We all go through difficult patches.

As your current state is not in the human realms, I think you should take a holiday. Find a better way to live, doing something you really enjoy. Later, when you're in a better mental condition, you might feel like coming back.

These tips could be a start.

Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

First of all, this isn't lady like:
Ignus,
Please use "edit". Thank you.
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

Kelly Johns,
doing something you really enjoy
Like what, being a bitch?...?
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

Kel,
I am the best. No one is as good as me.
- When this has not proven to be true, she says, "I fail because people won't help me, and because they hate me."

Everyone must like me and be friendly to me.
- If this doesn't happen, she says, "I am better off alone, everyone else is a loser."

Everyone must work hard to keep me happy.
- If they don't, she has tantrums and screams about all the disasters that are going to happen.

I don't have to do anything, because I have to be happy. I am happiest when there is nothing for me to do.
- If she must work, she blames everyone else for being lazy and inefficient.

I am easily bored. I have to be entertained.
- If she is not kept well-supplied with toys, she says, "Then I will sulk, or take my revenge."

If I am dysfunctional, everyone must immediately stop what they are doing to help me become functional again.
- If people are not helpful immediately, she says, "You are all selfish, double-faced idiots."

I must look as if I am already always supremely capable at everything.
- If she doesn't look like this, she says it is because she hasn't met any high-achievers, to have their influence rub off on her.

I understand everything, and I always explain myself perfectly clearly.
- If people don't understand, then she concludes that they must be a foreigner.

I am by rights a happy person.
- If she is not happy, then she is extremely and publicly depressed, because, as she says, "It is everyone else's fault that I am not happy".

I am by rights a wealthy, successful person.
- If she is not wealthy or successful, she says, "Everyone is a bastard for not paying me my dues."

My children are beautiful, healthy, intelligent, and popular.
- If they are not, it is someone else's fault, and woe betide them.
What kind of response were you looking for?
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

You gave examples representing the irrationality of the feminine mind. So, now what?
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

Kelly,
I'm a biological female.
It's a little more then that, don't you think...
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Ignis Fatuus wrote:You gave examples representing the irrationality of the feminine mind. So, now what?
It's just a list of information that you can use or ignore.
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

I was trying to findout what she had in mind (why she posted what she did). She must have read my other posts, or googled my username and figured me for a "whatever"....Impressions can be decieving you know (same thing goes for the first thing that drops by inside your head).

I was only trying to learn and she was trying to "show off".

Don't worry, I'm also a fool.
Last edited by Ignis Fatuus on Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

I was trying to findout what she had in mind.
Yeah, and I answered that, then you seemed to not like being given the answer by anyone but the poster. Which was my mistake, I am impatient for the poster to reply.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Ignis Fatuus wrote:I was trying to findout what she had in mind. She must have read my other posts, or googled my username and figured me for a "whatever"....Impressions can be decieving you know (same thing goes for the first thing that drops by inside you head).

I was only trying to learn and she was trying to "show off".

Don't worry, I'm also a fool.
Kelly's judgmental against most people like that. Please don't let her chase you off, and just consider her to be just another poster. Just because you're new here does not make your thoughts any less valid. The validity or non-validity of your thoughts (or Kelly's, or mine, or anyone else's) are all that matter here.
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

I'm what one might call burnt-out and subsequently I feel like a complete jackass. (ugh)

[
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Ignis Fatuus wrote:I'm what one might call burnt-out and subsequently I feel like a complete jackass. (ugh)

[
Me too actually.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Ignis Fatuus wrote:Don't worry, I'm also a fool.
No shit. Kelly gave you some good advice.
Elizabeth wrote:Just because you're new here does not make your thoughts any less valid.
He's not new here. He just changes his login ID pretty often.
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Ignis,

Sorry for the misspelling.
I'm what one might call burnt-out
Didn't I see you mention somewhere you weren't getting enough sleep? No surprise if you are getting burnt-out.

I think you should take Dan's advice. It's good. Talk to a medical expert, and see where it takes you.

Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

You gave examples representing the irrationality of the feminine mind. So, now what?
It's to stimulate thought. For instance, one might think about the directions and behaviour of women, and see a pattern.

One might wonder what is underpinning that pattern.
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

Kelly,
It's to stimulate thought. For instance, one might think about the directions and behaviour of women, and see a pattern.

One might wonder what is underpinning that pattern.
Does it have anything to do with: "feeding their delusions"? For instance, when a woman (or man) act in a certain way and get rewarded, even if it's irrational, they'll be more likely to repeat their behavior (or thinking) when a similar causal situation strikes, because it worked by producing desireable effects the first time. Each time they repeat this pattern, it only gets strenghtened...

[I'm really sorry Kelly. I recently got some meds from my FD and I'm going to start taking them on Monday - I plan to stop smoking and drinking on that same day.]
Last edited by Ignis Fatuus on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imadrongo

Post by Imadrongo »

Approximately what percent of biological women do you think fit this category? How many biological men?
Kelly Jones

Post by Kelly Jones »

Ignis Fatuus wrote: they'll be more likely to repeat their behavior (or thinking) when a similar causal situation strikes, because it worked by producing desireable effects the first time. Each time they repeat this pattern, it only gets strenghtened...
This is how the pattern is made, but I'm looking for something a bit deeper. Like, what is the world-view of this voice? What is the desired effect, the biggest truth?

I recently got some meds
I hope it works out for you.
Last edited by Kelly Jones on Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imadrongo

Post by Imadrongo »

Ignis Fatuus wrote:[I'm really sorry Kelly. I recently got some meds from my FD and I'm going to start taking them on Monday - I plan to stop smoking and drinking on that same day.]
Hello Trevor Salyzyn the second.
skipair

Post by skipair »

Neil Melnyk wrote:Approximately what percent of biological women do you think fit this category? How many biological men?
Really good question. In my experience even those women with a "masculine core" (aggressive, focused agenda, control of emotions) still do not want to take responsibility for their actions when it comes to whatever they might do in fulfilling their primary addictions. They are like young teenage boys who may know better, but still cannot help but to sucumb and emotionally react in certain situations. I've never met a woman who has transcended this level. So my answer to your ultimate question would be 100% of women act like the above a certain percentage of time. And given I've never seen anyone ever claim to be close to 100% masculine/conscious before I found this board, it would be hard to say for me what % of time both men or women fit into either category. However in my experience men are less likely to fall into the above category.