The Unconscious

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
sevens

The Unconscious

Post by sevens »

With all this talk of understanding reality, understanding 'the self' (an essential component of reality), I have yet to hear of the significance of the unconscious mind and its manifestations. Many desire to arrive at 'ultimate reality,' while fleeing from themselves - from their essence! How would you bring clarity to 'apparent' chaos, without first learning the language of your own abstract mind? The same abstract mind that all humans share. I tell you, one must work to obtain poetic eyes! And what is reality without the synthesis of both sides of the brain? Where does the sun shine the brightest?

I think many would say that through meditation they arrive at a greater understanding of themselves. And I'd say that meditation, at least some forms of it, promotes the dissolution of delusional thinking. But, that's only half of it. A mind that can track cause and effect relationships within their own psyche and that of others and still be conscious of the interconnectedness of the two, is near indeed to 'the mind of god.'

And what of dreams? Those 'irrational fancies' that visit us after we transcend time. Couldn't it be said that dreams are only a mirrored reflection of our 'waking consciousness'? And vice versa! But, many only look through one end of the kaliedoscope! I tell you, when you come to 'Know Thyself' - life becomes much like a waking dream, where what is not learned during each circumstance during the day, for the benefit of the 'spirit/soul/self/consciousness,' is brought to light at night.

Matt Gregory

Re: The Unconscious

Post by Matt Gregory »

You should think about Reality all the time, whether you're awake, asleep, eating, walking, talking...it makes no difference what you are doing or what time it is.
sevens

Post by sevens »

Thinking good. Observing better. Breathing nice, but rarified in pure weather.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

The so-called "unconscious" is merely a subset of the overall causes of the conscious mind. Since the conscious mind is that which we actually engage and know, it is the only thing worth considering. If we knew the content of the unconscious, it wouldn't be unconscious.

Basically, I don't believe in such a thing as the "unconscious mind" Mind is conscious by its nature.

Dan Rowden
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

"Mind is conscious by its nature"

I concur

And if its nature is conscious of its own conscious, then its nature is never unconscious. ;)
Dave Toast

Post by Dave Toast »

Where does consciousness begin?
sevens

Hmm.

Post by sevens »

With two clumsy steps, you have attempted to sidestep the entire concept, and have tripped on faulty logic! I ask you, are you pure consciousness? Or better yet, is your mind omnipresent? I think not. Have you plumbed the depths of your psyche? Are you fearful of deep seas and dark forests? I assume both of you consider yourself poets, but what poet feigns interest in the psychology of dreams? - the 'mind' that produces poetic reverie, and slashing poetic insight!

To dismiss the 'unconscious nature of the human mind' with 'mind is conscious by its nature' is immature and primative. It took millions of years for the human mind to develop. Do you really believe that we're not carrying in our 'subconscious mind' (perhaps a better word choice) the imprints of that monolithic development? And that doesn't include what you aren't perceiving during your waking hours! Tell me, what force guides your dreams? Do you sleep, 'awake' - with your 'conscious nature'? You're merely proclaiming your ignorance and stubborn growth record.

And this could simply be a case of semantics.

creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Consciousness begins when your eyes first wake up in the morning or whenever you wake and they see the first thing.
sevens

Consciousness

Post by sevens »

Where does consciousness begin? With your last perception. All else is 'unconscious.' Icebergs and rabbit holes.
sevens

Post by sevens »

'Perception' = (Sense perception -> x -> Conscious Thought)

x = open algorithms of 'the unconscious mind'
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

"Mind is conscious by its nature" absolutely!
Our conscious is constant, we are never completely unconscious, not even while we sleep. Our dreaming proves this, and even though we dream just before we wake, our conscious is working beforehand, our conscious has to be constant, or we'd die. Our hearts cannot beat without conscious, our dreams cannot dream without conscious, our vital organs cannot function without conscious. How can these function unconsciously?
sevens

Post by sevens »

Don't leap around without digesting what I've written. How do you define consciousness? In this context, it is defined as: that which you are aware of, not limited to sense perception, but also encompassing intricate thought processes. When you are 'knocked unconscious,' that is no play on words. When you descend into lower frequency brain waves, you lose consciousness. You raise a valid point when you state that 'our dreams cannot dream with conscious(ness),' even though your definition is off. The unconscious mind is at work constantly. What you are aware of is what you are conscious of. So, dreams are really drawing from the vast reservoir of the Mind - the totality of your waking life.
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

You may be knocked unconscious however the brain is consciously repairing itself in its unconscious state, its not normal for the human mind to be unconscious
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Our dreams cannot dream with consciousness, is this what you're saying? This doesn't make sense. How do our dreams dream without consciousness?
sevens

Post by sevens »

Please refer to my definition of consciousness.
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

I was mistaken when I foolishly stated that our consciousness begins when we wake.

I hate sirens, they invade on peoples thoughts, like thoughtless people.

Our consciousness was formed from one consciousness, this one consciousness decided to take-on a human form. Then this consciousness became we. We were part of one consciousness, one massive energy, divided into parts to become many. We were derived from one pure consciousness.

I tolerate stupid people just so much, I read people like
a book, I see right through them, their ignorance and all.
University taught them to think, but most of them are to stupid to do that, all they do is chatter, blah blah blah blah, about what they know, because they're to stupid to talk in more ways than one. And I'm not referring to the brights minds here on the Genius forum. But, even you guys are stupid sometimes. And I must be the stupidest of all, how dare I go against educated people, well I challenge them thats how! I have respect for people individually, but I have no damn respect for authority, nor do I follow any stupid foolish individual. I don't fear any of ya, not one, I respect one though, and he knows who he is, I don't need to say. I don't agree with everything he says, but I respect him for daring to express himself in todays society, and never losing ground of what he says. He's right on!

Who's ideas are better than who's? I hate people who poisons other people's minds by throwing in undeserved comments, to imply certain individuals writings not worthy to listen to. You know what I'm talking about don't ya Dan? Do you have a degree Dan? I'm going to get one just so I learn the discipline not to slaughter you verbally speaking.

Hmmm, sometimes I think I instigate a battle of wits, but Dan thinks I'm unarmed against him, that was clever Dan, but the honest to Gods truth is, I used that very same term against someone else once, and I don't give a rats ass if you believe me or not.

And I know you will put this post in the Brothel and I couldn't care less, the main thing is, is that I wrote it.
None of ya are smart enough to see its originality!
Originality is distinguished thought, differs from mediocre-minded ? But, it bothers me not where it goes at all. Did you think that it bothers me, you put my posts in the brothel, well, it doesn't, but it does make me think that you do it deliberately just to create a reaction from me, thats interesting too, you must really like to hear my voice when I speak.

I began this post talking about consciousness, I am fully conscious I just talked on many different ideas, jumping from one to another, gee I must be a Bozo ay!
I doubt it, I'm at least aware of it.

My next publication will be in a book called Eccentrica, I'll fill the whole book and still keep talking, then I'll write a sequel to it. Something about Genius. I am going down in History as being the most profound and prolific writer there ever was! I've done everything I ever said I would do, except gone to University, I've done a pretty good job at being an autodidact and didactic!

Do you know what it feels like from my end to feel rejection from stupid people, it feels nothing anymore, I've surpassed the stupid bozo's and now I'm rejecting them, so I haven't really surpassed them at all, because I'm as stupid as they are, for lowering myself to stupidity levels. So instead of rejecting stupid people I tell them how stupid they are. Suddenly they start to intellectualize, to proof they're not stupid, are they ever stupid ay!

Here I come to nox you out Nox! Be prepared stupid!

Donna Thompson

Wild Fox Zen

w00t

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

preach it, bitch!!!11