The bumbling antics of CP

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Ryan Rudolph

The bumbling antics of CP

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

I’ve recently realized that I have been misinterpreting Quinn, Solway and Kelly Jones.

Many times I have disagreed with their arguments only because the language they used conflicted with my conditioning (language), and this is ultimately the cause of much of my resistance.

But upon closer examination, I agree with most of Quinn’s, Solways and Kjones statements.

I remember Quinn said something like:

Causality is the creator of all things. Which I interrupted as: Quinn and Solway worshipped causality as some sort of godhead.

Obviously my mistake.

So I do agree that all intellectual activity is ultimately caused so choice and control are an illusion.

The language was throwing me off.

Also the discussion Quinn and Kelly Jones are currently having on logic is quite sane, rational.

but the language is quite new to me so it is something I will have to grow accustom to.

So basically I’ve been quarreling with three phantoms that weren’t really there.

I’ve been swinging an old rusty sword in the dark and hitting nothing but air….

Oops…

Therefore I’m taking a little time off from large postings until I warm up to the language you’re all using.

And Leyla, I have one humble request, no more in depth descriptions of your body please. I’m trying to be an asexual being here, and you’re making it awfully hard girl… no I’m serious, you’re literally making it awfully hard…

I'm a male in his early twenties meaning the biological urge is still quite intense, I dont have age on my side like some of these veteran sages so a little compassion please.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

We've settled into certain language patterns here, but this forum is actually language-agnostic. I for one am always interested in how different people express things. I think there's a lot that can be learned from that.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Ryan,
And Leyla, I have one humble request, no more in depth descriptions of your body please. I’m trying to be an asexual being here, and you’re making it awfully hard girl… no I’m serious, you’re literally making it awfully hard…
I am well aware of the power you allow me to wield. Thank you.
I'm a male in his early twenties meaning the biological urge is still quite intense, I dont have age on my side like some of these veteran sages so a little compassion please.
But I am being compassionate. I don't want you getting caught up in the idea that the fact that you have little hair on your face bars you from wisdom and sagehood. Who knows, if you get wise first, the beard might come all of its own accord, eh?

Obviously, vaginal hair is not a symbol of wisdom.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Matt wrote:
I for one am always interested in how different people express things. I think there's a lot that can be learned from that.
Agreed, understanding different ways of communicating the same thing prevents confusion. It is a skill I need to drastically work on.

Leyla wrote:
Who knows, if you get wise first, the beard might come all of its own accord, eh?
I could just stop buying shaving equipment altogether, but I cannot do that yet because I serve a function within society that doesn’t permit long facial hair.

Total minimalism is almost impossible.

If I had the option to be a hermit, things would be different. I would definitely stop shaving because shaving is painful.

Your face breaks out in rashes, and if your blade is dull it cuts your face up.