Sex and Character

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Nick

Sex and Character

Post by Nick »

After reading chapter thirteen, “Judaism” and the type of people described in it by Weininger, I could see many of the same traits in American culture. This is the result of femininity and all its ignorance, unleashed and going unchecked. Masculinity has been choked out of existence or suppressed in males to the extent that this could possibly be one of the most feminine societies in history.

Any man with a trace of masculinity in their character can sense what is happening in society. They may think and speak of living in a more masculine manner, but they are too feminine themselves to apply these ideas to their lives. Others scoff at the idea of anything masculine, claiming it is unwanted and of no use to them.

With that said I don’t see a bright future for the spiritual lives of men. Only a life of ignorance produced by femininity, a life which has sustained man in a physical sense for thousands of years. A life most men are whole-heartedly giving up their souls for. At this rate can a world where truth and wisdom are held with the highest regard ever exist?

On a side note: I’ve noticed that more and more commercials are starting to advertise products to men in a manner that demonstrates how their product will make them more of a “masculine man”, if they use it. Products like cars, soaps, food, etc. that supposedly represent masculinity appear to be advertised in a way that spits in the face of femininity. Pathetic how men have to purchase a product in order to feel like more of a man.
Last edited by Nick on Fri May 26, 2006 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angel Ramirez

Post by Angel Ramirez »

What happened to the rest of your post? You still watch TV?

I remember when I was still a brat and used to watch it all day. For a time all the household detergent commercials showed a brilliant woman and a dopey man. The woman always used the superior products and the dumb man had to be shown what a fool he was for preferring Brand X. This made me mad.

Later on, I noticed that every once in a while the man would be given the upper hand. It felt shocking to see that but it pleased me to see the guy looking smart at least a few times.

Camille Paglia says we should all watch TV but I don't get it. It's so damn boring.