Greatest thing of all

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
creativegal

Re: Greatest thing of all

Post by creativegal »

You're clever Dan
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Can someone volunteer to me what you mean by this 'I' attachment you're referring to?

How would me speak if me left out me i?

Ok, i get it, i see the dependancy, please elaborate more, ThankYou
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Diebert van Rhijn

You're an acceptionally smart man, would you mind explaining to me in your own educated way - I've heard all this before, here on the forum, oops I mean the genius-l but I would like to hear it again. Is it possible for a delusional thinker to be correct? Is everyone afflicted with delusional thinking?
Can a delusional thinker come to the realization his thinking is delusional? Could you or anyone explain once again to me, what exactly is delusional thinking?

ThankYou
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Quote:Quote:<hr>Can someone volunteer to me what you mean by this 'I' attachment you're referring to?

How would me speak if me left out me i?<hr>
It can be an excellent exercise - both in speech and in writing - to avoid using "me" and "I". In the course of a day, you will see how many times you refer to yourself - and you may come to see how little you acually talk about anything else.

If you keep it up, you might start to realize that "I" is a convenient grammatical construct - but not a necessary one. In fact, it is misleading, because it tends to reify. The "I" is an abstract concept, not a physical reality.

Quote:Quote:<hr>Is it possible for a delusional thinker to be correct?<hr> If the thought is correct, then the thought is not delusional.
rwill9955

Post by rwill9955 »

David,
Stop playing games. A value judgement is no substitute for the process of doing things for the sake of living.

It is called in Chinese " Wu Wei Wu ", i.e. to do without doing. The Tai Chi masters know it, and use it when making their sword play and weapons 'dances'.

Until you cut the bull and get to the core of existance by cleaving to what HAS to be done, you will be as sociologically meaningless as a drunk sitting in the path of a two ton truck on a free way about ready to kill you.

You can chant your mantras and your delusions all you want, but untill you connect with casuality as the physical universe dictates it, you will be setting yourself up to be a cosmic road kill.
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

Quote:Quote:<hr>until you connect with casuality as the physical universe dictates it<hr>

In fact it is not possible to do other than what the physical universe dictates, so your statement is meaningless.

You are clearly valuing "connecting with causality" as opposed to not connecting with it, so you shouldn't have a problem with value judgements.
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Is David stopping what has to be done?

Who ya really talking to?

You think snuffing someone out is the answer?

I would come back and haunt the life out of ya!
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Why should anyone just accept what the physical universe dictates? Especially if it appears wrong. What, does opposition threaten you?

David is not delusional, why don't you steer your thoughts where you really want to steer them?

I know its me you guys don't want around, so I'll fuck off instead of getting snuffed off. My granddaughter loves me, she shouldn't have to pay the price of my questioning mind.

You guys just continue brainwashing each other, thats what separates me from you, my intuition tells me the answers.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

rwill wrote:

Quote:Quote:<hr>David,
Stop playing games. A value judgement is no substitute for the process of doing things for the sake of living.

It is called in Chinese " Wu Wei Wu ", i.e. to do without doing. The Tai Chi masters know it, and use it when making their sword play and weapons 'dances'.<hr>Is this something you've read?

Quote:Quote:<hr>Until you cut the bull and get to the core of existance by cleaving to what HAS to be done, you will be as sociologically meaningless as a drunk sitting in the path of a two ton truck on a free way about ready to kill you.<hr> So what, in your view, HAS to be done?

Quote:Quote:<hr>You can chant your mantras and your delusions all you want, but untill you connect with casuality as the physical universe dictates it, you will be setting yourself up to be a cosmic road kill.<hr> On what basis are you making these judgments?
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

David is opposing something

I see what I see

The only thing that has to be done is I have to shut-up more and listen