Empericism as Subjectivity

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
R. Steven Coyle

Empericism as Subjectivity

Post by R. Steven Coyle »

Empericism as an extension of the psyche:

- Playing with sticks is a form of self-exclusion
- Planets are representitive of different states of the mind - i.e. Mercury, first from the sun, the first to receive light, the quickest orbit - "mercurial intelligence" - A=A
- Stones are feared when there is self-doubt ("rock solid") - passing a stone is symbolic of over-coming self-doubt
- Stars appear one-dimensional, but are in fact three-dimensional. Fear of the stars is fear of space, fear of self-expression. This is why Weininger claimed that women have no appreciation for the night sky (as unconscious beings with no outlet for expression).
- The electromagnetic spectrum is the untapped energy of the psyche. A guide map for exploration of space.
- All sounds have the potential to heal, being an extension of our body. Space as our greater body. When both bodies intersect, a non-dual awareness emerges and energy is released. When sound is not the combination of intelligence and feeling, with the body as conduit, healing can't take place due to emotion bypassing intelligence and feeling.
- The moon is reflective, reflecting light in its solitude. The sun is light, offering light in its steady motion through the sky (sky as freedom).
- Mercury is the most faithful, closest to the sun, so it is able to receive the most light. Earth is in a near perfect eliptical orbit, able to acheive the most growth.
- The dolphin is the wisest animal: Able to swim through its life, it is the most intelligent as well. It plays and eats and swims. The owl has large eyes, but isolates itself due to self-righteousness - its beak is unable to open without self-consciousness.
- The human is the universe - all elements, the weather (feeling), energy, etc. contained within the mind, incarnated within the body (space). Imagination is sum collective of all sense perception, acting as a conduit and connector of experience - the etherial impetus.
- All technology is the unconscious (and also the conscious) potential of the mind.
- Interacting with another individual, is interacting with another universe. When both universes are appreciated, a galaxy results.
- Music should never be replayed with the same mindset - the same is true for daily life.
Last edited by R. Steven Coyle on Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

The dolphin the most intelligent animal!? :D

You mean besides us, don't you?
R. Steven Coyle

Who says we can't also be a dolphin?
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

The dolphins probably :D
R. Steven Coyle

Okay, you win.
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

Steven,

From your opening post, it appears that you have decided to give up philosophy. What you have written is the equivalent of an eleven year-old girl’s account of the relationship between ‘rainbows and unicorns’. Such an account would not be accepted as seriously philosophy, so why do you think your ramblings about dolphins and planets is any better?

What has happened to you, to cause you to throw reason and logic away completely, and to whole-heartedly adopt mindlessness?

Sue
R. Steven Coyle

From your opening post, it appears that you have decided to give up philosophy. What you have written is the equivalent of an eleven year-old girl’s account of the relationship between ‘rainbows and unicorns’. Such an account would not be accepted as seriously philosophy, so why do you think your ramblings about dolphins and planets is any better?
Well, what's the difference between art and philosophy?

I was trying to show how you can think creatively, in to arrive at new truths - new ways of thinking.
What has happened to you, to cause you to throw reason and logic away completely, and to whole-heartedly adopt mindlessness?

There is more to philosophy, than well thought out logic and conventional reason. Having achieved realization of God, I believe there are infinite worlds to explore.

You can use Zen for anything.

Truth is not solely the domain of what our conditioned experience (logic) would have you believe.

(Different minds perceive differently.)
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

Sue:
Steven,

From your opening post, it appears that you have decided to give up philosophy. What you have written is the equivalent of an eleven year-old girl’s account of the relationship between ‘rainbows and unicorns’.Such an account would not be accepted as seriously philosophy, so why do you think your ramblings about dolphins and planets is any better?
Blather.
What has happened to you that you think such throwing away and adoption is possible?

R:
Having achieved realization of God, I believe there are infinite worlds to explore.
Having never realized god, I know the world may be explored infinitely.
R. Steven Coyle

We usually think of memory as a passive principle of the mind, which allows the mind (inner/outer space) to be explored in depth. What I have found to be true, is that memory is also an active principle. Let me explain. When our minds were first developing, our imagination was heightened to such a degree that we were able to tap our unconscious mind rather easily. Producing in us, a glimpse of the space-time continuum (our own mind). Time is an illusion for this very reason. When we were younger, and maybe even now still, we could conjure up vivid glimpses of three-dimensional pictures - looking into the future, or possibly, producing the future as a result. This process, in its condensed form, is responsible for the feeling of deja vu. Think of a hologram. It contains, in its smallest section, the entire hologram. When we produce imagery, we are in essence, constructing a hologram, within a hologram. Precognitive dreaming is a passive product of this experience. If we can tap our unconscious mind, we can tap into our existence.
R. Steven Coyle

Observations:

- Too much water can kill, sipping might be feminine, but it is wise as well. Water is what we know, food is what is to be discovered.
- The moon changes colors depending on our mood. A mood ring, for sure. But, a good compass, too.
- Numbers place us at a distance, giving us some information. To integrate numbers into our being, one must view them with feeling. Thinking as a mathematical model. When math is viewed with a certain creativity, it becomes an integration of both hemispheres.
- Plants represent essence. This is why they are difficult to comprehend.
- Symbols are what ultimately has value.
Wild Fox Zen

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

dolphins have been known to gang up on and bash sharks to death for fun. play isn't necesarily a benign endeavor.

the owl's eyes pierce the veil of darkness and though he's an efficient killer, he doesn't do it for fun. Sharp senses, nothing extraneous.
Wild Fox Zen

Post by Wild Fox Zen »

- Symbols are what ultimately has value.
I think that's primary. Fly that one as your banner.
R. Steven Coyle

Infinity

The wholeness of numbers points to the intangible realm of thought, each being an abstract association. If reality can be viewed in a numerical fashion, then the progression of thought can more easily reconstruct or deconstruct itself.

For example:

. . . 1+1+1+1+1+1 . . . is a perfect abstraction of the infinite in time. No longer is it completely necessary to consider the non-existence of time as a singularity, an ever-present state of being, instead it can be viewed as a faithful progression of experience. If there appears a moment where unconsciousness takes precedence, Infinity isn't disrupted, but instead could be designated with the "-/+" sign, representing the subtraction or addition of thought. When "-/+" is utilized, once again infinity is established; and with a newer set of operation.
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Steven,
Precognitive dreaming is a passive product of this experience. If we can tap our unconscious mind, we can tap into our existence.
I think I mentioned it earlier; it is generally quite difficult for me to follow if an expression is of a highly abstract quality. (I hope you know what I mean).

But from the rough picture I get from this thread, I would ask you just one question without any further clarifications. In fact that question may not even be asked for I have my positive doubts. But I have to.

Have you tapped into what you call an "unconscious mind"? I ask this because in my opinion, that which you call an "unconscious mind", is actually much more "conscious" than the word actually implies, otherwise you won’t be able to think or talk about it.

[One can actually be a Dolphin in essence. Impossible? well... OK then.]

I don't think anyone here actually follows what you are trying to explain, neither do I taking superficial words and their preset meanings as facts, but I can comprehend the essence of what you say.
(Different minds perceive differently.)
Absolutely, and may I add; in the most unique of fashions, and yet, there is no essential difference at all, at it’s most basic core.
---------
R. Steven Coyle

Hey Sapius,
Have you tapped into what you call an "unconscious mind"? I ask this because in my opinion, that which you call an "unconscious mind", is actually much more "conscious" than the word actually implies, otherwise you won’t be able to think or talk about it.
The "unconscious" (or "subconscious") mind is the mind that's ultimately responsible for thinking; it's the first cause, you could say. By tapping into it, I'm able to gather information in a more direct way; able to perceive with the mind's eye.
I don't think anyone here actually follows what you are trying to explain, neither do I taking superficial words and their preset meanings as facts, but I can comprehend the essence of what you say.
If you can understand the essence, than that's all I'd ever want to be communicated. If the essence is grasped, the mind of the reader is more likely to open of its own accord.
bert

Post by bert »

hi steven,

we are what we believe and what it implies by a process of time in the conception;creation is caused by this bondage to formula.

believe is not by saying "I belief",that time is long gone...belief to be effective must be vital,it must be be-lived.

natural belief is the intuition that compels belief through that which is experienced reacting ,and dominating in turns; everything has to associate itself through its definite emotion,stimulated by those in harmony.
the majority of our actions can be traced to a subconscious desire in conflict with habit,an obedience to inherent fatalism,which hangs on good and bad actions already commited in past experience against a preserved morality,and whose action gives expression such as spontaneity,autonomy,the deliberate,etc.,as the chance arises.

tapping into the subconscious you can contact the Univrsal triangle,that is
-Universal Mind
-Universal Intelligence
-Universal Energy

the subconscious understands only symbols,it is the only lanuage it knows.
In the universal mind are all memories stored.it is the living symbolic library.
contact the suitable "primary substance" and you will gain in accord.
some symbolism is abstract(circle,pentagram,hexagon,..),some personal.

abstarct art is art wher we feel different about rather than know;somethin that has to clothe and express itself by unusual means;we can not visualize it before reification.

only dominant desire shall compel us to do what we want to do succesfully.
R. Steven Coyle

bert wrote:natural belief is the intuition that compels belief through that which is experienced reacting ,and dominating in turns; everything has to associate itself through its definite emotion,stimulated by those in harmony. the majority of our actions can be traced to a subconscious desire in conflict with habit,an obedience to inherent fatalism,which hangs on good and bad actions already commited in past experience against a preserved morality,and whose action gives expression such as spontaneity,autonomy,the deliberate,etc.,as the chance arises.
While our natural belief arises, already a personal imprint is made alongside it; allowing for time to subside, allowing for experience to become a philosophy.
tapping into the subconscious you can contact the Universal triangle,that is
-Universal Mind
-Universal Intelligence
-Universal Energy

the subconscious understands only symbols,it is the only lanuage it knows. In the universal mind are all memories stored.it is the living symbolic library. contact the suitable "primary substance" and you will gain in accord. some symbolism is abstract(circle,pentagram,hexagon,..),some personal.
Omniscience, and even omnipotence, is a reality within the framework of the mind that has realized its own nature. Both are in accord with the space-time continuum; both suggesting the illusion of time, and the illusion of freewill.
abstarct art is art wher we feel different about rather than know;somethin that has to clothe and express itself by unusual means;we can not visualize it before reification.
Art that is a mirror of the mind.
tharpa

something we don't really want to know maybe....

Post by tharpa »

"The dolphin is the wisest animal: Able to swim through its life, it is the most intelligent as well."

Well, if you use 'articulatory sophistication' of the reproductive organ as a criterion, the male dolphin beats us hands down - or rather phallus up, or rather phallus round and round!
Last edited by tharpa on Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R. Steven Coyle

All truth is of a subjective nature. There can be no objectivity, without first a throughly investigated subjectivity. What appears in science as objective truth, is the unrefined analysis of the internal world; both exclusively supporting one another. There are no limitations to the subjective/objective relation: A conception in mathematics can extend well beyond itself, to include a law of physics, or even of psychology; this phenonmenon is what we would regularly define as imagination. This is apparent also in how we utilize perception. The mind which perceives, takes its sensory input from an unknown source, resulting in our experience of the world. The unknown source is responsible for our thought forms, and our conceptions - infinite combination of ideas, infinite combination of materials.

The symbolic language of math or science should not be confined to only its field. Since the idea of "language" is universal, it should be beneficial to the aspiring philosopher to include the vocabulary of any medium within any other, for new combinations; new materials, if you will. I was reading a piece on Richard Feynmann, one where he was discussing scientists' aspirations to discover how fast light would refract through "ether" (And, if this ether even existed). Instead of reading the material verbatim, I decided to instead view it through the lens of my Taoist understanding. While reading, new formulations occured to me before I had even read them. It turned out that the scientists language was just the same as any other, and just as flexible. Language is symbol, and symbol is mind. If you can overlap memory and symbol, then you can begin to view modern ideas in a new light.
R. Steven Coyle

tharpa wrote:Well, if you use 'articulatory sophistication' of the reproductive organ as a criterion, the male dolphin beats us hands down - or rather phallus up, or rather phallus round and round!
[laughs]

I knew they were the wisest!
R. Steven Coyle

Often, it is the memory of a thing experienced, which carries more weight than the idea of the thing itself. For only in memory, can we be said to actually live our ideas.

The length of a conversation is in no way in accord with its utility. This is why the relativity of time is never expressed using words; only in ideas - words are at the same time too precious, and too expensive for science to imagine.

What secrets does our voice hold? What future does it?

Why does the doctor grab our balls and make us cough? To make sure we still have them! And why does he shove a thumb up our arse? To make sure we haven't become an arsehole? The wisdom of the body astounds me.

There is wisdom, and then there is common sense. Wisdom is knowing which sense is not common.

My father taught me to be more like him, to be less like him. My mother taught me to be more like a father, in order to be myself. My younger brother taught me how to be myself. My younger sister is myself.
R. Steven Coyle

Morality

Since every act is causally pre-determined, who can speak of right or wrong, good or evil? One only ever regulates personal behavior, and if they are wise, in accordance with the natural unfolding of time. It is only wisdom that supposes morality, and for the dissection of morality it rewards itself in full. The separation of man from the divine, is what separates man from animal. Self-righteousness blinds us to a fate; above or below it, the juxtaposed mass of validity, the complementary doubt of the unworthy, the false adornment of regret. Unto itself, the actuality of the self is void of form; it only begins to actualize through "other." With this action, the self circumvents any necessity of righteousness. And so a moral code of equity begins to ripen out of a want of progression; self-development begins out of a need of expression; morality enters only as an after-thought, in the wake of wisdom's repose. Separating man from God is the problem of eternal morality: Man forgets, and so constructs a God out of his own corruption to help him remember. Again forgetting himself, he invents morality to remember, a continual striving towards a will to unconsciousness. Man stole morality in order to invent God, his shame is his savior, though disguised in a reflective armory. When an individual sets foot across the divide of a self-inflicted fault, he ultimately begins to will Nature unto his own.
R. Steven Coyle

Idealism

The difficulty with idealism lies in its inherency. When we project a sense of perfection onto others, we inevitably divide ourselves from them. More aptly, from what we desire from them, for our own self-preservation. At the root of idealism is a want of necessity, though we rarely submit to it, for fear of betraying this sense of preservation. With the recognition of an unbiased idealism, one can safely negotiate through the turmoil of existence; realizing that it is only through the perception of the ideal that all good, and all evil may be said to exist.

When an individual does submit to their vision of the ideal, then life begins to take on its more human characteristic. At last it seems, we've discovered how our nature fits into the greater picture; we have learned to place value upon ourselves, within an ideal. No longer are we in need of a moral regulation to communicate our thoughts back and forth: We have effectively become all of morality: For we have continually, and faithfully, and unknowingly, endeavoured to do so.
R. Steven Coyle

Time

The nature of spiritual reality is infinitely symmetrical in essence; forming a noumenal substance for asymmetrical analysis: In the process constructing a self-referencial feedback loop. Thought forms arise from their non-local, symmetrical counterpart - imposed temporally in space as memory, perceived as retrocognition. This mental time traveling suggests that the future is in fact responsible for the present: with synthesized versions of precognitive temporal phenomenon commonly expressed as intuition. Time is thought-perception, and evidenced by its inherent singularity, it can only be perceived as a non-linear function; making cumulative memory it’s juxtaposed resource.

Concluding that thought derives itself from a regional fragmentation in spacetime, causality is more clearly defined as a temporal mapping of reality. Imagining that causality is limited to the perception of linear time is a drastic misnomer. While it is true that point A inevitably leads to point B; with the inclusion of a non-linear function; it appears that B is responsible for A; that B is, in a sense, always equal to A. In practical terms, instead of holding causality at a distance, thinking exclusively in terms of "then" and "now," it is more appropriate to say that "now" is responsible for "then." Continually applying this method, one finds that each action is symmetrically adjacent to its counterpart, equalized within another portion of the spacetime continuum.