Writings of Miklos Nagy

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Greg Shantz

Writings of Miklos Nagy

Post by Greg Shantz »

I met Miklos Nagy and he gave me his writings, all forty-eight pages of it. Here are a few quotes before I get the whole thing typed and post it. It's pretty Christian-based but there's still some good stuff. Used without permission.
-History repeats itself, so does nature but life is a line. We must not repeat offensive actions over and over again. Move forward on the lifeline.
-I don’t feel that I have to be perfect to give my life for or to some thing or purpose. As long as I try and my motive is good there will be no failure.
I say the brain of God is the Universe and all that’s in it. We, as humans can’t seem to understand and get past His foot, which happens to be the last thing we see and feel as we get the boot.
So what does God look like? Maybe it is the energy within that controls the appearances without. Maybe our soul has an influence on our brain which in turn defines our physical realities of appearances and maybe even our habitat or environment. The brain can do amazing things and Time Life is chocked full of examples in a series of books called Into the Unknown.
Okay, that's all I can find for now. Maybe I will post some more if I get bored.
kjones

Re: Writings of Miklos Nagy

Post by kjones »

He sounds interesting. A bit wafty and superstitious in places, but worth posting some more, if you can be bothered.

The last quote was a turn-off. Did he write an actual series of books called Into the Unknown, or is this a metaphor?
Sapius

Post by Sapius »

kjones wrote:Did he write an actual series of books called Into the Unknown, or is this a metaphor?
Kelly, otherwise I see that you are very good at English, but how did you arrive at the above conclusion.

I know that 'Time Life' is a publishing company, and most probably what he is trying to say is that the question, "So what does God look like?" and the multitude of answers to that question which a brain can come up with, can be found in numerous books by different writers under a series called 'Into the Unknown'. I have not know of any such series, but looking at his above quotes, what he is also trying to say is that that does not really matter, which makes sense to me.
kjones

Post by kjones »

I think your interpretation is right, Sapius. As soon as I gathered he meant, "Life is a mystery", I thought he was selling something. I concluded he must be an author, promoting his own series of mystery-thrillers.

This is why I found the quote a turn-off, and didn't bother investigating his unknown series.
Greg Shantz

Post by Greg Shantz »

These are the writings of Miklos Nagy, the full version. I think he is too stuck in the Christian mentality, but there are still some good things contained herein.

http://grshantz.topcities.com/sim/miklosnagy.html

If there is any problems with the formatting or spelling, it is probably because I tried to stay as close to Nagy's manuscript as possible.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I am glad to read things. Ultimately, however, I think his quotes are rather mediocre and I do not mean that as an insult of any kind. I have read far more interesting things on Genius.

Faizi
williamashley

Post by williamashley »

Hey Greg, just stopping in and saying I found the thread.

He seems to place himself into other things states, casting awareness as to what other things must feel like.

Although I do not agree with all his statements especially the need for 5 food groups if they are diary/meat/fruits and vegtables and cereals, and junkfood. Being vegan I do not eat from dairy or meat.
Bondi

Post by Bondi »

Who is this "Miklos Nagy"? (That is, Nagy Miklós.) Is this text only a translation? Just wondering, because a Hungarian original would explain the 'strange' composition such as the mixture of the English "conscience", "conscious" and "awareness".

The writing does seem mediocre. Seems he just wanted to fix or catch some of his thoughts coming and going. I can't really find the centre, at the first glance at least, it's more of a chaotic "diary" of wandering on the periphery.