Desire...Willpower...Free Will?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Good Ego, Bad Ego

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

sevens wrote:That door leads to madness.

Novelty isn't decreasing, spirit is.
Madness is already the case, in worst case one changes just the form. It will always take unspeakable courage to overcome it.
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: A PRIORI v. A POSTERIORI

Leyla Shen wrote:
So you're saying it's your faith in your experiences and perceptions, and what you think they mean, that make you feel to be in a safe position? It's not different from 'most religions' then, they have their own set of hefty experiences and their explanations of them (faith).
Diebert, I am struggling with this issue of faith -- particularly as it has been stated here as a necessary component of the path to enlightenment through reason.

What is your position on the idea that one needs to have faith in his ability to reason?
Leyla, it isn't the question to have faith or not; I don't believe in faithless. To me the question is to have it clear for everyone and yourself where it's based on and if it's sound or not (and how would one know). The biblical "don't build your house on the sandy land" phrase comes to mind.
hyperqube

looks for the signs

Post by hyperqube »

oh no novelty is rapidly decreasing, you just need to look for the signs. big ben stopped ticking at 10:07

and the prime factors of 1007 are 19 and 53.

coincidentally the hottest day recorded up to that point was in 1953 on that date.

also the event occurred on the 147th day of the year and the edifice of big ben is 147 years old.

now, i see a pattern. do you?
sevens

Post by sevens »

The 11th letter of the alphabet is K. What do you get if you add 3 K's together?

Now, have you ever listened to 311?

If you look for patterns, you'll find them everywhere - easy as connecting dots.

This is one of the characteristics of schizophrenia.

There are pure patterns, though - seen through the lens of the heart.
hyperqube

Post by hyperqube »

wrong!!!! lol

lets have a battle of wits to determine if you can see what the lines of code running down the monitor in the matrix represent!!

fun, i have found a nemesis!
TryingToWakeUp

What's it mean to be nuts?

Post by TryingToWakeUp »

I think a being is nuts if it cannot distinguish between real and not real (when it is confused about these two).

Not trusting one's experiences or accepting delusions as reality is nuts. I think, that includes viewing the cat as real ;).
hyperqube

old battle

Post by hyperqube »

i've come across your kind on every board i've stumbled across. your next line will be a statement along the lines that numbers are arbitrary, but you see, im a master at pattern recognition.

per your exampke, KKK
Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is a term used to refer to a number of past and present fraternal organizations in the United States that have advocated white supremacy, and historically promoted Protestantism to the exclusion of other religions. It was founded by veterans of the Confederate Army in 1866.
1866 corrected for year 0 is actually 1865

breaking it down (18)(65) ==> 9 11

don't like that , try this

1866 = 2 x 3 x 311

there's your 3 11's

and one concorde crash 113 deaths, 113th space shuttle disaster.

eewwwwwwe
hyperqube

Re: CHECK

Post by hyperqube »

Leyla Shen wrote:
Survival may be is just a rule of the game that we all agreed to a long time ago, forgot about it and still trying to remember.
And why would we do such a thing? Just kinda got bored floating around up there in nothingness and thought to ourself, "Hey! I got an idea..." We likes it, Precious -- oh yes, we do!

What could possibly cause such a supreme consciousness to compartment itself so? What was it thinking?
you're close oh so close. in fact it wasn't humans who became bored but angels. having nothing to do existence for them was like that of a neuron communicating telepathically with each other. of course GOD was in another time another creation. so the brain descended into the flesh, coats of skins, and such. hey, but the material world requires alot of work to survive enter human slaves.

read genesis and tell me if you can't tell 2 different creation stories were merged.

Genesis 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

Genesis 2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

you ever wonder why there were so many different titles for god. well the translators indeed got it all wrong on this point.

elohim.eloi,lord GOD, lord , the lord, jehovah, Yahweh, etc.

the sons of god were indeed the angels who had put on coats of skins.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

you see not born of blood or flesh. merely by god calling them into existence.

pole reversal, jump cut

lights go out for god had snapped to some mischief.

Genesis 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

now what has happened. God has elevated the once human slave above the angels, yet lucifer still refused to accept god's judgement so here we find ourselves today.

death was created to allow everyone a fresh chance to determine whether to follow god or satan. you see, the first death has already occurred. the second death determines where you stand on the day of judgement.
Beingof1

Re: (O...N...E)

Post by Beingof1 »

sevens wrote:Beingof1,

Your words are verging on muddy babble.
If you have any questions as to the meaning of my words, you could try asking maybe?
There's truth hiding in there, but you need to be clear.
I agree, the answer to the meaning of existence hides itself in plain view. It is crystal clear and yet hides itself - ever wonder why?
Are you defining 'Perfection' as Reality? If so, then yes - Perfection cannot be perfect without a continous progression. But this is just another way of affirming the infinite causal flow - no way, or need to escape it - everything is already Perfect.
See there - all you had to do was focus ;)
Reality is your Self.

And, you could still expand - without yin or yang. Illumination has light, but its light blows out Duality.
Illumination is the experience of nothing being hidden and all is made known.

As to expanding without yin and yang - could you share with us the method of expansion that is without comparisons?
This would be an alternate experience than the one that already is the reality of expansion through the Ascendant. Reality exists by and through perception of comparisons, to deny this is to deny the reality that you experience. This reality is what you just described "everything is already Perfect".
After all, you just compared yourself and your thoughts through your post - and thats a good thing, it tells me you are expanding.
See how that works.
Leyla Shen

FAITH, TRUTH & ENLIGHTENMENT

Post by Leyla Shen »

Leyla, it isn't the question to have faith or not; I don't believe in faithless.
In what does the fully enlightened Buddha's faith lie?
Leyla Shen

ENFLESHMENT

Post by Leyla Shen »

you're close oh so close. in fact it wasn't humans who became bored but angels. having nothing to do existence for them was like that of a neuron communicating telepathically with each other. of course GOD was in another time another creation. so the brain descended into the flesh, coats of skins, and such.
The brain? What brain? God's brain? What is a fleshless brain? I am having trouble with this -- metaphor? Come to think of it, what the heck is an angel?
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: FAITH, TRUTH & ENLIGHTENMENT

Leyla Shen wrote:
Leyla, it isn't the question to have faith or not; I don't believe in faithless.
In what does the fully enlightened Buddha's faith lie?
As you wrote before: "as it has been stated here as a necessary component of the path to enlightenment through reason".

As for the faith of such Buddha, do you believe Buddhas die?
sevens

Beingof1

Post by sevens »

If you would like to assist others, your writing could expand.

Yes, comparisons are key to analyzation. Though, I was referring to the light that is devoid of duality - 'the perfection of Reality.'

Believe we're speaking the same language, though.

(tippin' the hat)
Leyla Shen

FAITH, TRUTH & ENLIGHTENMENT

Post by Leyla Shen »

As for the faith of such Buddha, do you believe Buddhas die?
No. I would not equate such being with a body -- nor with anything material, including time. I would not, therefore, ascribe life, death or even faith to such a being. The fully enlightened Buddha would, by way of my reasoning, have consciously transcended all these things. To me, the question now becomes: why does a fully enlightened Buddha live? And I must conclude that his faith must be derived from a reason for living.
hyperqube

why are we here

Post by hyperqube »

Alpha to Omega on the Apocalypse, Revelation, Prophecy. Eschaton is thy Destination
http://forums.hyperqubes.info/Why-are-we-here-f35.html

Alpha to Omega on the Apocalypse, Revelation, Prophecy. Eschaton is thy Destination
http://forums.hyperqubes.info/Neurons-t82.html
Beingof1

Re: Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

sevens wrote:If you would like to assist others, your writing could expand.

Yes, comparisons are key to analyzation. Though, I was referring to the light that is devoid of duality - 'the perfection of Reality.'

Believe we're speaking the same language, though.

(tippin' the hat)

tips hat in return
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Personally, I think this entire thread should be flushed down whatever toilet. Please, do not put it on The Brothel. Even 'ho's got some taste.

Down in the 'ho house, we don't pretend to discuss philosophy. Either keep your shit up here where it originates and is blessed or get rid of it. Don't kick your shit downstairs. We don't want it. Never did.

Keep your shit upstairs or get rid of it. We don't kick our bullcrap upstairs. We keep it. No choice in that but The Brothel does resent the dumping down of utter bullshit from the Enlightened Ones.

If something is bullshit, say so. It is cowardly to just flush it.

Faizi
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: FAITH, TRUTH & ENLIGHTENMENT

Leyla Shen wrote:To me, the question now becomes: why does a fully enlightened Buddha live?
Ask Faizi. She seems to know what real philosophy is about. If you can get her nose out of other peoples diapers so she can answer you.... I'm not so sure.
And I must conclude that his faith must be derived from a reason for living.
Faith springs eternal....
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Oh, forget about it. Ya'll yak on. I merely stated my honest opinion and that is just what it is -- my opinion. No need to get your panties in an uproar over it.

Please go ahead and discuss free will. That is what ya'll were discussing, isn't it?

Faizi
TryingToWakeUp

Discussing Philosophy and Taste

Post by TryingToWakeUp »

Who cares about the taste? Or for that sake discussions of philosophy for the sake of discussions? That is bullshit.

I hope, all of us have some questions that we are trying to figure out answers to and thus are sharing our opinions on the subject. Otherwise, why waste time?

Let the communication flow, be it coarse or tasteless, let's just keep it real - that's all that matters.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

So, what do you mean by "real?" How is something that is real kept?

Faizi
Lennyrizzo

Post by Lennyrizzo »

To transcend it completely.
hyperqube

faith

Post by hyperqube »

faith allows you to accept that you cannot wrap your mind around the infinite. can a goldfish understand the world outside of his bowl, likewise a human brain cannot understand the infinite. by faith we allow ourselves to accept that which cannot be reasoned. and don't think i'm talking about what is taught by the pharisees of organized religion. what's that drink from hitchhikers guide called?

The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy also mentions alcohol. It says that the best drink in existance is the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. The effects of drinking one are very like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon, wrapped around a very large gold brick - The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

the best we can do is find the synchronicity and ride the wave.

can you see the pattern here?

Notice above the variation from 147 million km to 152.5 million km over the course of a year - a 3% change

Atmospheric Pressure: 14.7 pounds per square inch at sea level. This is the measure of force exerted on objects by the weight of the air. Many times gravity and atmospheric pressure are considered one and the same thing. Actually, they are not! In fact, it is the Earth's gravitational pull on the atmosphere that gives weight to the atmosphere. The atmospheric pressure decreases above sea level, and it increases below sea level.

that the major constituent of the atmosphere is nitrogen

chemical symbol N , atomic number 7, atomic weight 14.0067, even being named after the 7th letter of the alphabet

98 million miles from the galactic center which is 7 x 14

know about hyperdimensional physics and 19.5

where 7/14 is the 195th day of the year and a decimal harmonic of 19.5. even a leap year where 7/14 falls on 196th day is

14 x 14.

these are not mere coincidences but evidence of a design. you be the judge.
Leyla Shen

THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS

Post by Leyla Shen »

`and the moral of that is: be what you would seem to be -- or, if you'd like it put more simply, never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.'

Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland
I think a being is nuts if it cannot distinguish between real and not real (when it is confused about these two).

Not trusting one's experiences or accepting delusions as reality is nuts. I think, that includes viewing the cat as real ;).
I think you are being entirely too ambiguous. Why should I deny the reality of the cat any more than the reality of a table? Because others don't share my perception?

Define precisely, if you will, delusion: real and not real.
hyperqube

Post by hyperqube »

what does this mean to you.

3 deaths apollo 1
7 deaths challenger
7 deaths columbia

3 x 7 x 7 = 147