genius = seeker

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
clyde

genius = seeker

Post by clyde »

Ahh! Now I see, as used here: genius = seeker.

Do no harm,
clyde
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Well, no, not exactly. Strictly speaking a genius is one who has sought and found. The seeker is one who is striving for genius. Genius = one with a non-deluded relationship to Reality.
clyde

Post by clyde »

Dan;

That may be how you understand it, but there are posters here who have clearly expressed that genius desires truth.

clyde
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

That may be so. Words can have any meaning we give them - that's what makes them so useful! For me, what genius really desires its own perfection. For genius to exist at all there must already be a relationship to Truth. Consciousness desires Truth because Truth is the fulfilment of consciousness. Consciousness is in a sense incomplete without it.
Nick

Re: genius = seeker

Post by Nick »

clyde wrote:Ahh! Now I see, as used here: genius = seeker.

Do no harm,
clyde
I don't agree with this translation either. A genius consciously desires Truth which automatically means he has completed his seeking and has found that which he desires.
clyde

Post by clyde »

Are you gents serious?

Dan, what (NewAge sounding) gibberish:
Consciousness desires Truth because Truth is the fulfilment of consciousness. Consciousness is in a sense incomplete without it.
Nick, your argument is that desire automatically means the fulfillment of that desire. Really?!

clyde
Nick

Post by Nick »

If you get a taste of something delicious, do you not have the desire to swallow?
clyde

Post by clyde »

p.s: For human beings, one with a non-deluded relationship to reality is sane, not a genius.
clyde

Post by clyde »

Nick;

Sometimes, perhaps often, a taste will lead to a desire.

How does this address your contention that desire automatically means the fulfillment of that desire? Are all your desires automatically fulfilled?

clyde
Nick

Post by Nick »

Well, let me use my own experiences again as an example of why I meant. Before I ever tasted Truth I was a seeker. I was looking for something meaningful in a delusional and superficial world. Then when I got my first taste of Truth it became my desire to swallow all the Truth I can. In other words it was my new desire to live in accordance with it. The greater the genius, the easier it is for one to do so.
clyde

Post by clyde »

Nick;

I believe I do understand what you wrote and I respect your desire to live in accordance with the truth.

I think what you wrote supports the point of this thread; i.e., “genius = seeker” as your desire for “Truth” is unabated – or are you announcing that you have swallowed all the Truth?

clyde

p.s: While we may agree that a taste leads to a desire, you have not shown that desire automatically means fulfillment.
MindExpansion

Post by MindExpansion »

Absolute brilliance! I can't stress that enough *no sarcassim intended*

Nick Treklis wrote
If you get a taste of something delicious, do you not have the desire to swallow?
Fat people are like geniuses, except with geniuses it's the accummulation of knowledge from truth (not fat), therefore they go insane and have problems, because of our weaknesses.

*By weaknesses I mean- the inefficiency of our small, brittle brains using the loads of knowledge, like an over-heated engine, of sorts-Friction creats heat=energy; Body burns food,producing energy. Therefore, too much food is stored*learning* creating problems, over-burdening the fat cells(which multiply, just like neurons have been recently proven to do), too much fat causes overstressing of it's 'environment' causing problems...Can you see the same thing happening with a genius brain???

ANYWAYS- bad analogy, cake=unhealthy (dozens off reasons) 'truth' knowledge= healthy...Too what degree??

Genius can be someone to controls his maddness...

Clyde wrote
Sometimes, perhaps often, a taste will lead to a desire.

How does this address your contention that desire automatically means the fulfillment of that desire? Are all your desires automatically fulfilled?
The drive to fulfillment is the maddness. That's the differents between the regular joe and the genius; the regular joe is statisfied with a taste, the genius the 'fatty' (lol, seriously it's no joke) wants more and more...Because truth is without a finishline, it's the search, the wandering around...that counts...It uncovers secrets ....and goes on with puzzle after puzzle...

Show me an enlightened person and I'll show you a man who knows he knows nothing....It's sort of like a genius who stopped searching....

Dan wrote
Consciousness desires Truth because Truth is the fulfilment of consciousness. Consciousness is in a sense incomplete without it.
I get it...Here's a spin off: The reason for consciousness is to expand ones reality, creating a purpose that is based on truth. Lets say that truth in reality is a lie, consciousness has not acheived what it is mean (its purpose)...the reason for existence... Therefore it is unfulfilled. It also depends on what level the counsciousness is on....i'll stop there.
......................................................................................

Listen if you people don't understand my work, you better reread it and THINK!!!
Nick

Post by Nick »

clyde wrote:I think what you wrote supports the point of this thread; i.e., “genius = seeker” as your desire for “Truth” is unabated – or are you announcing that you have swallowed all the Truth?
The seeker is very crude in his almost unconscious seeking of Truth. He still has a lot of rough edges. In my opinion it wouldn't do the word Genius justice to call him that. But once the seeker becomes conscious of his desire to live according to Truth he goes through a very rapid and intense transformation of character. This is when he really begins to cultivate his genius.

clyde wrote:p.s: While we may agree that a taste leads to a desire, you have not shown that desire automatically means fulfillment.
Well I don't think that is the case.
clyde

Post by clyde »

Nick Treklis wrote:Well I don't think that is the case.
Yes, I think we can agree on that; but it is others whom you need to convince, not yourself.
MindExpansion

Post by MindExpansion »

What's wrong with my post?
Unidian

Post by Unidian »

Show me an enlightened person and I'll show you a man who knows he knows nothing....It's sort of like a genius who stopped searching....
I agree, but that view is not well-regarded here.
I live in a tub.
Nick

Post by Nick »

clyde wrote:
Nick Treklis wrote:Well I don't think that is the case.
Yes, I think we can agree on that; but it is others whom you need to convince, not yourself.
Why do I need to convince anyone of anything at all?

As for myself, I don't need any convincing on the issue.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

clyde wrote:Are you gents serious?
I am, very.
Dan, what (NewAge sounding) gibberish: "Consciousness desires Truth because Truth is the fulfilment of consciousness. Consciousness is in a sense incomplete without it."
I have no idea why you see this as either gibberish or New Agey. If we take consciousness as awareness then it is natural for consciousness to desire Truth because that represents the purest state of such awareness. If you have a competitive nature isn't your automatic desire to win and win always? I'm telling you the mind that becomes moderately conscious (in a philosophical sense) desires its own completion and that completion can only be found in Truth. It's the pinnacle of consciousness itself.
clyde

Post by clyde »

Nick;

Yes, you don’t need to convince anyone of anything at all. OK?

To review:
Nick Treklis wrote:
clyde wrote:p.s: While we may agree that a taste leads to a desire, you have not shown that desire automatically means fulfillment.
Well I don't think that is the case.
I understand that you think you have shown that “desire automatically means fulfillment,” but showing means to demonstrate or prove to another (in this case, me). I’ll accept that perhaps I’ve missed your “showing”, so I’ll ask you to explain how “desire automatically means fulfillment”. If not, that's OK too.

clyde
clyde

Post by clyde »

Dan;

Rather than debate what gibberish is, let's examine your latest post.

So, consciousness is awareness (OK), awareness has desires (Really?), and “Truth” represents the purest state of such awareness.

Does “Truth” have desires?

clyde
MindExpansion

Post by MindExpansion »

I explained everything...
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

As far as its original meaning is concerned, genius means "guardian spirit". That is pretty much how I see it as well. A genius guards the spiritual welfare of humanity from a position of authority and understanding.

-
Nick

Post by Nick »

clyde wrote:I understand that you think you have shown that “desire automatically means fulfillment,” but showing means to demonstrate or prove to another (in this case, me). I’ll accept that perhaps I’ve missed your “showing”, so I’ll ask you to explain how “desire automatically means fulfillment”. If not, that's OK too.
I don't think desire does automatically mean fulfillment, unless someone views it as such. IMO fulfillment is one of two possible outcomes of desire. The other outcome being failure to fulfill the desire.
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

A genius guards the spiritual welfare of humanity from a position of authority and understanding.
That is such a lovely concept!
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Yes, but only if humanity doesn't see it that way - i.e. is passive to perceived authority figures.