The Voice of Woman

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Imadrongo

Re: The Voice of Woman

Post by Imadrongo »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:Instead, you are tripping over your shoelaces in an attempt to score a point.
Score a point where? I am not here playing point games though I can see you are here to score points with David and your other masters.
Trevor Salyzyn wrote:It is of no use for me to get worked up over your emotional outbursts.
Then why do you continue to A) mistake my posts for emotional outbursts and then B) proceed to get worked up about them?
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Shardrol,
On a complete tangent I notice that some fiction writers will have a character saying 'wimmin' rather than 'women'. This seems to be meant to indicate that the character is low-class or uneducated. I remember wondering about this when I first encountered it as a child, since the two words are pronounced the same (at least in my accent & I think most others).

The only thing I could think of is that the authors are indicating lack of education in the character by demonstrating that he (it's almost always a male character) is thinking of the word spelled the way it sounds rather than properly. Bizarre as this is, I can't think of another reasonable explanation. Unless by some chance these writers just didn't think it through.
It could be intended to make the character sound British and, perhaps (depending on the author), thereby to imply a lack of education. I can imagine an Eliza Doolittle pronouncing it that way. “Wimmin” definitely has a certain British inflection, to my mind. Both the I’s here are strict soft vowel I’s. However, when I say the word the first “I” is soft vowel, but the second is more like the Turkish “I” without the dot on the top--which is pronounced like the “e” in oven. So, you get wimen rather than wimin. To this day, my brother clearly still says “wimin.”
Between Suicides
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Neil,
I can see you are here to score points with David and your other masters.
Where do you see this?
mistake my posts for emotional outbursts
Are you certain that I am making this mistake? What is an emotional outburst?
proceed to get worked up about them?
I said, "it is of no use for me to get worked up over [them]", which implies that I am not getting worked up over your posts at all, but rather that I perceive you as getting worked up over mine. If you can find evidence to the contrary, it will need to be from a different post of mine... but the last time I recall getting worked up about anything in this forum was when I had 4 or 5 separate people attacking me for being mentally ill. It was a very uncomfortable situation.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Kelly Jones wrote:I'm a biological female.

By "the voice of woman", I meant the voice of the unconscious ego.

I wrote the above using "a man's voice" (a conscience).
Well, which is it? Are men convenient sugar daddies
or condescending oppressors?

Relo

Post by Relo »

Man's voice = Conscience.

I'm sorry, but in totallity and my numbing experiences, I don't accept that. What I do accept is that you don't appreciate the societal role that woman have possibly "bent" over for at least for the ones you grew up with and know generally as today. A man's voice, I can't say so except from your head.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Tomas wrote:

Well, which is it? Are men convenient sugar daddies
or condescending oppressors?

Tomas-

What many women do not understand, at least younger women, is that using a man as the former has a tendency to transform him into the latter, if not for them, then for subsequent women in his life. Because if a man is not a convenient sugar daddy, then he becomes inconvenient.

I find that most women scoff at the notion they might be having detrimental effects on the men they let into their lives, as if such a thing were impossible, and could only be due to some weakness on the man's part instead of to their own shortcomings. ("If he's going to buy me all these gifts, why shouldn't I take them?" "I didn't break up his marriage - if his marriage was any good in the first place, he wouldn't have wanted to go to bed with me.")

I find that most men do understand that their actions can have lasting negative effects on the women in their lives, and they just do not care.

I'm not sure which one is worse, although they are equally guilty.
average

Post by average »

I'm a biological female.

Hilarious, keep it coming sweet cheeks.