God vs. Evolution?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
AbsentMinded

God vs. Evolution?

Post by AbsentMinded »

What are your thoughts on both, or do you see God as the source behind evolution....Do you think the bible speaks of truth or is it a bunch of fables or stories made to elude people to obey the laws...
You tell me what do you think...thanks:)
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Why are you avoiding thinking for yourself? If you just wanted to read other's thoughts, you could read a book, or go over some old posts on this topic.
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

bunch of fables or stories made to elude people to obey the laws... I think I will now start to worship atoms. The Atomic Religion. Because if atoms control everything, I want to get in touch with them. Know what I mean? I think they are unhappy because they get too little thanks for anything that they do, so they torment us for laughs. We think we can manipulate them, but they rule supreme.
AbsentMinded

Post by AbsentMinded »

I do not feel worthly of maintaining an intelligent opinion of subjects which I do not know all the facts...Well its true. Books, there are so many...Why do you not want to answer the question...Same reason?:)

I have my views, but I want to hears theories of others...Like when someone reads a book they have an opinion of there own- That is what I want to hear, with back up info...Whats wrong with that?

Hunted- I do know what you mean, would you mind elaborating?
(Theres a source of energy that fuels everything...what is it God...?)

I'm one of those blocks who read a lot, but never studied...So, with my limited knowledge I want to see the knowledge of others.

If you don't want to reply, thats fine...I hope I didn't offend anyone..
Write some thing else.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Okay, I'll try again. I suggest you read all of the old threads on this board that have the term "God" in the title of the thread (maybe even run a search and read all threads with "God" mentioned anywhere in the thread). Each time you see a point that you had not thought of before, stop reading, mark your place somehow (maybe write down the time/date stamp of the post you were on, as well as the thread title), step away from the computer, and think about the point you had not thought of before. Once you feel you have thought it through well, go back to the thread and keep reading. Repeat the procedure with each new point.

Once you have completed all of the threads, think about the whole question. Form an opinion of your own, then come back to this thread and post your opinion. The board will be happy to challenge your thought by trying to pick it apart for you. This process may be frustrating, but keep your mind open to the opinions of others while not letting them do your thinking for you (some will be wrong, and others will try to feed you BS just to see if you swallow it - like Hunted did with the "Atomic Religion" line).

side note -
AbsentMinded wrote:I'm one of those blocks who read a lot, but never studied...So, with my limited knowledge I want to see the knowledge of others.
What do you mean that you are a block? What country are you from?
HUNTEDvsINVIS

Post by HUNTEDvsINVIS »

The Atomic Religion thing was obviously just a joke, don't worry!! Plus, Absent, I regard your intellect to be a little higher than THAT.