Brilliant anti-religious rant

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Kevin Solway

Brilliant anti-religious rant

Post by Kevin Solway »

I found this marvellous rant from a radio show called "Loveline" with Adam Carolla.

Anti-religious rant

He also has some interesting views on women. For example, he has noticed that when women are trying to explain how they became hooked on heroin, they will say something like, "My boyfriend gave me a pill at at party, and told me it would make me feel good". Whereas you never hear a man say something like that. Likewise, a woman will say, "My boyfriend was a heroin addict, so I became a heroine addict."

Full audio
Gretchen

Re: Brilliant anti-religious rant

Post by Gretchen »

K: He also has some interesting views on women. For example, he has noticed that when women are trying to explain how they became hooked on heroin, they will say something like, "My boyfriend gave me a pill at at party, and told me it would make me feel good". Whereas you never hear a man say something like that. Likewise, a woman will say, "My boyfriend was a heroin addict, so I became a heroine addict."

P: It gives yet another reason for disbelieving the Adam and Eve story, doesn't it? Adam was the evil one all along...for Eve could not possibly have had enough consciousness to crave wisdom for herself.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

passthrough wrote: It gives yet another reason for disbelieving the Adam and Eve story, doesn't it? Adam was the evil one all along...for Eve could not possibly have had enough consciousness to crave wisdom for herself.
The fault was with that evil snake, the Devil, who tempted Eve into biting the apple (or popping the pill). She was of course totally innocent.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

My first impression of that bloke’s “rant” was that the storm he blew was just a-storm-in-a-teacup. Yes, he called religious people “crazy idiots”, but he also said that they could do their thing as long as they stayed out of the affairs of the world. That’s like saying, “Hey, you can keep on being insane and depraved - just don’t let me see you doing it”. Which isn’t really saying anything new at all. And look at the person he uses to drive home his point as to how crazy religious people are – Bill Clinton! Someone so obviously an idiot, this bloke’s point surely couldn’t gain anything.

But then, on second thought, his using Clinton as the example of religious people’s lack of brain and spine does make clear that he doesn’t hold any respect for the religious community – or for the general public who voted such a cretin into the top job. From all that, I understand him to be saying that anyone who is religious obviously doesn’t deserve to be part of a civilized community – and that basically they should all be wiped off the face of the planet. A sentiment I can totally agree with.

----

In summary, it is “marvellous” to hear such passionate and focused discrimination in today’s ‘everybody is equal’ wishy-washy world. Okay, I'm guessing he hasn't the passionate soul of a philosopher, but at least he is trying to raise the alarm that the boat is sinking, and is not just sitting there like most people, thinking pretty thoughts about everyone loving one another whilst the water drags them down.

Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Sue Hindmarsh wrote:My first impression of that bloke’s “rant” was that the storm he blew was just a-storm-in-a-teacup. Yes, he called religious people “crazy idiots”, but he also said that they could do their thing as long as they stayed out of the affairs of the world.
I recall that he said they should go into their churches and lock the doors. From that, I got the impression that he thought that they should never come out again. :-)
And look at the person he uses to drive home his point as to how crazy religious people are – Bill Clinton! Someone so obviously an idiot, this bloke’s point surely couldn’t gain anything.
I think he was using Bill Clinton as an example of an average person - an example of how much of a pussy, a fraud, and an idiot, the average American man is.
From all that, I understand him to be saying that anyone who is religious obviously doesn’t deserve to be part of a civilized community – and that basically they should all be wiped off the face of the planet. A sentiment I can totally agree with.

Really, I think he was railing against his whole idiotic society, and not just religion.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Kevin wrote:
Really, I think he was railing against his whole idiotic society, and not just religion.
“Idiotic” alright! Valuing as they do money, status, marriage, children, career, property, religion, possessions, and more possessions, only goes to show how extremely shallow and short sighted their American Dream really is.

But you know, I kind of feel for the Americans being told off by one of their own. They can’t really help the way they have grown-up. Ever since they were very young they’ve had people messing with their heads telling them that they were “the chosen ones” and that America was “the promised land where dreams came true”. That they grew-up to believe these fantasies, and adding to them, just shows how weak minded and weak willed they really are.

I do reckon though that other peoples on the planet that try and mimic American’s insane dream should certainly be dragged over the coals for their mindlessness. Having a different history, one that should cause them to know better, leaves them no excuse for their idiocy. I’m thinking of places like Germany, Austria and Denmark, who bore three of the greatest thinkers in recent history (Nietzsche, Weininger, and Kierkegaard). The people of these nations pride themselves on their intellectual heritage, but when it comes to their everyday lives, they just value the same things as the American’s.

Sad, but true.

Carl G

Post by Carl G »

The 'rant' is unlistenable. The vibration of the speaker is exceedingly low, his message is completely ordinary. He is an idiot of the same type he rails against. I am surprised that you Kevin, would stoop to promote this, and on the Genius Forum, no less. Not very wise. I'm also surprised that Sue has stepped on the bandwagon of this lowbrow tripe.

So easy to tear down and denigrate. So un-noble.
Good Citizen Carl
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Carl G wrote:The 'rant' is unlistenable. The vibration of the speaker is exceedingly low . . .
At first I was thinking that you had your bass turned up too high . . . :-) . . . but then I realized what you were saying.

Yes, this guy certainly has a "low vibration", as you put it. Yes, he's a bit crude, a bit rough, a bit dark, and a bit of a mess. Nevertheless I thought his words were inspired, and had some genius in them. I particularly liked the part where he criticized other radio presenters and did an impersonation of them.

But even though he has a "low vibration", I think he has a much higher vibration than, say, the Pope, or your average scientist, or virtually any businessman or any woman. So he's not so bad in my book.
ChochemV2

Post by ChochemV2 »

I certainly don't care if his message is crude, I don't care if he's put less thought into his opinions as I have because they pretty much mimic my own. The value of a message doesn't come from the person who is saying it but the message itself.

He touches on some important points such as religion in America really not caring about the clinical difficulties presented by the morning after pill and instead just wanting to control behavior. They don't care if bans on the morning after pill and bans on abortion lead to the same dangerous "back room clinics" which have taken many lives over the years, they just want everyone to conform to their moralistic standard.

He's also dead on in criticizing other hosts in the media for having watered down "pussy" shows. Jon Stewart says the exact same thing in his interview on Crossfire repeatedly accusing the hosts of not doing their jobs by playing along with the politics of Washington. When they try to turn the argument on him he rightly points out that he runs a comedy show and not a show which is supposed to have real political discourse.

Linkage
ChochemV2

Post by ChochemV2 »

In the same vein here is Frank Zappa (one of my favorite musicians) arguing against censorship on Crossfire.

linkage

My favorite part when he says America is turning into a fascist theocracy and they challenge him to prove it:

Zappa: When you have a government which prefers a certain moral code derived from a certain religion and that moral code turns into legislation to suit one certain religious point of view...
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Carl G wrote:
The 'rant' is unlistenable. The vibration of the speaker is exceedingly low, his message is completely ordinary. He is an idiot of the same type he rails against. I am surprised that you Kevin, would stoop to promote this, and on the Genius Forum, no less. Not very wise. I'm also surprised that Sue has stepped on the bandwagon of this lowbrow tripe.

So easy to tear down and denigrate. So un-noble.
On the contrary, it is extremely difficult to “tear down and denigrate” people's beautiful illusions. People hang on to them because they imagine that these illusions are in fact their ‘life’.

People, like the grating radio ranter, can sometimes shake a person out of their dreams for just long enough to allow them to see that they have been dreaming.

Anyone (for example: philosophers, comedians, and perhaps even this ranter) who are able to steal away from a person even one small illusion, is, in my books, doing a noble deed.

--
Kevin Solway

Loveline

Post by Kevin Solway »

Loveline
by Adam Carolla

Who are you kidding?
You pussy politicians
Showing up at Church
Talking about Jesus.

Are you guys high?

So busy f-ing your secretaries
And raping the rainforests
And shooting down
alternative fuel sources

You're so high
You crazy hypocrites.

Can't elect a guy
Who doesn't get seen going into Church
Every five goddamn minutes

And then he's bangin' his secretary

Clinton going to Church
. . . What religion is Clinton?
One that shoves cigars
Up the vaginas of interns?

What religion is that?

You hypocrite. You pussy hypocrite.

Who are you kidding?
Standing in front of the Church
Up on the steps Waving
to everybody

Puss.

But they're too big a puss
To admit they're not really into it.
'Cos they don't think they'll get voted in
to the office

So meanwhile
You've got a bunch of teenagers getting pregnant
And you got a bunch of technology
. . . that can't be used.

It's insane.

It's like we're Amish all of sudden.
'Cos of the religious people.

There's morning-after pills that can be used.
But . . . Oh No.
That's "voodoo".
That's "playing God"
That's "dangerous".

These are the same a-holes
That thought that if you went over a hundred miles an hour
a hundred years ago
You'd explode.

Listen You Retards

. . . Just stop it!

You want to do your thing.
Do your thing.
Go to Church
Draw the drapes
Lock the door
And do your goddamn thing.

Stop screwing up the rest of the world.

Idiots.

So
Clinton
What religion does Clinton claim to be?
Just for kicks
it'd be fun to find out
What that guy calls himself.

I don't care that he does what he does
To his interns.
I just care that he's into the religious part of his life.

He's sitting there holding hands with
Desmond Tutu
And he's bowing his head.

Are you high?

Is he kidding?

How come no-one says anything about this?
Nobody says a word.

Never heard a word about the morning-after pill
From anybody
but from right here.

What's everyone doing?
All those people
Who do talk shows and radio shows.
What are you pussies doing?

Waaa Waaa Waaa Waaa
. . . . "More traffic"
Waaa Waaa Waaa Waaa
. . . Then the Grave.

That's your life?

What's wrong with you people?
You don't want to do anything?
You got a microphone?
Waaa Waaa Waaa Waaa
. . . . "More traffic"
Waaa Waaa Waaa Waaa
. . . . "Hiney wine"
Waaa Waaa Waaa Waaa

What the hell are you pussies doing?

This is it!

Idiots.

They got a microphone
They got a camera
And they got Nothing.

Stupid, crappy, dorky jokes.
Stupid Rick Dees with his
"Hiney wine" jokes.
You retards listening to him?
Telling jokes some retard faxed in from Iowa
That's a hundred years old
Waaa Waaa Waaa Waaa
. . . . "Hiney wine"
Waaa Waaa Waaa Waaa
"Now let's go to news"
Waaa Waaa Waaa "weather"
Waaa Waaa Waaa "traffic"
Waaa Waaa Waaa

Jesus Christ
What's wrong with everybody?
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

keenobserver

Post by keenobserver »

keenobserver wrote:I recognize that name. For those outside the USA, or who dont get the comedy channel, there is a dude by that name i think, who has co-hosted THe Man Show on tv several years now.
He's a comedian though not a good one, imo. A likeable guy with sexist show, not sure if its still going. Loves his beer.

Nice to see him moving in a more productive direction.
Kevin Solway wrote:I found this marvellous rant from a radio show called "Loveline" with Adam Carolla.

[url=
Yup, sounds just him!
Drew, is a popular tv doctor here. When some talk show host needs a professional opinion, they'll call him in for 5.
Used to have a show of his own, may still. Doctor Drew.
A calm fairly intelligent fellow.
Adam, not sure if he knows it, took some risk with that rant.
In this culture that alone is enough to cost you a tv show, or at least your position as co-host.
More and more men are acting out, speaking out, etc, the femininity and men who suck up to important women, are choking quite tightly and anyone with a jot of masculinity and balls is feeling it and many have had enough.
Whether its guns or microphones, the bullshit is so widespread and effects our politics and lives so completely that people are simply loosing it.
And all those in command are doing to correct it is find ways to protect themselves, and not look for the source of the problem.
The problem is, the society is for all practical purposes completely saturated in feminine ways, femenine solutions and femenine reactions. Turn on the tv, women wall-to-wall in control, men submissive keeping their innermost thoughts to themselves, speak out and bamb, you're a gonner.
It is hard to explain what these keen eyes see, but the situation here is extreme. It has got so bad that only from feminine consciousness and ideas do come the solutions, which simply fail, fail fail. It appears to have passed the point of no return.
No one trusts anyone at all, no one bothers with kindness, only femenine men are looked to for help when the women become desperate. Everyone tells you not to trust anyone.
Several men have been put in their place publicly, lost their jobs, been doing their thing for years. News people are no longer just reporting, they are openly political. TV personalities are acting like counselors patching up relationships, acting to turn female teens gone bad around for frustrated mothers.
What a circus.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Whilst the guy's tone is obviously a tad hysterical, it's pretty hard to argue with the content of his rant.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

I notice he refers to himself as "American Genius"

http://www.adamcarolla.com/
Ataraxia

Post by Ataraxia »

A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fucking cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.-Bill Hicks

(Apologies for being so lowbrow with my first post but couldn't resist.>,>)

Great forum :-)