Linkage between language & unconscious behavior

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
bernshtein

Linkage between language & unconscious behavior

Post by bernshtein »

I am fascinated how the relative calibre of words/metaphors can elicit differing unconscious behavioral reactions in humans which in turn would be reconstituted in it's original conscious form but with a new facade. If I was to label someone by compounding three vaguely disconnected but emotionally charged words - love-hate-and friends...would I stumble upon a constant in human unconscious behavior? ie. repulsion followed by intrigue and stimulation or is the unconscious mind unable to evaluate labels respectively and would it redirect the dissonant words into the conscious in an altered form? I ask this question because I believe all 3 words would be transmuted into one inextricably tied unconscious reaction; that is to say-ambivalence which would then be re-submitted if you will after a reappraisal in the unconscious-into the conscious mind in it's unaltered form, however with a new diametrically opposite guise. At some unconscious level we all love who we despise and are friends with those we love and hate. If I were to compound these three words further by generating more emotionally charged metaphors/words such as honey-ape (deindividualization) or buddy. On what universal human scale could I affect the unconscious transmutation of the words?...any thoughts
parasapien

question

Post by parasapien »

why do you want to do this?
Every Sentence Tells a Lie