David Quinn's site has moved

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
David Quinn

David Quinn's site has moved

Post by David Quinn »

Hi all,

My site has been moved to another address, as my old internet account with Primus is being wound up. I have put the front page on Kevin's site, which will now be its permanent home.

http://theabsolute.net/dquinn/

David Quinn

-
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

David, I was looking at your site and read the part about the Larkin Debate.

The links to the Commentary Thread don't work. Is that because of the problems EZ Board had? Is it still around somewhere?

In spite of that, it was a very interesting read.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Yeah, the Ponderer's Guild took that thread down. The Chuang-Tzu link is also broken, I noticed.
MKFaizi

Post by MKFaizi »

I was surprised to see some of my old writing included under the Quality Posts section.

I was SO passionate back then. Interesting that I mentioned having burned many lives to ashes -- I really had no clue back then how many more lives I had left to burn up. Boy howdy, did I burn some since 1998. I think I am pretty well done.

I have learned quite a bit since 1998.

Thanks for preserving some of that writing, David. I will get my kids to read it some day.

One of my favorite posts was the one I wrote about a "leap of faith." I remember being disappointed that it garnered little or no response. Nice to see it preserved.

I am not the same person that I was in 1998. I do not have the same desire to shock or provoke or challenge -- at least not in the same way or for the same reasons.

Now, when I go for the jugular, I just go for the jugular. No fanfare. I used to be more like a rattler. Now, I am more like a cottonmouth moccasin. Not much of a rattle but just as venomous -- when the need
presents itself. More and more, the need for venom only presents itself in the face of untruth. The ego of others does not whet my desire. I am sickened by it and will not bite. It's a false dangling. I am interested only in the flesh of truth not the false promise of it.

I have learned much on Genius in eight years.

I am thankful that I stumbled upon the Thinking Man's Minefield that long ago. Well worth the investment of years.

Faizi
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Yes, I like those old writings of yours back then. They display a rawness which is quite rare. One really has to have a raging passion for truth if one is going to succeed in breaking through into enlightenment, and your posts back then tap into that passion.

It looks like I'm going to have to create my own Chuang Tzu page. That's what I should have done from the outset, I suppose. External links are always a dubious proposition. The same with the commentary thread on the Larkin debate.

-
Greg Pike

Post by Greg Pike »

David,

I have the entire Chuang Tzu section saved to my harddrive.

I can give you a copy if your interested.
Greg
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

That would be great, thanks

-
Kevin Solway

Wayback machine

Post by Kevin Solway »

You can also find the Chuang Tzu texts here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200410091558 ... huang-tzu/

Through using the Wayback Machine (via archived versions of theabsolute.net).
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Even better.

-
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

I should also mention that the "Quality Posts" section is a work in progress. With a bit of luck, I will be adding to it in the weeks and months to come.

-
Kevin Solway

Commentary on Larkin Debate

Post by Kevin Solway »

The commentary on the Larkin debate is now available here:

http://www.theabsolute.net/genius/larkincommentary.html
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

It only links to the first page of the commentary thread. No sign of the other twenty pages.

-
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

DavidQuinn000 wrote:It only links to the first page of the commentary thread. No sign of the other twenty pages.
-
There's 34 pages all in one, it just takes a while to download.
DHodges

Larkin Commentary

Post by DHodges »

ksolway wrote:There's 34 pages all in one, it just takes a while to download.
Wow! I read far too much of that today.

The main point seemed to be: What possible good is enlightenment, unless you can prove to other people that you have it?

Damn.

Obviously you have to be able to demonstrate your enlightenment, or you can't use it to pick up chicks.