Shaman Sage

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
sevens

Shaman Sage

Post by sevens »

Truly, it takes a highly logical imagination to develop into a sage - but, is this the end of the path? With your feet planted deep in the earth, could you enter alternate states of consciousness, at will, to uncover new truths? No 'mere ecstasy' trips here.
creativegal

Re: Shaman Sage

Post by creativegal »

Sage

Its a divine one on one spiritual walk with our Heavenly Almighty Father.
To the point you hear his divine voice speaking directly to you in your head. He instructs you because he knows you listen and that your faith can move mountains. Not everyone hears his voice, only those of great faith. Truths will be revealed to you. Patience is a virtue.

Sagess - the same applies for her
Greg Pike

Re: Shaman Sage

Post by Greg Pike »

sevens wrote:

Quote:Quote:<hr>Truly, it takes a highly logical imagination to develop into a sage - but, is this the end of the path? With your feet planted deep in the earth, <hr>

Yes, having a highly logical mind would be essential to becoming a Sage and even an exemplary philosopher(such as the QRS). Although this will not take you to completion(Buddhahood), in and of itself. A sage would normally take advantage of certain meditation or mind development practises, which develops the physiological structure of the brain in ways conducive to emotional mastery and non-attachment.

I will soon do a writeup of Ilya Prigigones work on dissipative structures and how I believe it is crucial to an understanding of what happens "below the surface" as a Sage(or any human being for that matter) develops both emotionally and physiologically in ways essential to the evolution of consciousness and Buddhahood.

Quote:Quote:<hr>could you enter alternate states of consciousness, at will, to uncover new truths? No 'mere ecstasy' trips here.<hr>

Yes, a Buddha can enter altered states of consciousness at will in the sense that he can manipulate or entrain any brainwave pattern to produce certain states of mind to perform activities which are related to his goal.

A Buddha doesn't produce altered states of consciousness to uncover "new truths" because by becoming a perfect Buddha he becomes the embodiment of the highest Truth there is to be known and doesn't need to uncover any "new truths". If a Buddha is inclined he will only use "different reasonings" to express the same Truth.

Deep meditation can certainly produce things like "divine visions", out of body experiences, endorphin trips, altered sense perception, etc. but this shouldn't be sought out as the "end result" of spiritual practise.

Greg
sevens

Post by sevens »

The shaman enters 'altered states' to uncover 'new truths' that pertain to psychological and physical maladies - within himself and others. It has been reported, through the ages, that shaman can enter another person's 'body' (through the psyche) and essentially 'do battle' with various psychological and physical ailments - utilizing the colossal power of the imagination.
creativegal

Re: **********

Post by creativegal »

Siddhartha Gautama was the original founder of Buddhism, he was an Indian mystic who began preaching after achieving supreme enlightenment at the age of 35.

Buddhism - The teaching of Buddha that life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases, and that enlightenment obtained through meditation releases one from desire, suffering and rebirth. Buddha is one who has achieved a state of perfect spiritual enlightenment in accordance with the teachings of Buddha

Buddha's teaching was derived from the Bible.

We are to give up our worldly desires and feed upon the Word of God, give up on the things that bring us worldly pleasures, deny ourselves of the things of the world. Set ourselves apart from the world. Quench our thirst with the word of God, yet God says he will give us our hearts desire.

God credits individually, according to ones work. What you reap you shall also sow.

God's ways and thoughts are different from ours. He will give us understanding in all things according to our faith.

What I am doing now is work, work for God, not denying him, no fear of speaking of his truth. We are rewarded by our riches of knowing our Lord and personal saviour. Our God paves a road, straight and narrow, only a few enter in.
It is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than to get through the gates to the Kingdom of Heaven.

My own experience with my Lord and Heavenly Father is that he brings me my hearts desire, which is my request to be used as his tool to spread his word. I may be ignorant and insignificant to everyone, but I am significant to myself and to my Heavenly Father. My Lord has given me divine visions, which I've spoken off. I see things ahead of time, since a child.

I've been thinking of giving up on all of my furnishings and family attachments and even my writing to become a bag lady,living off the streets, so I can reach the street people who don't know my Lord and heavenly Father and how good he is. I've lived with a roof over my head, and food to eat, and nice clothes to wear, now I want to know the hearts and minds of the meek and lowly - the unselfish, the caring of other humanity, the rejected, the hungry, because if my love can reach just one of these lost souls, than my time here on earth will have been worth my while. Being a friend to someone is the best thing you can do for a person. If I spend a couple of years on the street, I will have learned true humility. I would be going from a person with an aristocratic viewpoint to the mind of a street-person living on her only means of survival, her wit. To me enlightenment comes from the change of seeing something from one point of view to another, through the experience of it. These lost souls have found something most people never find in a lifetime - the love that lifted them from their despair. Perhaps these people will make me feel fit right in. Perhaps I shall never feel the pangs of rejection ever again. Because these people know what rejection is all about, so they have been enlightened to it, and choose not to reject others themselves. Perhaps my existence will be worth it. Love dwells in caring hearts. And a one time I thought myself better than these people, turned my nose up, thinking my shit don't stink. I now know I am not. They are more fortunate than all of us, they differ in that they survived without! This is enlightenment!