The Key to Objectivity

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
divine focus

The Key to Objectivity

Post by divine focus »

In the World of Woman thread, I spoke of self-syncing:
Internally, it's not so much a balance as it is a two-part self-syncing. The masculine and feminine need to become whole in themselves, the masculine being control/direction and the feminine judgment/acceptance.

The masculine seems to be the easier to self-sync. When its main focus is the self, it becomes directing instead of controlling. It doesn't need to align with any ideas or anything "outside," abstracted (such as culture or other people). It simply acts or doesn't act, in the best interest of self. Nothing is feared, nothing is worried about; concerns are dealt with immediately or not seen as concerns.

The feminine is tougher. To self-sync, it needs to change how it sees the self. Is the self absolute, or is it part of the infinite (the part itself possibly infinite). In self-syncing, the feminine sees the self as infinite, and so not ever fully known. It sees that to know absolutely would be to limit the infinite. Judgment of an infinite self could never be absolute, so the feminine withholds judgment. It accepts what it judges to be good for the self without judging the self or anything "outside." In self-syncing the feminine, the self does away with pride and guilt, credit and blame.
The feminine self-sync, in granting acceptance, necessarily grants "objectivity." The ability to "see" things from another point of view, to appreciate a different perspective, should be the definition of objectivity. If the All is everything, it has to be every single point of view. And if the All is the basis of objectivity, the essense of what it means to be objective, then "objectivity" must be seeing the subjective through the subjective. It must be seeing another point of view through, or within, your own perspective.

If acceptance is objectivity, judgement must be clouded vision. Objectivity must be "above" clouded vision, but also within it. Objectivity itself is the vision that is clouded. Judgement, then, is not wrong, objectively speaking. It is understood and appreciated. It creates a certain experience impossible otherwise, even if it's an experience people are now beginning to grow tired of. It creates the experience of limits.

For an infinite being, limits could be very fascinating. Absolute individuality, and absolutes in general, might be a brand new experience. After a while, though, the experience may not be so fascinating anymore. Receiving hints in many forms about its infinite-ness, the being discovers a new experience: the expansion of limits. A new joy is discovered as limits are used to "describe" the infinite through their disappearance, their disappearance being the revelation of the infinite.
eliasforum.org/digests.html
1ntel

Re: The Key to Objectivity

Post by 1ntel »

What is objectivity?

What is subjectivity?

What is the difference in terms, between these two (can I call the couple a duality)?

Why are these important?
1ntel

Post by 1ntel »

Why is Masculinity and femininity such an important issue in distinction on GF and perhaps in Philosophy in General?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Because the nature of consciousness and how it relates to one's ability to attain wisdom is important. That's what speaking about the feminine and masculine dimensions of mind is all about: consciousness and its relationship to wisdom.
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

Your breaking up the human mind into two parts, one being masculine and the other feminine? Let me guess, the more the former overpowers the latter, the greater the chance a being has of conceiving wisdom?
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

DF;
Internally, it's not so much a balance as it is a two-part self-syncing. The masculine and feminine need to become whole in themselves, the masculine being control/direction and the feminine judgment/acceptance.
IMO, since each mind posses either traits, it would be the optimal balance that could bring forth clarity of mind, were I believe, given the qualities that you mention, the optimal balance of masculinity/femininity would be 51/49 for any mind, giving it an optimal sync. However, the physicality does have tremendous physiological effects on any mentality, including their environmental exposure, which in turn affect their value system.
---------
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

What is objectivity?

What is subjectivity?

What is the difference in terms, between these two (can I call the couple a duality)?

Why are these important?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

You need a psychiatrist for ails you right now, not philosophy.
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken. I'm just trying to learn.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

I know you feel like that, and I believe that feeling may be authentic, but I am telling you that you currently lack the capacity to learn anything. You cannot even remember anything. Get your mind in order - this place is not a mental clinic! - and then come back and talk to us. I know you mean well, but you just don't have the mental control for now.
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

I have perfect recall. I just think too far ahead of myself...Sometimes.
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

Another thing may be that I haven't slept in since sometime yesterday...
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Ignis Fatuus wrote:I have perfect recall.
Yeah? Name your last 5 usernames and those that got banned.
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

I sent you a PM:p:)
Ignis Fatuus

Post by Ignis Fatuus »

What is objectivity?

What is subjectivity?

Why are these important?
divine focus

Post by divine focus »

Sapius wrote:DF;
IMO, since each mind posses either traits, it would be the optimal balance that could bring forth clarity of mind, were I believe, given the qualities that you mention, the optimal balance of masculinity/femininity would be 51/49 for any mind, giving it an optimal sync.
The masculine and feminine I'm speaking about in this case are more psychological functions than traits. It's not so much a balance of each, but a more efficient functioning. They do lend each other energy when one or the other is "self-synced," though.
eliasforum.org/digests.html
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

divine focus wrote:
Sapius wrote:DF;
IMO, since each mind posses either traits, it would be the optimal balance that could bring forth clarity of mind, were I believe, given the qualities that you mention, the optimal balance of masculinity/femininity would be 51/49 for any mind, giving it an optimal sync.
The masculine and feminine I'm speaking about in this case are more psychological functions than traits. It's not so much a balance of each, but a more efficient functioning. They do lend each other energy when one or the other is "self-synced," though.
Well, I think I’m saying the same thing essentially.

I’m looking at it purely on psychological bases too. By ‘traits’ I mean ‘property’, or ‘functions’ if you like. But what I meant by 51/49 is that just an extra grain of control/direction is needed to achieve optimal judgment/acceptance with clarity of mind intact, since each mind encompasses both, C/D and J/A functions, and of course, much more.
---------