All Thought is Sensual

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Cory Duchesne

All Thought is Sensual

Post by Cory Duchesne »

All-thought is sensual, incomplete and therefore can only breed misery.

Masculinity and femmininity are an undivided whole.

There is only going beyond masculinity&femininity.

The act of going beyond is not an act of will.

Unlike this post.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Cory,
What do you mean by sensual? How is thought "incomplete"? How can thinking only breed misery? Is it possible to never think, so that you're always happy? Is there something complete beyond thought? Something non-sensual?
How do you figure that?
How does one do that?
What is it an act of, then?
- Scott
R. Steven Coyle

Post by R. Steven Coyle »

Cory Patrick wrote:All-thought is sensual, incomplete and therefore can only breed misery.
All thought is a product of suffering; when suffering no longer is a staple, thought is no longer sensual, and no longer an incomplete affair.
Unlike this post [an act of will].
Always strive to realize the whole; if this act can be accomplished, there is no limit to your thinking.
Nick

Re: All Thought is Sensual

Post by Nick »

Cory Patrick wrote:All-thought is sensual, incomplete and therefore can only breed misery.

Imagine you get into a car accident which destroys all five of your senses, yet you still remain alive. You can no longer see, hear, smell, taste, or feel anything. All that you have now are your thoughts. In this scenario you are now a non-sensual being, yet you still have thought.

Certainly a person born this way may never think of much because they will never "experience" the world in any particular way. They may never realize any type of misery, but on the other hand they will never realize anything at all.
Cory Patrick wrote:Masculinity and femmininity are an undivided whole.
You can say that about anything. Things are only divided and defined to serve a purpose. There are masculine and feminine elements in the universe, no doubting that. Opposing forces if you will. Yet they are one in the same on the scale of infinity.
Cory Patrick wrote:There is only going beyond masculinity&femininity.
Do you mean achieving enlightenment? I see many things and people that will never go beyond the nature masculinity and femininity.
Cory Patrick wrote:The act of going beyond is not an act of will.

I have been caused to have a will to "go beyond", as you describe, what I think you mean is enlightenment. If we didn't have will we would all be sitting around like bumps on a log.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Schaula wrote:

What do you mean by sensual?

Cory: I mean that all thought and thinking is a sensation, a gratification, a desire, an excitement, an enthusiasm - gross or subtle.
Pye

Post by Pye »

Cory writes:

I mean that all thought and thinking is a sensation, a gratification, a desire, an excitement, an enthusiasm - gross or subtle.

Cory, I think that you cannot neutralize valuing by destroying/Transcending the valuing mechanism (sentiency). We are all working toward the good - that which settles us the most greatly with our sense of things. You go for it when you make prescriptions like these, or rather, place moral values upon feeling itself (with implied direction to transcend, or there's no hope).

That all thought is in some way registered as feeling, 'gross or subtle' as you say, is not a problem in itself.

perhaps thinking that it is a problem in itself is a problem.

sschaula

Post by sschaula »

This thread makes no sense to me.
- Scott
Pye

Post by Pye »

Scott writes:
This thread makes no sense to me. [emphasis mine].
perfect.

and hence, it has no value for you: No sense [of it]; no value.

Truth is felt, first, before it is articulated. It is sensed.

sschaula

Post by sschaula »

I wasn't trying to be clever, by using the word "sense". I really think it's pointless...unless someone says something that I can understand about it.
- Scott
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

Cory:
In the miserable, yes, but in the healthy, the sensual, the strong, it breeds something else.
Humanity you mean?
To?

Unlike this post.
Not necessarily, no, but that is part of what constitutes the pleasure in willing.
Cory Duchesne

Post by Cory Duchesne »

Pye wrote:
That all thought is in some way registered as feeling, 'gross or subtle' as you say, is not a problem in itself.

perhaps thinking that it is a problem in itself is a problem

I never said it was a problem. But people who are chasing after enlightenment without realizing that all thought is sensual, certainly have a problem.
bert

Post by bert »

Cory: I mean that all thought and thinking is a sensation, a gratification, a desire, an excitement, an enthusiasm - gross or subtle.
yes,you are very damn right cory,though I would change a thing:
all thought is via sensation,via gratification,via ....

that makes it more in coherence with the workings of the mind.

and when taken to its extreme relevance,it becomes enlightening.I would suggest : work on it; apply it;suck on it - until you shit it.