Fractal Geometry

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
sevens

Fractal Geometry

Post by sevens »

Through the power of T.V., I happened to come across a program dealing with the ever-fascinating phenomenon of fractal geometry. What initially struck me, was, the immense power inherent within these beautiful patterns of function and form. It dawned on me that it is fractal geometry that really contains the pure essence of everything! What the hell does that mean? Well, these patterns, cascading their way through spacetime, infinite in detail and equally perplexing in structure, house the "nodes of existence." Nodes simply: that which connects information through a network. For instance, if we assign a series of memory (through space and time): XT.1, and another with XT.2, and yet a third with XT.3 -- forming a triad in the "now of existence" -- we arrive at an interesting conclusion. The ability to travel through time is contingent solely on memory and abstraction. Our normal binary mode of thought, links two memories together resulting in a new conclusion. With triad thought (and potentially more complex nodes), you reach "definite entry" into new worlds of being.

Seeing that our brain is a vast network of information, fractral geometry: more so than calculus, more so than algebra, more so than any other math, contains the potential for the highest understanding of experience: The highest potential for the elimination of fear induced living.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Shut Up
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

I like how people constantly try to find the pattern of the universe within a small part of the universe. If you were smart you'd know you can't. If there were some sort of microcosm that we could detect, it'd follow that the corresponding macrocosm would match it just in a much larger scale.

It'd be easy to think of if the universe had boundaries...which it doesn't. If the milky way were all of existence, then we could come up with some sort of pattern of life. I'm sure scientists could stretch theories onto that one.

There are so many different types of events occuring in the outer reaches of space, as the ever popular hubble telescope shows us every once in a while....there isn't a pattern you can find, since the pattern is everything. You can't find everything, or place it into an equation or geometrical shape.

Do you think fractals represent something because seashells have a spiralling shape?

Haha. Fractals don't represent anything useful. Well, I take that back......if you do acid it might be fun to think about fractals being the framework of all existence.

;-P
DHodges

Re: Fractal Geometry

Post by DHodges »

sevens wrote:It dawned on me that it is fractal geometry that really contains the pure essence of everything!
I wouldn't say that, but there is something of value to be learned from fractals. Fractals are very complex, but are generated by simple formulas. They demonstrate the idea of "extreme sensitivity to initial conditions", and why analog systems are fundamentally different from digital systems in terms of repeatability : apparent randomness arises in an analog system, because initial conditions can not be re-set exactly; there will always be some slight variation.

For well-behaved functions, a small variation in initial conditions generates a small change in the output. That may not be the case when considering fractals or chaotic systems.

I think this is important in understanding apparent free will. The brain is a very complex, analog system. At a given time, it will be in a particular state, and it will never be in that exact state again (although it may be in a very similar state). But a very small change in initial conditions can lead to large changes in output - different decisions made in seemingly identical situations. So, although it is a completely deterministic system, what it will do is not predictable.

There is nothing magical about this, and the same can be done with analog electrical circuits. If fact, it did happen in the early days of analog computers.
sevens

Fractal In-Light

Post by sevens »

Fractals, and any simple formula that may represent them, contains the essence of the Universe: Nothing. Zero.

Take a good look at nature, and you may see. But not that kind of good look, no. Take away ego-thought from your brain, enter into the emptiness of your mind. The infinite complexity, shot through into beautiful complexity -- simple as Truth. Audio-Visuals. In-Lighten-Mint. Color and Form. Psyche-Delic -- In the Void, without any void (bias).

Due to their infinite nature, fractals house infinite Meta-4.

Fractrals, show us that asymmetry doesn't exist in Nature. Ever-thing is symmetrical: Causality is beautiful. { and not -} is Infinite.

The geo-metrical forms, similar to the geoseic disk, are illusions constructed in our mind. With fractal geo-metry, the solid forms that we view, are interpreted with flow. This flow within the mind, allows audio and visual, to be merged with light. Resulting in a new equation, for a new paradigm.

Geo + Geo = Calc-ium + Alg-ee.
Last edited by sevens on Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

sevens are you just trying to sound stupid?

Fractals, and any simple formula that may represent them, contains the essence of the Universe: Nothing. Zero. Nada.

The essense of the Universe is nothing/zero/nada? Well then what is that computer you're typing on? Is that nothing? Is it composed of NOTHING? Are your thoughts nothing? Is the concept of truth nothing? Why are you even talking if this is all nothing?

You're stupid first of all because you think the essence of the universe is nothing. You've mixed up and mistaken true ideas, like the whole form being empty thing. That doesn't mean all of this is nothing.

Take a good look at nature, and can see. But not that kind of good look, no. Take away ego-thought from your brain, enter into the emptiness of your mind.

So you want me to go outside and look at the trees swaying in the breeze, without my ego...whatever the ego is. Do you really think you can remove the ego from your mind?

Is there an emptiness of mind? I don't think there is...unless you're just talking about stupid/pure awareness. Nondualistic types call this the self, but I call it wasted brain processing. When you sit there in a daze without thinking a thought...yep! That's a very useful state of mind! ;-P

The infinite complexity, shot through into beautiful complexity -- simple as Truth.

What? What need is there to capitalize truth? You just sound like a religious nut.

Audio-Visuals. In-Lighten-Mint.

Are you stoned?

[i/]Color and Form. Psyche-Delic -- In the Void, without any void (bias).[/i]

Void? There isn't such a thing, you know. Are you on acid?

Due to their infinite nature, fractals house infinite Meta-4.

I don't know what that is or care to know what it is, because it sounds like you're just full of insane theories.

Fractrals, show us that asymmetry doesn't exist in Nature. Ever-thing is symmetrical: Causality is beautiful. { and not -} is Infinite.

What the fuck does this mean? Your sentences are like complexly flawed mathematical equations. Make sense. Stop writing from your overblown feelings and start thinking clearly.

The geo-metrical forms, similar to the geoseic disk, are illusions constructed in our mind. With fractal geo-metry, the solid forms that we view, are interpreted with flow. This flow within the mind, allows audio and visual, to be merged with light. Resulting in a new equation, for a new paradigm.

You're a moron. We look at "solid forms" and interpret them. There is no flow within the mind allowing sensory products to be mixed with "light". What the fuck does that mean? Do you think mental projections are "light"? Take a step out into "nature" and look at the sun. That's light. Your mental images are just mental images. Stop being so spiritual.

Geo + Geo = Calc-ium + Alg-ee.

Uhh...you must be on some sort of drug. What does calcium and algae have to do with anything. Geo? World + world = a mineral + a plant.....yeah. What the fuck kind of writing is this, sevens?
sevens

Form

Post by sevens »

SS,

When I write it tends to be abstract. That's the way I normally think, so that's the way I tend to write. No, I'm not high.

When your mind is empty, you enter into the void. A void that is still, your mind.

Best represented, I think, through the abstract patterns found in fractal geometry. Everything that these patterns project: their collective sensation, is emptiness.

Fractions forming a whole.

Microcosm, found inside the macrocosm.

From one perspective, you find the microcosm inside the macrocosm. And from another, you find the macrocosm, inside the microcosm. An inverse square law. The boundary, that once crossed, enters you into Infinity.

All math, all physics, all science is not only describing the world outside us; it is describing the world inside us. How do you measure psychological states?

Humans communicating with technology.
Blair

Re: Form

Post by Blair »

sevens wrote:No, I'm not high.
You may not be, but you certainly sound like someone who is. Come on; nature is amazing, wow this universe is so full of light and wonder, we can all transcend and become pure love and splendour.

You are just speaking bullshit. Reality is what it is, it's not special or wonderful or anything else.
sevens

Post by sevens »

Yes.
LooF

Post by LooF »

words that sound good to your mind does come from your heart

blah blah blah
sevens

E.Q. Adjust

Post by sevens »

Fractal Equation :::

If X is emptiness; a mind void of conceptual thought.

And Y is the external variable (your environment).

Z: formlessness.

(X/Y) + Z = Infinity

(left is fractal) | (right unbounded)
sevens

Me and My Monkey

Post by sevens »

On the Radio:

"Everybody's got something to hide, except for me and my monkey..."

"The deeper you go! The higher you fly! The higher you fly! The deeper

you go! So, come on!"

Why did I post it!

Because it was in Infinity.

X-Factoral calculations of the cerebellium frontalious.
sevens

1/Infinity

Post by sevens »

Hyperthesis on Mind Frames:

1. Theta waves are present in the void; in the emptiness of space, and time. Delta waves break through, when we enter into the abyss of our dreaming, subconsious mind.

2. Fractals construct through iteritive process : repeating patterns, formed from triangle; Infinite in complexity - each "part," containing "the whole." A dynamic micro/macro relationship.

3. With the simple formula: Theta/Delta (Greek Alphabet: Circle with a dot in the center, over an equallateral triangle), emperical knowledge intersects philosophical Truth, at a vital pivot.

4. It is my belief, that the subconscious mind forms mental relationships through fractal processing. When coupled (or, more appriopriately, transmutated) with the conscious theta brain wave, the active individual experiences a partnership of microcosm and macrocosm, dream and dreamer, self and I: Enlightenment.

Through the combination of neuroscience, philosophy, and geometry, we can begin to really piece together this thing we call existence. An existence that is only located, within, each one of us.
bert

Post by bert »

interesting read.

Personally,in contrast to yours,I see the universe as more organism.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

You're both lost in the realm of forms. You will never find truth there.

-
bert

Post by bert »

2. Fractals construct through iteritive process : repeating patterns, formed from triangle; Infinite in complexity - each "part," containing "the whole." A dynamic micro/macro relationship.
about this triangle:
formula of an eternal triangle:
time,emotion,and relationship.
sevens

Post by sevens »

D,

Don't you despise, when you know what you know, and someone comes along claiming that you're false.

Wanna have a Buddha battle?
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

I have no interest in battling your empty fluff. I'm simply telling you outright that you are extremely deluded in continuing to focus on the realm of forms.

-
sevens

^_^

Post by sevens »

Empty Fluff
Like a cloud
Deep form dream
Monolith

Post by Monolith »

Fractal recursion along with the rest of Mathematics are pure Truths and are soulfully responsible for the formation of reality. It is a field of relations harmonizing to play the perfect chord of self(in fractally repeating patterns of evolving complexity.) He who wishes to deny the omnipotent control of mathematics is a mindless fool and will crumble to dust as a result. It sounds as though this place has become infected with argumentative egoism. I suggest we clean house!
All is One and that One is God