Grieving people are the ugliest people

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Cato

Post by Cato »

sue,
...the importance you attribute to the fact that people experience the world through their attachments to it.
Ha, ha. That reminds me of a quote which I will adapt here...

"If I shall have others experienceing for me, I shall feel obliged to allow them to guide me. But as I am experiencing for myslef, I feel justified to hold my own council."
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Sap wrote to Sue:
I don't think you're being as philosophical as you might desire
I see no philosophy here in the least. I see massive ego; womanliness; ignorance; pettiness.

Many people think that they can lead a discussion and call it philosophy when it is nothing more than gossip and inuendo.

Cool.

The double edged sword is revealed when one replies to the post in the vein that it was written.

Death has nothing to do with philosophy. Death is a romantic notion and physiological reality. Grief is a psychological reaction in the form of shock.

No philosophy whatsoever in this thread.

It belongs in the forum formerly known as the Brothel.

Faizi
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

Surely your humour allows everything to be related, doesn't it Marsha?
sue hindmarsh

Post by sue hindmarsh »

R. Steven Coyle wrote:
I also share suergaz's desire for "relationship building" [as perilous and impermanent as Nature itself] - so I think I'll throw in my pocket book.
Steven, are you saying that you were only attracted to this forum because you thought you might make new friends here? I reckon there might be more to you than just that. You must have had a look at the intro to this forum and decided that you were interested in discussing the issues mentioned, so there was/is something inside you that steers you towards philosophy. So, maybe you can hold on a bit longer and see which way your mind takes you.
Your philosophy is modeled after David Quinn's, right?
Being that there is only one Truth, my philosophy is inevitably the same as David’s.
Have you given any thought to the idea of sage as unifier? Bringing harmony to their environment, as a result of their high consciousness?
Yes, that is the aim of this forum, to unite people with the Truth. A natural consequence of this is a more rational, harmonious environment.
Do you think that the westernized philosopher's are the only one's worthy of merit? Kierkegaard was correct when he observed that the philosopher will grow to love God more than man. But, what about the Taoist masters? Lao Tzu? Confucius? What about Buddha? And Jesus? Who all philosophized that God is in everything, and that helping others is the path to true liberation.
Truth is the same for all that know it. And those who know it are all the same. Out of the guys you mentioned, Kierkegaard, Jesus, Buddha, and Lao Tzu stand out as wise men, because they all spoke about the one Truth.

-
God cannot be an object of study, since God is subject.
For this very reason, when you deny God, you do not harm God but destroy yourself.
When you mock God, you mock yourself.
-
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
-
And as all things originate from one essence,
so they are developing according to one law
and they are destined to one aim which is Nirvana.
-
The Way is without form or quality,
But expresses all forms and qualities;
The Way is hidden and implicate,
But expresses all of nature;
The Way is unchanging,
But expresses all motion.
-

So you are correct that they all spoke of God as Everything, but I know that not one of them cared one way or another if what they said influenced people to become wise. They were more interested in putting the Truth out there so that those who had the potential to understand and accept the Truth could do so. Truth is what they valued, not humanity.

Understanding that Everything is God means you know that you are in no way separated from God, and neither is anyone else. So, you can’t really help, or take pride in, or feel happy about someone becoming wise, because it is all God’s doing. All you can do is God’s work. And that’s what those four were doing when they wrote those words. As Lao Tzu wrote:

Nature is not kind;
It treats all things impartially.
The Sage is not kind,
And treats all people impartially.

This speaks more of my attachment to the ignorance of others
Perhaps you just need to work out what you really want.

Sue
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

MKFaizi wrote:Sap wrote to Sue:

I don't think you're being as philosophical as you might desire
I'm sorry, who is Sap?

MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Surely your humour allows everything to be related, doesn't it Marsha?
I see no humor at all. I wrote the truth.

As for Sap, I get my Saps and my Sure-gases mixed up all the time. They are so similar.

Faizi
R. Steven Coyle

Post by R. Steven Coyle »

Steven, are you saying that you were only attracted to this forum because you thought you might make new friends here? I reckon there might be more to you than just that.
I originally posted at the forum to learn more about enlightenment than myself. I am now learning more about myself than enlightenment.

I would like to become a better philosopher.
Nature is not kind;
The Sage is not kind,
A flaw in my character, one that created all the rest.
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

suergaz: Surely your humour allows everything to be related, doesn't it Marsha?

Marsha: I see no humor at all. I wrote the truth.
:D
Death has nothing to do with philosophy. Death is a romantic notion and physiological reality. Grief is a psychological reaction in the form of shock.
Death has to do with philosophy just as anything can have to do with it. You yourself say "philosophy is dead" Masha.
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

Sue:
Nature is not kind;
The Sage is not kind,

Steven: A flaw in my character, one that created all the rest.
You dissembler! You're as bad as me! Possibly as kind too!
R. Steven Coyle

Post by R. Steven Coyle »

suergaz,

Kindness as an attachment to form :)
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

The fact that philosophy is dead has nothing to do with death. Philosophy is dead in that it is not much studied anymore or give credence in the world. Science surplanted it; psychology usurped it.

This does not mean that philosophy does not hold value. It does mean that fewer people are interested in it. I do not see that as a bad thing.

Faizi
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

That fewer people are interested in it, relatively speaking, may not necessarily be a bad thing, but that what ground it does hold is not given credence by the world, how is that to be regarded?
frank

Post by frank »

The fact that philosophy is dead has nothing to do with death. Philosophy is dead in that it is not much studied anymore or give credence in the world. Science surplanted it; psychology usurped it.
What's the point of it anyway?

It's basically schizophrenic isn't it?

It's split into Logos/Mythos.

One philosopher builds a meaning package...(Mythos) and another automatically arises to tear the package apart (Logos)..

It's an argument.

frank
Blair

Post by Blair »

frank wrote:It's an argument.
It may seem so, but it's not. There is an actuality beyond the turmoil and word-play, it requires a certain level of quality of mind to percieve it.

Not everything is a playoff, a contest. The truth is real, just extremely illusive/exclusive in how it reveals itself.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Not everything is a playoff, a contest.

Yes it is. A playoff is the only way that change occurs. That which is interconnected with everything else, logically requires a cause and effect "playoff".

The truth is real, just extremely illusive/exclusive in how it reveals itself.

Well I am with Suergaz on this point (in this context), everything is real, be it truth or falsity. For something to be "the most truthful" or "the most false" it must first be defined in a manner that is relative to some other truth or falsity, and thus is never "absolute".
Blair

Post by Blair »

Jamesh wrote:Not everything is a playoff, a contest.

Yes it is. A playoff is the only way that change occurs. That which is interconnected with everything else, logically requires a cause and effect "playoff".
Think about it through it's conclusion. The ultimate conclusion, at which point it is conceded, It must end up with a result. As much as cause and effect seems infinite in struggle, consciousness can at any point percieve it, thus ending the struggle. Enlightenment is the perfect and invincible counter-move to the duality.
suergaz

Post by suergaz »

As much as cause and effect seems infinite in struggle, consciousness can at any point percieve it, thus ending the struggle.
I can't perceive how perception could possibly end what is perceived.