name for genius of strategy?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
igor

name for genius of strategy?

Post by igor »

Almost 2 months I try to find the english word for the very rare talent. The essence of it is "out of the box", "beyond the box", nonstandart approach to strategy and strategic thinking.
The possible variant is "naturally enlightened person", but nowadays the word enlightment is too much overused.
Also word "protagonist" is applicable here.
What is the precise word for this phenomenon?
Ideas on this subject? How are such people grouped or organised?
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Maverick?
How are such people grouped or organised?
They aren't, by definition!
igor

Post by igor »

It seems to me that maverick doesn't pretend to be a genius. :)
Diebert van Rhijn

igor wrote:It seems to me that maverick doesn't pretend to be a genius. :)
I wasn't sure if you were looking for a description of a phenomenon or a word to describe yourself. :)

Try demon. But then the orthodox Christians freak out.

There's no way to please everyone, you know.
igor

Post by igor »

I am trying to find the word to describe myself.

I have also considered the word "demon". I like more the word illuminus (luxifer, enlightened angel, angel of light, angel who fall from the sky). But ...
According to legends of secret societies, there have been visits of aliens to the earth. This creatures has mixed with the locals and has left descendants. The special type of thinking has made the possibility to build advanced structures. And this mind properties have passed on next generations. Maybe known as gift of nephilim.
But...
When I have tried to find like-minded people in this societies, I failed. Because with years secret societies have turned to psychopatic path, also known as cult. So they have turned from the path of enlightened ANGEL to the path of what now is known as demoniacs.
So, it is seems to me that I need more precise word with something positive in reputation. The gift is about possibility to be neutral to the situation and to take decision on this basis.
Ideas?
Diebert van Rhijn

Normally a name is given based on someone's history, to highlight what makes him different from the rest. Like someone is called 'wise' by the people who perceive wisdom in words of actions of that person. Maybe it's not a good idea to turn it around and label oneself without showing "what one is made of" first? Of course one man's god is the other's devil.

On this board the word 'sage' is used at times. Sounds neutral enough but perhaps too lofty? Not enough coolness and mystery? You could go with the Latin 'sapius'.

You could just stick with 'igor', meaning "warrior of peace".

Whatever you think you are, I don't think you should be too concerned with how others will perceive the way you describe yourself. Because that would put you firmly back in the 'box'. Name-giving is quite the art though and should only be attempted when one understands the core of the matter. Until then better to borrow second-hand definitions.

Socrates said some interesting things on 'the first imposers of names' in Cratylus.

But importantpart of your name is also your reputation. Do you have anything written of could you describe your philosophy or way of life? I wouldn't mind hearing about your dealings with these societies. Some of them claim to carry 'the flame of wisdom' through the generations.
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

igor wrote:I am trying to find the word to describe myself.
The word you are looking for is Subgenius.

Wikipedia tells us that...
"true" SubGenii are not actually human, but rather are descendants of the Yeti. According to Revelation X: The 'Bob' Apocryphon (published in 1994), SubGenii are actually the mutant offspring of a forbidden sexual union that took place millions of years ago between a resident of Atlantis and a human; at that time, humans were little more than a slave race.
Far more information than you ever thought possible is available on this subject in the books The Book of the SubGenius and Revelation X.
bert

Post by bert »

subgeniuses ,discordians ,mutants,.. are telling just the same thing as Madame Blavatsky.It is just that to many want their own religion.For the buck,the fame or whatever.

there is tendecy towards theosophic paranoia,for a century now.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

Some degree of fakery here.

Igor, from what country are you from?

Faizi
igor

Post by igor »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote: But importantpart of your name is also your reputation. Do you have anything written of could you describe your philosophy or way of life? I wouldn't mind hearing about your dealings with these societies. Some of them claim to carry 'the flame of wisdom' through the generations.
Hello again,
The inspiration for me is liber OZ by Crowley. This is manifistation of absolute freedom. I agree with everything except the phrase about god. Here I am agnostic.
Maybe my character is close to the following lists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_of_ ... _Catholica
http://www.hermetic.com/sabazius/saints.html
The problem with the esoteric or secret societies is that they have failed to modernize and have taken psychopatic path (cult).
The word "subgenius" is applicable to me, but the present-day subgenius foundation is not serious, so it seems to me that like-minded people are not there.
There is also NPA(Narcissistic-Perfectionistic-Aggressive Type) . The difference is that I have tendency to highly concentrated thinking and innovation, but NPA - not. The difference test is simple: does the person is able to make something advanced (like pyramids in egypt time). :)
Also, there is similarity with polymath, because of broad view on reality.
The majority of societies' texts are on internet. For example here: http://www.sacred-texts.com
The reason I am trying to find the precise word is to network with like-minded people in order to share experience and not to reinvent everything from zero.
More ideas?
Diebert van Rhijn

igor wrote:The difference is that I have tendency to highly concentrated thinking and innovation, but NPA - not. The difference test is simple: does the person is able to make something advanced (like pyramids in egypt time). :)
What is it that you think is exactly so advanced to the pyramids? Just that it could be done on that scale?

Since you make a point of making advanced things, what have you made so far in terms of thinking and innovation? Anything you'd care to share, apart from listing names of others? I'm just curious, not looking for a way to judge your character or something.
The majority of societies' texts are on internet. For example here: http://www.sacred-texts.com
Oh. I assumed you actually dealt with them, not only read the mostly exoteric texts. Most of them keep the 'secret' that is often some 'understanding' alive through some process of initiation only.
The reason I am trying to find the precise word is to network with like-minded people in order to share experience and not to reinvent everything from zero.
Fair enough. The reason I proposed 'maverick' was one of its meanings: "An unbranded range animal, especially a calf that has become separated from its mother".