Cleverness is exalted, intelligence is hated

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Rhett

Cleverness is exalted, intelligence is hated

Post by Rhett »

Cleverness is exalted, intelligence is hated.
The clever create complex delusion, so they remain unintelligent.

The clever are more capable of putting up walls.
Write more, put up more walls, to keep the Truth at a distance.

Wean the clever from walling? Squeeze the best from their tiny value?
Better know which way they want to go.

Which way do you want to go?

Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Which way do you want to go?

I want people to write in proper English, rather than attempting to pump up their ego's by writing clever little quips, and thinking what clever little philosophical guru's they are.
kjones

Post by kjones »

Yeah, all this writing-pleasure makes me softer and more speculative. It's like a drug. Each time, it spawns more and more, and I keep swallowing my vomit, then spewing it out again.

Better toughen up, stop, calm down. Otherwise it's just an imposter trying to remember something, running on, endlessly in hell.

I've got too much work to do, to stay here. Too much stopping to do. Sorry sore ears.

-
propellerbeanie

Re: Cleverness is exalted, intelligence is hated

Post by propellerbeanie »

Rhett wrote:.

I don't believe any proof can be found for this statement, because cleverness and intelligence are about the same. Further, Judging by the U.S. the worst thing anyone could say about a corrupt idiot like Clinton was that he was slick, which equates well with clever. But people happily voted for some one every one could see was stupid, uneducated, unintelligent, and un-clever to replace him. We fear both the clever and the intelligent in government, and in general we doubt anyone we have to deal with who is more intelligent than ourselves. The united states has the most deliberatly uneducated people in the world as citizens, and they have good sense to fear the well educated and intelligent. But seeing the damage an ignoramous can do with unlimited power should give even the retarded cause to think. And I don't advocate rule by those who know as Socrates. Rather, I say we cannot expect democracy to be any better than the ability of the people to know the facts and guess the truth, and if education must be bought at a cost of perpetual debt, and intelligence is a government monopoly there will be a democracy of the rich, education for the rich, and ignorence, poverty, and powerlessness for the poor.
The way things are being run is giving everyone a chance to reshuffle the cards. When it comes to mistakes, those made by the intelligent are only fewer, while bozos like bush leave a trail as long as his life.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

Rhett: Cleverness is exalted, intelligence is hated.

Propeller: I don't believe any proof can be found for this statement, because cleverness and intelligence are about the same.
I see you working with the terms 'ignorance' and 'intelligence'. Yet you don't really find those you call intelligent, intelligent, do you?

Creative Fossil

Post by Creative Fossil »

blah blah blah

when someone makes a nonsense post there really is only one reply...........blah blah blah
propellerbeanie

Rhett: Cleverness is exalted, intelligence is hated.

Propeller: I don't believe any proof can be found for this statement, because cleverness and intelligence are about the same.
I see you working with the terms 'ignorance' and 'intelligence'. Yet you don't really find those you call intelligent, intelligent, do you?

Yes, I find those I call intelligent to be intelligent; but I define the term broadly enough to include myself.
Intelligence has played a large part in the successes I have known in my life; yet I am not particularly successful. Still, I am relatively happy, and grant my intelligence resulting in understanding is in great part responsible for that. Intelligence is only one quality leading to success and happiness, and these are perhaps sinequanon. Only in the sense that intelligence is feared is it hated. We like it in ourselves and fear it in others.
propellerbeanie

Creative Fossil wrote:blah blah blah

when someone makes a nonsense post there really is only one reply...........blah blah blah
Blah blah blah is called the creative fallacy, for obvious reasons by people who track such things, I guess, because if you can add nothing creatively you can still say blah. Better luck next time.
SBN Charles

Post by SBN Charles »

"Hatred, like love, is a projected phenomenon; that person
alone is hated who reminds one unpleasantly of oneself."

i have a quote from sex and character by otto weininger that might help you
propellerbeanie

SBN Charles wrote:

"Hatred, like love, is a projected phenomenon; that person
alone is hated who reminds one unpleasantly of oneself."

i have a quote from sex and character by otto weininger that might help you
Hate is the obverse of fear.