Evil is as evil does -- My Cult

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
millipodium

Evil is as evil does -- My Cult

Post by millipodium »

My cult defines evil operationally as that which uses the following to achieve it's ends.

Elitism
Deception
Dehumanization
Intimidation

Avoid these, and you're doing well.

Identify these in others and you've generally found an evil bastard, trying to pull a fast one.
bert

Re: Evil is as evil does -- My Cult

Post by bert »

millipodium wrote:My cult defines evil operationally as that which uses the following to achieve it's ends.

Elitism
Deception
Dehumanization
Intimidation

Identify these in others and you've generally found an evil bastard, trying to pull a fast one.
that sounds pretty easy isn't it?
as a start ,my question:
how do you recognize your own part in things?
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

bert wrote:
millipodium wrote:My cult defines evil operationally as that which uses the following to achieve it's ends.

Elitism
Deception
Dehumanization
Intimidation

that sounds pretty easy isn't it?
as a start ,my question:
Self analysis. We all tend to think we're better, so elitism is kind of hard to shake, but when you stop subjecting your conclusions to the criticisms of others and simply write them off as "stupid" or "uneducated" instead of listening, you're heading in the wrong direction. It doesn't mean you can never be better at certain things though.

And if you have to LIE to someone because you feel it's necessitated by their stupidity, you may just be evil. So as you can see, all these concepts are related. Elitism leading to dehumanization, and deception, and finally, intimidation, the tactic used when the elitist monster feels it all falling apart and starts getting desperate. This is equivalent to when the "you're an anti-semite" stuff starts, in the case of rationally discussing anything related to jews.
SasQuatch9585

Post by SasQuatch9585 »

millipodium wrote:
My cult defines evil operationally as that which uses the following to achieve it's ends.

Elitism
Deception
Dehumanization
Intimidation

bert:
Most of the time the things that anoy us about other people are things that we are unhappy with about ourselves. That is how we recognize it. So seeing it reflected back at us drives us up the wall.

The next time you notice someone doing something evil or uncool stop hating them for it and start asking yourself, "So, do I do that kind of thing?" Honestly examining my own actions and thoughts without fear of what I'd discover was absolutely critical in unraveling my psycology. There is no need to fear that you might discover you're a bastard (you probably have an idea of it already, in some way). You'll then be able to change it.

Further, identifying things you don't like about yourself leads to introspection as to why you became such a person. Understanding your machine gives you the ability to rebuild it to your ideal (or to begin doing so, anyway).
Insecurity is the root of evil
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

SasQuatch9585 wrote:
millipodium wrote:

Elitism
Deception
Dehumanization
Intimidation

bert:
Most of the time the things that anoy us about other people are things that we are unhappy with about ourselves. That is how we recognize it. So seeing it reflected back at us drives us up the wall.

The next time you notice someone doing something evil or uncool stop hating them for it and start asking yourself, "So, do I do that kind of thing?" Honestly examining my own actions and thoughts without fear of what I'd discover was absolutely critical in unraveling my psycology. There is no need to fear that you might discover you're a bastard (you probably have an idea of it already, in some way). You'll then be able to change it.

Further, identifying things you don't like about yourself leads to introspection as to why you became such a person. Understanding your machine gives you the ability to rebuild it to your ideal (or to begin doing so, anyway).
Of course we should look at ourselves, but calling others on their evil bullshit is helpful to that person and society as well. Judgement is good.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Milli wrote:
We all tend to think we're better, so elitism is kind of hard to shake
Did you write this before we went into the difference between elitism and thinking your superior?

Regarding yourself as superior (in a context) is different from elitism.

I think that when you first came on this forum, Milli, you were someone who never really contemplated the difference between the two.

Therefore, whenever you disliked someones point of view, you called them evil and stupid. You asserted your superiority, and thus became defined as a hypocrite.

You even went so far as to blatantly say that I was inferrior to you.

So I guess you've must have grown a bit via the communication that has taken place between you and various members of this forum. You've become a bit more aware. A bit wiser.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Patrick wrote:Milli wrote:
We all tend to think we're better, so elitism is kind of hard to shake
Did you write this before we went into the difference between elitism and thinking your superior?

Regarding yourself as superior (in a context) is different from elitism.
I agree.

I think that when you first came on this forum, Milli, you were someone who never really contemplated the difference between the two.
Elitism is when you feel you no longer have to explain yourself. OR when you feel entitled to control others, even in the face of your own wrongness.
Therefore, whenever you disliked someones point of view, you called them evil and stupid. You asserted your superiority, and thus became defined as a hypocrite.
You're stupid because of your buy in to post modern irrationality. It makes one stupid. I'm superior because my ideas are better. I'm NOT an elitist, because I will always take the time to explain to you why you're wrong, and because I don't feel it's my birth right to rule the world.

You even went so far as to blatantly say that I was inferrior to you.
YEs. Well. That is clear.

So I guess you've must have grown a bit via the communication that has taken place between you and various members of this forum. You've become a bit more aware. A bit wiser.
Bad conlusion. See above refutations of your premisi.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Milli,

Milli: We all tend to think we're better, so elitism is kind of hard to shake
this comment simply equates 'regarding oneself as superior' = elitism.

You have become more careful with your language since then, perhaps due to some communication since your inception on this board.

Milli: I'm NOT an elitist, because I will always take the time to explain to you why you're wrong
Well, the first time I ever dealt with you Milli was on the U.G Krish/ Genetic degradation thread. Your behavior on that thread didnt reveal a person who was eager to explain to others why they were wrong, but rather, your behavior revealed a person who was eager to insult people, call them names, and condemn them. I never seen any calm, logical attempts to explain the truth.

On my 'illusions of ideals' thread, your disparaging remarks continued. There was hardly any attempt to explain yourself.

However, I am for the most part enjoying your pressence on 'the hard line' thread.

I encourage you to keep up the good work on that thread.

Milli: I am not elitist because I don't feel it's my birth right to rule the world.
What have I said that indicates that I am someone who thinks it is his birth right to rule the world?

I think you came to some hasty judgements due to your becoming consumed by appearances.

Perhaps I am not really what I originally appeared to be to you when you first came on this board milli.

Perhaps I still appear to you as an enemy. That is fine, I dont mind.

I encourage you to continue our dialog over in the worldly matters thread.

I am learning alot from you.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Patrick wrote:Milli,

Milli: We all tend to think we're better, so elitism is kind of hard to shake
this comment simply equates 'regarding oneself as superior' = elitism.

You have become more careful with your language since then, perhaps due to some communication since your inception on this board.

Milli: I'm NOT an elitist, because I will always take the time to explain to you why you're wrong
Well, the first time I ever dealt with you Milli was on the U.G Krish/ Genetic degradation thread. Your behavior on that thread didnt reveal a person who was eager to explain to others why they were wrong, but rather, your behavior revealed a person who was eager to insult people, call them names, and condemn them. I never seen any calm, logical attempts to explain the truth.

On my 'illusions of ideals' thread, your disparaging remarks continued. There was hardly any attempt to explain yourself.

However, I am for the most part enjoying your pressence on 'the hard line' thread.

I encourage you to keep up the good work on that thread.

Milli: I am not elitist because I don't feel it's my birth right to rule the world.
What have I said that indicates that I am someone who thinks it is his birth right to rule the world?

I think you came to some hasty judgements due to your becoming consumed by appearances.

Perhaps I am not really what I originally appeared to be to you when you first came on this board milli.

Perhaps I still appear to you as an enemy. That is fine, I dont mind.

I encourage you to continue our dialog over in the worldly matters thread.

I am learning alot from you.
When will you stop whining and complaining?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Hey, your cult sounds just like the opposite of the one I just joined. Time for a holy war! My cult uses the following to achieve its roundabounds.

Elitism: people differ in all aspects, and the wise men differ even more significantly. The enlightened ones are the elite and all others, since they don't even know what reality actually is, are dangerously deluded and should at least try to listen to the elite and make sure they are cared for so they have time to instruct the ones still slaving.

Deception: reality as we experience is a matter of deception. Unless one is enlightened, it cannot be helped, so we have to work with deceptions when spreading the cult message.

Dehumanization: We have to become post-human. What else are humans good for if it's not what could grow out of it?

Intimidation: anyone deceived by appearances will feel intimated when looking upon someone from the dehumanized elite.

Embrace these, and you're doing well.

Identify these in others and you've generally found a spiritual teacher, trying to pull something from ya.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
Hey, your cult sounds just like the opposite of the one I just joined. Time for a holy war! My cult uses the following to achieve its roundabounds.

Elitism: people differ in all aspects, and the wise men differ even more significantly. The enlightened ones are the elite and all others, since they don't even know what reality actually is, are dangerously deluded and should at least try to listen to the elite and make sure they are cared for so they have time to instruct the ones still slaving.

Deception: reality as we experience is a matter of deception. Unless one is enlightened, it cannot be helped, so we have to work with deceptions when spreading the cult message.

Dehumanization: We have to become post-human. What else are humans good for if it's not what could grow out of it?

Intimidation: anyone deceived by appearances will feel intimated when looking upon someone from the dehumanized elite.

Embrace these, and you're doing well.

Identify these in others and you've generally found a spiritual teacher, trying to pull something from ya.
Yes. My cult was invented as a response to elitists using psychological and physical warfare to achieve their ends.
SasQuatch9585

Post by SasQuatch9585 »

Millipodium:
Of course we should look at ourselves, but calling others on their evil bullshit is helpful to that person and society as well. Judgement is good.
Pointing out someone's flaws is only benificial to that person if they are open to accepting criticism and look into themselves. Most often in my experience people are unwilling to do so, because doing so would require them to admit that they're not just fine the way they are. Especially if the critique carries arrogance with it. People will just hear the arrogance and reject it wholly without examining your observations for truth.

Secondly, whether something is evil or good is often an opinion (though I suppose the evil you're refering to is beyond such objectivity, at least in your mind). We must remind ourselves that we do not understand another's motivations before we lay on them (or their actions) the judgement of evil or good.
SasQuatch9585

Post by SasQuatch9585 »

Diebert:
My cult uses the following to achieve its roundabounds.

The wise should know that they don't know what reality is either. Only that it is not what they had once taken it for. The wise are also quite capable of caring for themselves while making time to discuss their ideas with others.

I submit to you that if you believe your new concept of reality is actually reality, you're just as deluded as the rest. Seeing things differently doesn't necessarily mean seeing them correctly. Further, if you believe having a newer concept of reality puts you above others, and that they should serve and care for you, your journey is not complete (and by this I do not mean to imply that mine is).

You are still using the primal pack mentality to establish a pecking order, and taking pride in your possision therein because you have subjugated those below you as simpler, less important beings, and because they look up to you (as though what others think of you has anything to do with who you really are).

This desire to place yourself above others is rooted in insecurity (as most everything about the pack mentality, and therefore the human condition, is). You needn't display your power (or wisdom), or have others recognize it, for it to exist. The only reason to make the display is so others will recognize it and place you higher in the pecking order. Neither does their recognition of such make it true.

A thousand people can tell a man he's wise, but that doesn't make it true (Jonestown). Most people mistake cleverness for wisdom. The same thousand can tell someone they're foolish, stupid, or crazy. All of this is their opinion of things, and not a reflection of truth, only their interpretation of truth.
Reality as we experience it is a matter of ignorance. Deception implies an intent to hide the truth, but reality is not hiding from us. We are simply unable to percieve it acurately. Your senses are not lying to you. They are just drastically limited to a tiny piece of what's going on in the universe, so we are ignorant of the rest. The illusion we experience in response to reality could be described as a metaphor. An aproximation of reality based on our limited senses. It is metaphor we must use when spreading the message.
With that I totally agree, but becoming more than human is not dehumanization. I believe what Millipodium meant by it was the degredation of one's self worth, to believe they are less than human or to make them feel less than human, and to exploit that belief. (ie. Nazi Germany, slavery, racism)
Yes, people may feel intimidated by the wise, but to use it, to encourage it in others is definately uncool in my view. The wise will recognize that they feel intimidated and do what they can to put them at ease, always trying to disolve the idea that one person is above another. Wisdom does not make one superior. Wisdom absolves you of the need to feel superior.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

SasQuatch9585 wrote:
Millipodium:
Pointing out someone's flaws is only benificial to that person if they are open to accepting criticism and look into themselves.
Perhaps they will turn to self analysis only after several occurences of harsh critic. Sometimes inspiring the "not ok" feeling, is good if your fight evil as operationally defined as elitism justifying deception, dehumanization of others, and intimidation when the dehumanized start to assert their rights.
Most often in my experience people are unwilling to do so, because doing so would require them to admit that they're not just fine the way they are.
"Tough titty", said the kitty, "but the milk's still good."

Especially if the critique carries arrogance with it. People will just hear the arrogance and reject it wholly without examining your observations for truth.
Then they're missing out. I haven't the time or inclination to talk like a pussy.

Secondly, whether something is evil or good is often an opinion (though I suppose the evil you're refering to is beyond such objectivity, at least in your mind). We must remind ourselves that we do not understand another's motivations before we lay on them (or their actions) the judgement of evil or good.
Motivations are all the same, self sustenance, maintenance of power, ego protection. Maladapted individuals in whom these triggers rest on an overly sensitive sensory pad, need to get over themselves, and analyze WHAT THEY DO TO OTHERS due to their heightened emotional state of narcicisstic rage.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

dupe
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Hello SasQuatch,
SasQuatch9585 wrote:The wise should know that they don't know what reality is either.
Lets just say the wisest knows enough.
I submit to you that if you believe your new concept of reality is actually reality, you're just as deluded as the rest.
Since one of the first steps is understanding with utmost and undeniable clarity the difference between concepts and reality, or between any set of experiences and reality, this delusion won't fool the wise. This understanding goes beyond even conceptualization since it only can actualize in the whole of action, thought and being. It stops being mere understanding here but can still trickle down into mental activities, including concepts that can point to this 'moon'.
Further, if you believe having a newer concept of reality puts you above others, and that they should serve and care for you, your journey is not complete (and by this I do not mean to imply that mine is).
Yes, but the whole universe cannot help but serve and care for the one whose journey is complete. The wise might not need it but the unwise might learn by at least acknowledging the pecking order.
You are still using the primal pack mentality to establish a pecking order, and taking pride in your possession therein because you have subjugated those below you as simpler, less important beings, and because they look up to you (as though what others think of you has anything to do with who you really are).
Often order is just that: an order. When a dolphin catches a squid, will he feel superior? I doubt it.
This desire to place yourself above others is rooted in insecurity
But a desire to leave the 'other' behind and grow beyond their confines is rooted in the utmost security. Otherwise it cannot be done.
Deception implies an intent to hide the truth, but reality is not hiding from us. We are simply unable to perceive it accurately. Your senses are not lying to you.
No, the deception is actually an active, amazingly intelligent and cunning process which almost everyone is engaged in at some level. It can be called deception in my view and these 'senses' are just concepts and hidden behind many layers of filtering and interpretations before you can even ''listen" to them.
becoming more than human is not dehumanization.
Yeah, I admit I stressed definitions here a bit too much to make my cult mirror Milli's one. To some it might seem inhuman at times though, when they stop recognizing their limited or distorted idea of human. Also I think over time some people who got stuck in some half-baked understanding might have created half-baked images of the post-human, adding to the confusion.
Yes, people may feel intimidated by the wise, but to use it, to encourage it in others is definitely uncool in my view.
I can't see it work that way either. Fear is a bad adviser after all. But the one feeling intimidated should investigate as well the source of his discomfort. Or at least face the fact they feel intimidated, which most people not even can because their defensive thought and actions already took over.
SasQuatch9585

Post by SasQuatch9585 »

Diebert,
Often order is just that: an order. When a dolphin catches a squid, will he feel superior? I doubt it.
In this analogy you place the wise above the unwise in the food chain.

I don't know about dolphins man, but I'm sure taking down a single antelope didn't make an early modern human feel superior. But when the same guy felled one after another after another, I'm sure he did feel superior, and was recognized as a superior hunter in his group. This recognition gained him status in the group, a higher place in the pecking order, and his words no doubt carried more weight. All of this because he provided more food for the group.

Not an altogether inappropriate reward, I suppose, but it's all based on the survival imperitive. So too is the pecking order itself.

Insecurity was a necessary emotion in the primitive world because we depended on a cooperative social group for survival, so knowing one's place within that group was critical. In those days I suppose what others thought of you was a matter of personal survival and breeding rights. Today this is not the case. Happiness for me has directly involved disregarding every manifestation of insecurity, including the concept of a pecking order.

Not having to worry about or defend the image of myself in the minds of others is an amazing freedom. I would wish that for everyone, and so would never encourage someone else to see me as above them, better than them, or more deserving than them, because to do so would immediately disqualify me from wisdom.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

SasQuatch9585,

How could you possibly be addressing the 'wrongness' of Diebert's logic, without seeing, believing, feeling that your logic is more superior?

You know what I mean?

Your last post to Diebert has been correcting him, challenging him, pointing out the potential flaws in his logic.

Could you write to Diebert in such a way without a having a sense of superiority over his thoughts?

And second,

What drew you to this forum? Why dont you post at this forum instead: http://www.bibleforums.org/ ?

Could it be because you prefer a particular qualitiy of interaction, a particular quality of treatment - one that you feel is sufficiently superior?
Last edited by Cory Duchesne on Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Patrick wrote:SasQuatch9585,

How could you possibly be addressing the 'wrongness' of Diebert's logic, without seeing, believing, feeling that your logic is more superior?

You know what I mean?

Your last to post to Diebert has been correcting him, challenging him, pointing out the potential flaws in his logic.

Could you write to Diebert in such a way without a having a sense of superiority over his thoughts?
Would you quit being the niceness police? You're such a giant pu&&y.

And second,

What drew you to this forum? Why dont you post at this forum instead: http://www.bibleforums.org/ ?

Could it be because you prefer a particular qualitiy of interaction, a particular quality of treatment - one that you feel is sufficiently superior?
I don't see sasquatch demanding special treatment. She is not an elitist.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Elitism
The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
Elitism is not defined simply as one who feels they may be superior in some way. A double standard of treatment is necessary for the world "elitism" to be applicable.. Get off your idiotic "everyone is an elitist" meme. It's highly moronic.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Milli: Would you quit being the niceness police? You're such a giant pu&&y.
That’s an elitist attitude. You demand others to behave in a way that you favor. And when you don’t get it, you then treat that person in a way that you yourself dont want to be treated.

Do you like being called a pussy, a dupe, a whiny little bitch?

If so, I would say you are the masochistic/sadistic high-strung emotinal wreck that you appeared to be from the moment you first started posting here.

Good job Milli.
Milli:I don't see sasquatch demanding special treatment. She is not an elitist.
Why doesn’t sasquatch just post anywhere then? Why does sasquatch post and read on the genius forum, and not on the Bible forum?
Elitism is not defined simply as one who feels they may be superior in some way.
I agree, and like I said, an elitist individual demands a particular quality of behavior from his peers. That’s why Sasquatch is challenging and subtly prodding Diebert.
Milli: A double standard of treatment is necessary for the world "elitism" to be applicable..
Yeah, double standard of treatment - - whats right for bobby, is not right for billy. billy likes to have conversations on the bible forum. bob likes conversations on the genius forum.

When a Christian who believes god created the earth in 7 days or whatever comes onto the genius forum and starts preaching, he gets spoke to like the ignorant person he is.

If he doesn’t stop, he gets banned.

He can’t do to the genius forum, what the moderators of the genius forum can do to him.

I would say that's pretty elitist.

Milli, do you think Christians are elitists?
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Hey Milli,

Lets just say you are building your own house, and you have 2 workers helping you.

Both of them are roughly the same age, however one of them, Bobby, has a good attention span, is good with a measuring tape, and seems motivated to work.

The other, Billy, has proven to be quite bad with the saw, he has made incorrect measurements and thus has wasted time and materials. He is always gazing at clouds and trees, scratching his head, and is often staring blankly in space when he shoud be paying attention.

You have two jobs that need to be done by sunset.

One involves carefully measuring and cutting some boards, the other job involved sweeping up the floor and cleaning up scraps.

You need help doing the measuring and cutting - the cuts that need to be done are compicated and the boards are big. Its a two man job, and involves focus, attention and intelligence.

Whereas the sweeping scraps and cleaning job can be done by any old fool.

Between Billy and Bobby, who are you going to choose to help you do the cutting?

Well, being the elitist you are - you are going to favor bobby due to his percieved superiority.

That doesnt mean you are going to be an asshole to Billy though.

You give Bobby favored treatment because you yourself want favored treatment.

You favor those who you deem make you the most powerful, secure and effective.

And so we are all driven by an instinctive elitist mentality. But that doesnt mean everyone is 'the elite'.

And that's not to say just because bobby is more focus, attentive and dependable on the work site, doesnt mean he is absolutely more superior in all respects.

Billy, may have far greater potential to be an overall more logical human being than bobby - perhaps he just isnt able to focus on doing a job for someone he thinks is an idiot.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Is there any better example of elitism that that which is shown in the universities?

The kids who get good grades in high school get favored treatments. They get offered scholarships. The kids give favored treatment to the universities that they percieve as superior.

Humanity is instinctively elitist, it's realy not a learned thing.
millipodium

Post by millipodium »

Cory Patrick wrote:Hey Milli,

Lets just say you are building your own house, and you have 2 workers helping you.

Both of them are roughly the same age, however one of them, Bobby, has a good attention span, is good with a measuring tape, and seems motivated to work.

The other, Billy, has proven to be quite bad with the saw, he has made incorrect measurements and thus has wasted time and materials. He is always gazing at clouds and trees, scratching his head, and is often staring blankly in space when he shoud be paying attention.

You have two jobs that need to be done by sunset.

One involves carefully measuring and cutting some boards, the other job involved sweeping up the floor and cleaning up scraps.

You need help doing the measuring and cutting - the cuts that need to be done are compicated and the boards are big. Its a two man job, and involves focus, attention and intelligence.

Whereas the sweeping scraps and cleaning job can be done by any old fool.

Between Billy and Bobby, who are you going to choose to help you do the cutting?

Well, being the elitist you are - you are going to favor bobby due to his percieved superiority.

That doesnt mean you are going to be an asshole to Billy though.

You give Bobby favored treatment because you yourself want favored treatment.

You favor those who you deem make you the most powerful, secure and effective.

And so we are all driven by an instinctive elitist mentality. But that doesnt mean everyone is 'the elite'.

And that's not to say just because bobby is more focus, attentive and dependable on the work site, doesnt mean he is absolutely more superior in all respects.

Billy, may have far greater potential to be an overall more logical human being than bobby - perhaps he just isnt able to focus on doing a job for someone he thinks is an idiot.
You may see sweeping as inferior treatment, but giving the retard the harder job would have caused him much more stress, and would not be preferred treatment. Assigning tasks based on capacities is not elitism. You are so amazlingly confused. Please quite fouling up the board with your intense stupidity.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

The dictionary definitions of 'favor' :

A gracious, friendly, or obliging act that is freely granted: do someone a favor
Friendly or favorable regard; approval or support
Something given as a token of love, affection, or remembrance

The dictionary definition of treatment: The act, manner, or method of handling or dealing with someone or something:

What amazes me milli is how blind you are to your own behavior.

Obviously you find my logic inferrior.

What don't you respond to me graciously? Why arent you obliging, supportive, aproving?

Because you are an elitist. You give favorable treatment to those who you deem are worthy of it. To those who you percieve as sufficiently superior.

How can you be so blind to yourself?
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Milli: You may see sweeping as inferior treatment, but giving the retard the harder job would have caused him much more stress, and would not be preferred treatment. Assigning tasks based on capacities is not elitism.
Actually, if higher capacities pay more money, offer better hours, and give more opportunites to work, I would say for most people it is.

Personally I witnessed such a situation like bobby's and billy's.

When the head carpenter only needs one man to work for him - between the two men, he chooses bobby.

Billy gets left in the dust.

Another example is the justice system.

What could be more elitist then the criminal justice system?

The (elitist) standards of society demmand certain behaviors.

To be caught as criminal in any way is to be treated unfavorably.

How friendly are you to bums on the street milli? Not as friendly as you are to the people you actual call your friends, I'm sure.

Why are they your friends?

Because you percieve them as sufficiently superior. They make you feel secure.
Milli: You are so amazlingly confused. Please quite fouling up the board with your intense stupidity
You are not treating me in a favorable way, you elitist hypocrite.