Greatest thing of all

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
creativegal

Re: Greatest thing of all

Post by creativegal »

David

"If you had a choice of the solitary path of experiencing
the highest understanding of Reality and leading a communal life of great emotional happiness, which would you choose"

My own understanding of Reality is self-knowledge, knowing who I am, this is my reality. I have come to know who I am through my solitude, in which I have found great emotional happiness. Through finding this self-happiness, I have also found that I can be happy anywhere. Have you noticed when you find someone truly happy in life, you want to be around them. People naturally want to be around me. Just from the honesty of my being, whether it is bitchy or not.

Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Donna wrote:

Quote:Quote:<hr> Have you noticed when you find someone truly happy in life, you want to be around them.<hr>

Ah, no. Usuallly people like that make me want to run away. They repulse me. Give me a person stricken with consciousness based melancholy any day.

Dan Rowden
Walking Carcass

Post by Walking Carcass »

Quote:Quote:<hr>To want emotional happiness is to want insanity, given that such a thing is based in delusion. <hr>

Hmmm. Is there a difference between *wanting* happiness and *being* happy? Edited by: Walking Carcass at: 6/14/05 5:29
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

One is merely a prelude to the other. Of course, the person who desires happiness does so out of ignorance of its true nature.

To want to remain ignorant seems pretty insane as well.

Dan Rowden
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Sapius wrote:

Quote:Quote:<hr> DQ: If you had a choice between the solitary path of experiencing the highest understanding of Reality and leading a communal life of great emotional happiness, which would you choose?

S: What difference would that make? Objectively speaking of course. <hr> Objectvely speaking, if people chose the former path, there would be less ignorance and emotional attachment in the world and thus less violence and misery. Sanity would finally be given the chance to gain the upper hand.
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

David wrote:
Quote:Quote:<hr>Objectvely speaking, if people chose the former path, there would be less ignorance and emotional attachment in the world and thus less violence and misery. Sanity would finally be given the chance to gain the upper hand.<hr>

Yes,that would be a wonderful world..... some day.

Quote:Quote:<hr>If you had a choice between the solitary path of experiencing the highest understanding of Reality and leading a communal life of great emotional happiness, which would you choose?<hr>

Given the choice, although I'm not sure if I would be actually choosing it, I think I would go for the great emotional joy and happiness found in the solitary path of experiencing the highest understanding of Reality.

Any comments, David?

creativegal

Post by creativegal »

The highest understanding of Reality is knowing YOURSELF!

And thats the greatest thing of all!

Emotional happiness comes from knowing who YOU ARE! What makes you tick, what confuses you, what makes you happy, sad,angry, emotional stability brings self happiness.

I've lived a life of reclusiveness since childhood, I prefer my solitary life to having attachments. I am emotionally happy from what I believe is pampering myself, loving who I am, understanding what I'm all about, this has given me the love inside to love others. Call me a narcissus if it pleases you. I call it emotional happiness. I have knowing myself to be happy about.
I am an example

I could go on and on, but I won't, I'm sure there's opposition all around, just waiting to pounce on sensibility.

Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Creativegal, no pounding intended but can we just test how far this self-knowledge of yours goes? So as to be able to value the relevance of your conclusions better.
Quote:Quote:<hr>I've lived a life of reclusiveness since childhood, I prefer my solitary life to having attachments.<hr>
You seem to be saying here you're attached to your solitary life, one that was more born out of character (narcissus! there I've said it) than the result of discovery and incompatibility that grew out of an evolving understanding.

Have you considered the idea that in your case philosophy might be used as another pamper, to keep yourself in your preferred state, detached from the social? Like a dressing perhaps.

The question would be here: did you ever have any phase of utter suspicion? A nagging suspicion that your bubble might be carefully conceived and maintained to keep the biggest attachments intact? This is where philosophy really kicks in normally and uproots peace and happiness. This is why I ask.
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Diebert van Rhijn

You have an advantage over me, you know I am female, I don't know your gender, but this makes no difference to me in answering your post.

Now you got me thinking Diebert, I spent some time studying what you've said.

"You seem to be saying here you're attached to your solitary life, one that was born out of character, (narsisus! there I said it) than the result of discovery and incompatibility that grew out of evolving understanding"

I think when it comes right down to it, its based on whats most natural. My solitary life is not just a preferance, its a natural tendency towards being alone. We can philosophize all we want, but I believe this to be true. It started from very early age. My understanding comes to me intuitively. I'm attached to my preferred solitary life-me and God.
I'm also attached to my (preferred limited) social life. Through the love of myself I've allowed myself to experience what life has offered, and have come to many understandings, and through finding the love of myself I understand others intuitively.

"Have you considered the idea that in your case philosophy might be used as another pamper, to keep yourself in your preferred state, detached from the social? Like a dressing perhaps"

Yes, I have considered this, like a bandage absolutely.
But, I have dismissed this thought, something extremely drastic or bizzare would have had to take place to have such an impact on my reclusive tendencies. My reclusiveness lives inside my head, its natural, I do have ability to socialize with anyone, even the most elite, however, I live within, I listen to my intuitive voice, which speaks to me, and keeps me from straying off the path of righteousness, my preferance is solitary. I become angry, seldom, but its a righteous anger.

"The question would be here: Did you ever have any phase of utter suspicion? A nagging suspicion that your bubble might be carefully conceived and maintained to keep the biggest attachments intact? This is where philosophy really kicks in normally and uproots peace and happiness.
This is why I ask"

Ask me this same question in another way, I want to be sure I can answer this properly. I basically know what you're saying, however, same with above, your wording fools me a bit.
Diebert van Rhijn

Donna Thompson (creativegal),Quote:Quote:<hr>You have an advantage over me, you know I am female, I don't know your gender<hr>
Not sure where my advantage lies exactly, since you state you experience no disadvantage ('not making a difference in answering') not knowing my gender. It's not a secret though; I'm male. But then again, on the Internet everyone can claim everything. Where is exactly the advantage then?
Quote:Quote:<hr>I think when it comes right down to it, its based on whats most natural (...) My understanding comes to me intuitively<hr>
You mean truth and reason is something people naturally gravitate toward? Or only in your case? In general nature seems to function way happier in states of deception and unawareness. Could you be more specific what you mean with intuitive?
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Diebert van Rhijn

We won't go into the advantage thing, it was a thought I'd rather just let go by.

"You mean truth and reason is something people naturally gravitate toward? Or only in your case? In general nature seems to function way happier in states of deception and unawareness"

Some people don't care about truth and reason, nor can they speak truth or reason. The truth is we don't know where we come from. Each one of us is the truth, and we are living our own individual truth. It is of our own makings of the extent of happiness we live.

"Could you be more specific what you mean with intuitive"

Yes, I simply rely on my first thought on any subject. Intuitively, I know answers, without learning anything.
Its as though I have a natural understanding of things intuitively. Thoughts of accuracy are my first thoughts on a subject.
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Emotional happiness is succeeded by pacifying my need for solitude. During my solitude I have discovered my identity, and learned her - her truth - her reality.
The Greatest thing of all!
Diebert van Rhijn

Creativegal,Quote:Quote:<hr>
We won't go into the advantage thing, it was a thought I'd rather just let go by.<hr>
Sure, I only asked in case the perceived advantage was an example of your intuition.
Quote:Quote:<hr> Thoughts of accuracy are my first thoughts on a subject.<hr>
How do you in general validate this accuracy? Not by intuition again I suppose.
Quote:Quote:<hr>Emotional happiness is succeeded by pacifying my need for solitude<hr>
No one would argue this is way better than suffering in some social attachment, living as a slave to craving passions or in the darkness of delusion and madness.

In the end it's still a conditioning though with a sense of pride and accomplishment attached to it or at least a general contentment. But at the moment you'd desire to aim for something higher without a need for emotional happiness to go with it, velvet chains will reveal themselves as the heavy weights they are. You might not have the drive to go the path I'm hinting at though, which appears to be hard to even envision for people but especially women. (Hey, you asked for it with your gender remark :-)
cdpreston

Post by cdpreston »

What exactly is emotional happiness? Doesn't emotional happiness imply an attachment to I?

btw Hi all, it's Silentsal, with the wipe I had to re-register. Enjoying (or should I say appreciating) the discussions.
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Hello Diebert van Rhijn

Women are showing themselves to be as good as or better than men in leading executive positions, there are more millionaire women than there are men. At one time women were looked down upon, not given rights. Women have come a long way breaking from the dictations of the male gender.

Our world is separated by Religion - Bible believers.
Man is the head of the household, thus God would have had to have created man to have the intellect to rule his kingdom with the authority of God behind him. Women are naturally inclined to listen to what makes sense, men have this natural ability of sensibility. They go hand in hand. And the women with insight into rearing the children and domestic household. The one who rules is the one to be listened to.

Our other half of the world is so dysfunctional with filth and corruption it really is pathetic, so much confusion, drugs, bad-ass shit going down, its a continuos satanic struggle.

Emotional happiness is succeeded by pacifying my need for my solitude.

"In the end it's still a conditioning though with a sense of pride and accomplishment attached to it or at least a general contentment"

I whole heartedly agree!

Thoughts of accuracy are my first thoughts on a subject

"How do you in general validate this accuracy" Not by intuition again I suppose.

That is an excellent question Diebert van Rhijn and since you are such a smart man, it is my pleasure to answer you in the best of my ability.

If something makes sense to me, I naturally validate it as something I am naturally comfortable with. Intuitive is a natural knowing, without knowing how. Like a God or Alien responsible for data input into our brains, but why?

I was an idiot savant who has broke through the barriers of idiocy and gained a high I.Q through my diligent efforts in the writing and reading field. Idiot savants cannot read or write. The difference between idiot savant and genius is that idiot savants have an I.Q of 25, whereas the genius has 160 or above. The idiot savant knows answers accurately and intuitively without learning them. They create masterpieces of work in music without ever hearing it, or hearing it only once.
Both the Genius and idiot savant are highly creative effortlessly.
Edited by: creativegal at: 6/20/05 10:31
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

If there were a BUTT Genius, I'd be the biggest ASS of all genius!

The fool of fools

The Idiot of Idiocy

The moral is when you're an Idiot - Be the Wisest Idiot!
cdpreston

Post by cdpreston »

ok I am confused.

You say you were an "Idiot Savant" who gained a high IQ through writing and reading, then you say "Idiot Savants cannot read or write.

So you only thought you were an "Idiot Savant"?

Quote:Quote:<hr>Women are naturally inclined to listen to what makes sense<hr>

What do you base this statement on? I think woman are naturally inclined to listen to what makes sense in relation to themselves, that is they listen to what validates, not necessarily what makes sense.

Quote:Quote:<hr>If something makes sense to me, I naturally validate it as something I am naturally comfortable with.<hr>

The qualifyer (makes sense to me) is the crux of the issue, if you're still attached to "I" then everything you look at is clouded by your attachment, so making sense to me may in fact have no basis in logic or sense. If you're able to loose this attachment you have a chance to see what makes sense period.
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

Emotional happiness is succeeded by your pacifying your own need. ;)
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

What makes sense to me is validated, by my own intuitiveness, that my thought is indeed sensible.

CdPreston, you don't make any sense to me, you admitted yourself you're confused!
creativegal

Post by creativegal »

If you'd been reading correctly you would have seen what I said, which was, "I WAS an idiot savant who has broken through the BARRIERS of idiocy and gained a high I.Q through my diligent efforts in the writing and reading field"

Putting aside the savant you appear to be the idiot

If you wish further brow beating I'll be happy to oblige

Edited by: creativegal at: 6/20/05 13:43
cdpreston

Post by cdpreston »

Quote:Quote:<hr>I was an idiot savant who has broke through the barriers of idiocy and gained a high I.Q through my diligent efforts in the writing and reading field. Idiot savants cannot read or write.<hr>

If I take your last statement as true, then either you were never an Idiot savant, or your statement is false. If I can question the validity of this statement, it puts everything you say in question.

This combined with the irrational behavior exibited elsewhere I can say that you appear to have proven my earlier statement. What makes sense to you has no basis in logic or sense.

It's all fun an games till someone tries to poke your "I" out.

creativegal

Post by creativegal »

If I was never an idiot savant, than I am a savant!
A Genius one!

People are so trivial-minded, so pee-brained, so jeolous of someone else's progress. Poor pathetic fools.

Lets get into a battle of wits, and see who outwits who, without using education as a back-up.
Diebert van Rhijn

Creativegal,Quote:Quote:<hr>I was an idiot savant who has broke through the barriers of idiocy and gained a high I.Q through my diligent efforts in the writing and reading field. <hr>
In that case you might want to read more about the science behind IQ testing. Some tests might measure certain mental capacity but it's not related to reason as discussed in this forum. Extreme IQ might be an advantage at the initial stages of rational inquiry but at the same time it can be a huge show stopper, often later on when attachments need to be released. The capacities for reasoning can just as easily be used to pierce through delusions as it can be used to create new intricate and more tricky ones.
Quote:Quote:<hr>The idiot savant knows answers accurately and intuitively without learning them.<hr>Just like your 'genius' they have a different way of dealing with their perceptions and knowledge, often with strong parallel working associative skills which can intuit an answer in no time. They often have specialties though, strong in some areas, exceptionally weak in others.

The tragic downside is that in isolation they often get more and more detached from criticism and any self-criticism, and will be in desperate need to inflate their ego as to compensate for the rejection or correction they keep on fearing.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Silentsal asked:

Quote:Quote:<hr>Doesn't emotional happiness imply an attachment to I?<hr>

Exactly, and not just a simple attachment but a serious dependence on it, which is why I characterised it as ignorant and insane.

Dan Rowden
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Donna wrote:

Quote:Quote:<hr>Lets get into a battle of wits...<hr>

I'm not sure it's really fair to go to battle against an unarmed opponent ;)

Dan Rowden