Intelligence

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
suergaz

Intelligence

Post by suergaz »

It's invaluable. What else is sought above it? Love. And even then it will be of intelligence. Information is coveted, sold, stolen, people kill for it, will pretend it to be intelligence and even believe it to be. What to give? How best to give it? That is what intelligence says to itself in its inherency. It goes on to give itself. It won't halt before style, or be reinvented by convention. It takes emotions to articulate itself and in hesitation before unconsciousness nevertheless addresses itself. Beauty binds it to more, beauty as means to intelligence. It haunts the prosaic, and burns in the poetic, but possesses, and is alone possessed by life.

Occlusion is the overriding response, -intelligence cannot be overridden. Charm yourselves upon it, sharpen your wits with it, preside over your fate inside it, and if you value it above all else, look to where it lies in all else.

Can one cleave to oneself so deeply as to become another?
R. Steven Coyle

Post by R. Steven Coyle »

Intelligence, when divided from its natural state of residence, becomes a silent machine, drawing from the reservoirs of wisdom unconsciously. To ignite itself, intelligence must unite with the many thresholds of experience, reclaiming its forgotten union with time. Wisdom, a principle of eternity, often disrupts the reality of the spirit. Because wisdom can slowly overcompensate, for any lack, especially a lack in personal identity, it is an ally that perpetuates itself, over all else - even itself. Wisdom, being a matter of unseen combination, draws onto itself everything, often leaving the mind to react against itself, dampening its once free pleasure.

The simplicity of the spirit is in one motion. To recognize the many movements of the earth.
bert

Post by bert »

intelligence is our ability of composition,it gives harmony and significance to incongruities.
R. Steven Coyle

The ego, in its quest for superior tactics, loses itself in its constructions. To openly prize the value of the soul, the automated symphony, is to taste the sublimity of progression.

In fact, it is the ego that gives rise to a memory which forgets to set aside yesterday's past, in favor of the present's new verse.
R. Steven Coyle

Interpretation of events, gives rise to the contiguous ego. To follow our own thoughts to their origin, is to suppliment each moment, to define it. To know ourselves, is to know circumstance: Fire rises, not to escape itself, but to reclaim itself, continually. When we realize that we are the creators of our own worlds, we meet ourselves in everything, and everyone. And we know it.
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

Both the idiot and the genius are lost. The difference is that one knows he is.
R. Steven Coyle

Fuel for the road.
Cato

Post by Cato »

Can one cleave to oneself so deeply as to become another?
Well, now. THERE you open the door to the discussion of the "self" and does it ever exist?

Since that "self" is forever changing through experience, can it be said to exist since it is never the "same" from one second to the next?

Now THAT one is a pandora's box!
Blair

Post by Blair »

Cato wrote:Now THAT one is a pandora's box!
It is, but it has also been discussed in great detail on this forum for years in various ways.

I'm just curious as to wether you read the archives, or have been reading this forum before you registered? Did you come from another board, and if so, what was it?
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

Cato:
Since that "self" is forever changing through experience, can it be said to exist since it is never the "same" from one second to the next?
Yes.
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

Agreed. The fact that something changes does not mean that the thing does not exist. In fact, change is necessary for existence in the first place.
Cato

Post by Cato »

I'm just curious as to wether you read the archives, or have been reading this forum before you registered? Did you come from another board, and if so, what was it?
1) Yes, from another board on which someone mentioned this forum

2) Have not read any archives (and most likely won't)

3) No did not "lurk" at all before registering and posting. I say, jump right in, baby! After all, it ain't like any of us are ever going to say anything too original. There's nothing new under the sun, you know. So, why fret and worry that I won't be being "new"? Why worry if a subject has been brought up before? If I don't bring it up again, someone else will. And if you were all just sitting around waiting for something new to come around this board would be dead, dead, dead!
R. Steven Coyle

The misanthrope's hatred is not a hatred out of self-denial, but rather a hatred out of self-exclusion. How dangerously related are the two.
R. Steven Coyle

To know when to think, and when not to, is a sure sign of wisdom. In between the two, is wisdom.
Nick

Post by Nick »

R. Steven Coyle wrote:To know when to think, and when not to, is a sure sign of wisdom. In between the two, is wisdom.
My wisdom is to remain conscious of all my motives, and to eliminate any ignorance that may or may not be fueling my motives.
R. Steven Coyle

That is your wisdom, then.