The average person's perspective

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Nick

The average person's perspective

Post by Nick »

Having developed my own wisdom into the depths of Truth, sometimes it's easy to forget how the average person percieves things, or how I used to percieve things. It made me laugh the other day when I thought about how the average person might react to one of the opening statements on a trascript from "The Hour of Judgement" radio series. This trascript was called The Future of the Species. The opeing starts off like this:

David Quinn: Hello and welcome to the humblest radio program in the world, The Hour of Judgement. My name is David Quinn, and I'm an up-and-coming sage who lives at West End. But sitting beside me is someone who literally embodies humility - he is probably the humblest person I know - and that is, of course, Kevin Solway, our regular, self-proclaimed expert on reality.

Can you see how the average person might be literally blown away by this opening statement? Hearing a person proclaim this program as the hublest in the world, then going on to proclaim they are an up-and-coming sage. For most people just to hearing someone actually say they are humble would drive them up the wall. Then to hear them go on to say they are an up-and-coming sage! I could imagine certain people going absolutely mad from what they percive as a contradiction in its purest form.

Then in next sentence David goes on to say that Kevin is the humblest person he knows, and a self-proclaimed expert on reality in the very same sentence! I can't help but laugh when I think about what someone like Oprah might think if she read something like this. How the hell could someone be humble yet proclaim they are on expert on reality, is the question that would be driving her or any average person up a wall.

If only their egos weren't as monstrous as they were they might see just how ignorant they really are...
Angel Ramirez

Post by Angel Ramirez »

I think they would just laugh at it then switch to Coast to Coast with Art Bell. How well did "The Hour of Judgement" do in the ratings?
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

How well did "The Hour of Judgement" do in the ratings?

I think it was a community station, so probably not very well.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Damn. The ghosts of enlightenment past are not here so you are conjuring them up from an old radio show?

Strikes me as pathetic.

I have not looked at this part of Genius in a while. Worse than even I could have imagined.

Kind of a haunted house feel to the place.

Faizi
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Nick wrote:
I can't help but laugh when I think about what someone like Oprah might think if she read something like this.
Truthfully, the Three Amigoes would have ripped Oprah a new asshole. Temporarily, of course.

Then, by virtue of her fame and influence, she would have buried them.

Kind of like what happened to Dave Chappelle.

Faizi
Nick

Post by Nick »

MKFaizi wrote:Damn. The ghosts of enlightenment past are not here so you are conjuring them up from an old radio show?

Strikes me as pathetic.
Conjuring? No, you are badly mistaken. It's probably your own sub-conscious causing you to think this. I do recall this statement from you in a post while ago:
MKFaizi wrote:Where are the three amigoes lately?

I mistrust a forum where the originators do not post.

Without the wise guidance, it is likely that the forum could dumb down to Joe Dees level. Looks a lot like that now.

Looks like oatmeal.
Despair... only if the three amigoes were here to save me. Seriously, unless you have something constructive to add, then spare me your whining and shit talking.
Last edited by Nick on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unwise

Post by unwise »

I don't see what is funny about the post. Everyone knows I'm in head to head sage competition with the QVC and I'm going to knock them out with superior Vedanta. If anyone is an up and coming Avatar it is me. Bring it on bitch. Now I'm coming from my corner with pure enlightenment shit talk mo fos.