OK, now here's my theory of reality (based on my experience)

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
bert

Post by bert »

is it the 'otherness' within ourselves that make us loathe others?
R. Steven Coyle

Post by R. Steven Coyle »

Hey, what part of compassion don't you get?
Hey, I'll try to be clear, if you'll try to be clear.
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Pye,
Now what is interesting to me is how the idea of this purely existential source for the spiritual impulse would have to suffer a sudden downgrade to the thinking of many, as though finding ourselves in the world what smells and is many ribbons of temporality is just plain not mysterious or spiritual enough. I wonder (challengingly) why this thought has to have any less of an impact upon us or be thought of as any less wondrous a source. I also wonder why this thought -- and the one that supports the oneness/relatedness of all caused things actually in existence - would have to mutually exclude one another. I wonder how one's ego - that is, one's sense of self - has no place in these caused conditions as well, other than the widespread belief that it keeps us from originally effortless existence. And then, we might want to ask why - evolutionarily speaking - the largest human trend in consciousness that can be seen over time is the development of the subjective experience.
In my opinion all this arises from the hope of conquering Death; fear of not being perhaps? Perhaps find a sense of immortality in the Self not being itself. If not possible physically, at least achieved mentally, philosophically, by rendering life and death nonexistent. Attributing no beginning or end to a Self. Not that this idea does not make or bring forth a much rational person, but mostly one is lost in the extremes and cannot reconcile a Self back into the reality of Now, which is all that there is, and that the Self is but a passing effect.

R. Steven Coyle

The continuous return to the subjective is the continuous return to the forgotten rule book: The book that never was. The ego revels inside itself a desire for permanency, haphazardly misplacing simple laughter. What a great abundance, if for once, our sensual was our spiritual, the womb of our mother, was now the womb of a new mother earth. If we should each give birth ourselves, then we would learn to let go of ourselves, indefinitely.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

More loathesome platitudes!

God damn.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

:) Trust me, I understand delusions of grandeur.

Take this to your poetic heart, just like the dagger it's meant to be: stop using this forum as your own private therapy session. Maybe then you will develop some semblance of philosophy.

I will say more, soon Steven, about your ego.
R. Steven Coyle

Leyla?

Stop treating me like a child at your feet, and then you might realize that your consciousness (condescension), filters out a lot of information. Did you catch Pye's Freud post?

I don't feel like getting into another argument.

Say what you will, and bask.
Last edited by R. Steven Coyle on Wed May 31, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
unwise

Post by unwise »

See what I mean?
R. Steven Coyle

Unwise,

Yes I do. I am grateful for your presence on this board. Your post last night, really helped to clear my mind. And Frank? Gotta give mad props. :)
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

It's so strange how you all team up with eachother.
- Scott
R. Steven Coyle

You can join the club, too, Scott.

No poetry, I promise.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

What happened to the subject of castration?

Interesting topic. Farmers regularly castrate cattle. Pretty simple task. Tie a tight band around the testicles until they die and drop off.

Not much to it.

Faizi
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

Leyla Shen wrote:More loathesome platitudes!

God damn.
Leyla, with all due respects, I think not. Although my English is not that good I believe I know what is being expressed. However, I would like to hear what you have to say about Steven's ego.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Last edited by R. Steven Coyle on Wed May 31, 2006 12:00 pm; edited 5 times in total

That is what I have to say about Steven's ego.
- Scott
Lost Prophet

Post by Lost Prophet »

All this talk of Ego... who here has none?

Those that say they do are deluding themselves. And those who compare egos against some checklist of what they believe are like the black cup yelling at the white cup.

Different attributes, yes. Different meaning, no.