Check it Out! An enlightened woman.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Ras866

Check it Out! An enlightened woman.

Post by Ras866 »

I came across a sort of "blog" by this woman named Judi Rhodes, age 56. She seemed to have become enlightened. This is to all you guys who think that women are incapable of such a thing. I have talked to her though, she is a bitch in my opinion.

But anyway, here is a quote from her website http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/judi-1.htm
Realization is for strong, secure, emotionally mature, clear-headed, no-nonsense, healthy folks, people with both feet on the ground. It's not brain surgery, all it takes is common sense and the unflinching desire to understand, to uncover, to get to the bottom of the matter, to look at the truth of who you are come what may. It requires the courage to stand alone, because the ball lies entirely in your court. Let me tell you -- and I can't stress this strongly enough -- there has been so much nonsense promulgated about finding the truth of who you are in some "other," be it a lover, a guru, Jesus, or even some personal idea of "God." In other words, paying lip service to some imaginary being isn't going to cut it! Discovering the truth of who you are is not about playing emotional co-dependency games with some sort of "other." That said, let's go on.
You can see pictures and read essays that she wrote about her experiences. Pretty interesting.

Ras
kjones

Re: Check it Out! An enlightened woman.

Post by kjones »

Ras866 wrote:I came across a sort of "blog" by this woman named Judi Rhodes, age 56. She seemed to have become enlightened. This is to all you guys who think that women are incapable of such a thing. I have talked to her though, she is a bitch in my opinion.

But anyway, here is a quote from her website http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/judi-1.htm
This is exactly why women shouldn't be allowed in philosophy. They ape the teachings of the wise, so that the teachings seem plausible, but all along the aim is to build the ego up stronger than it ever was.
There is nothing you can *do* to enlighten yourself. If there was, I would tell you. It's a paradox and you either realize it or you don't.
This is plainly illogical. She's telling us how to think about enlightenment, and then saying that this is not possible - "there is no how" !

There are bucketloads of such women, who teach that consciousness is everything, there's nothing to do but accept what is. Gangaji is another example of this disgusting filth, designed to play on one's emotional instabilities and longings for peace:

http://www.gangaji.org/index.asp
*Reality* is a surprise much bigger than you could ever imagine, so profound that it encompasses all of time, space and creation... and yet, so perfectly intimate and close, that it begs for a kiss.
I'm sure she's kissing for all she's worth.

Kelly
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Kelly's right. She is not an enlightened woman.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

What happened to her then?
Ras866

Post by Ras866 »

kjones:
This is exactly why women shouldn't be allowed in philosophy. They ape the teachings of the wise, so that the teachings seem plausible, but all along the aim is to build the ego up stronger than it ever was.
Well, it isn't possible to say what you are saying about this woman. She had an experience with "The Truth" when she was a mere 26 years old. It was a rather spontaneous event and she'd had no prior spiritual or religious practices. Vis: http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/judintro.htm
Let me introduce myself for those of you who do not know me.

My name is Judi Rhodes, 58 years old.

In 1973, at the age of 26, while sitting with friends one evening, a curiousness overtook me as to the meaning of life. And in the moments that transpired I saw into the reality that there was no separate entities as such, and Life itself was just a process. I sat there completely speechless as if terrified, seeing into this deep reality, not knowing what to make of it. My friends thinking that there was something perhaps the matter with me, because I had fallen back against the wall on the bed where we were sitting, asked me if I was alright. The only thing I could say was that I was ok and left it at that.

I walked around dazed for a couple weeks not knowing what to make of this "pandora's box" that I had inadvertently opened, not being able to speak to anyone. I figured that this is what Jesus had been talking about, but he was dead, and who was I to speak with about this? It was then that I came upon Franklin Jones' (Da Free John) book "The Knee of Listening", and as I read his book, I cried, knowing that I was not alone in this Incredible Understanding.

And that is how I came to be a seeker.

For the next 23 years I studied, I met and worked with different teachers and had many insights and extraordinary subtle, out of body etc, etc. etc. experiences, but the experiences always ebbed and left me still in a seeking position. At the age of 50, suddenly one evening the whole adventure came to an end thru a crisis of understanding into my own activity of seeking and separateness. And "Judi" died. :-) Rest her soul. :-)

Now all that's here is consciousness. And I am that. Which is no one at all.
When she says that "Judi" died, she is probably referring to her "ego" death that enlightened beings speak of.
Ras866

Post by Ras866 »

Here is a more thorough explanation of how she achieved this "state of being", whatever it is. http://www.users.uniserve.com/~samuel/judi-2.htm
The End of Seeking - How I Became Self Realized

Basically, it all enfolded this past March (1997) Stephen and I had been fighting, as usual, and I left for a couple weeks to housesit (sheep-sit) for a friend. I had some time to spend alone for a welcome change. One cold evening, I fixed a nice fire in the wood burning stove, and I got to thinking about how hurt and disappointed and heart broken I was in Stephen's behavior and the whole "situation". Then it is like my whole life came crashing in on me with that same hurt and disappointment. Disappointment as in - I felt that I had given it (life) my best shot and here I was heart broken. I felt that I should have been *beyond* being hurt like I was, because I considered myself such a happy somewhat *enlightened* person and dealt with life, I thought just fine. But not this time. And, I didn't know what to do about it. There was no action I could take to make the hurt and hopelessness of my situation go away. I just couldn't have been a more loving person. I had given my all and it still was not enough? What was I to do? I was major heart broken...major. So heart broken that I couldn't even cry, what I was doing was just looking at the truth of my situation. I saw that my whole life was wrapped up in seeking by trying to be this good loving person and it had brought me to this? Something was wrong then... definitely wrong. I had to change my *attack*. But what? I needed to do something different but I just didn't know how or what. I felt I had wasted my life. I felt that all my love and effort had been wasted. But the problem I was left with was I just didn't know who or *how* to be anymore, literally! It was though I had no "building blocks" with which to "construct" an identity for a life! The truth of what I felt was totally shocking.

What I realized was that my life was wrapped totally up in seeking, looking for a pay-off of God knows what? The feeling that consumed me was something on the order of "well, that's it, my life was over". Then, all of a sudden, this new energy filled me up and I knew and saw and felt in an instant the absurdity of what I thought my life was about. And what I realized was that I was everything that I had been seeking for. I was love, I was enlightenment, I was freedom, I was understanding, the very "thing" itself. I was "IT". There was no "I" that had ever been separated from anything, this was a new deal here, this was the real deal, "I" was the "real deal". You could say I was overjoyed... so completely overjoyed... that there was *no reason* to be overjoyed whatsoever, but I was none the less. I took advantage. And "taking advantage was/is a lot of fun to say the least,

Holy Kamoly...look out world, I have arrived, boy am I gonna have some fun with this! This enlightenment is right up my alley, cause I am one who loves to play and play HARD! :-) And the best part is...it's all true! My life now is one of no seeking (to borrow a phrase from Da), just the sheer utter enjoyment of being myself! I find myself in tears often just in the gratefulness of it all, and what I have been given. And, now that I have "settled down" somewhat, if you could call it that :-), that just by living my life and being myself I am hoping that others will "catch on" so they too can share in this realization with me. You could say I am in a very very good mood!
Maybe not "enlightened" in the QSR/kjones sense of the word (or maybe she is)... But it does seem like she can have original thoughts and has a mind of her own, which is contrary to the ideas about women put out in this forum.

Just another perspective, is all.

Ras
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

It's cool to look at a bunch of other people's perspectives, but you should find your own. If what she has sounds good to you, then do what she did, but don't do it through her. Become curious about your own existence like she did.

I just don't think that's enlightenment. She's had realizations, but she doesn't live the truth she's found. She lives in the state of mind and she's stuck in a rut. There's tons of people that get stuck there, in the feeling of "bliss" and a loss of identity.

Just remember that you're far more advanced than just feeling one thing all day, and not being able to function since you don't know the difference between yourself and the bagel you're trying to eat.

If you want enlightenment, keep looking. When someone says "all of a sudden..." and goes on to tell a story that makes no sense to you, it's probably because it's nothing real. It's just another illusion. You're advanced to the point of not finding some kind of personal truth in illusions.
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Yeah, all gurus sound alike to me. I can't tell the difference between them.
kjones

Post by kjones »

Ras866 wrote:From Judi Rhodes:

In 1973, at the age of 26, while sitting with friends one evening, a curiousness overtook me as to the meaning of life. And in the moments that transpired I saw into the reality that there was no separate entities as such, and Life itself was just a process.

...... I came upon Franklin Jones' (Da Free John) book "The Knee of Listening", and as I read his book, I cried, knowing that I was not alone in this Incredible Understanding.
It sounds as if Judi had a baby intuition about the boundlessness of Nature, but in her excitement, and for lack of any genuine teachers, mistook Adi Da's autobiography for something reasonable. I think both she and Adi Da went astray by longing for something grandiose, and this has caused them to give Reality all kinds of heavenly aspects.

I couldn't paste any extracts from Adi Da's website, oddly enough, but here is a short description of It, Bright, Source, Perfect Form (etc.):
on the level of my earliest recognition of It, It was the ''ordinary'' condition of even my conscious awareness. It was Consciousness itself, Radiant and Awake. It was my simple (human and Ultimate) State, Prior to even any experience.
And so on.... It's very clear that Adi Da is painting up a god to worship, having found the lack of boundaries to things sufficiently disturbing to have to create a massive pleasurable entity, himself. That he calls it free from dilemma and unconsciousness is quite a sign.

For Judi, his autobiography led her to give no importance to the intellect (reasoning), and all importance to mystical experiences (ego-drugs). She did the rounds of the mystics for 23 years ! How terrible that she was never led to find the building blocks she sought. I conclude she was so disheartened that at the age of 50, she gave up, and in revenge, has created her frothy piece of witlessness to console herself.

Now all that's here is consciousness. And I am that. Which is no one at all.
See: she's still chasing a dualistic division of Reality to prop up her ego.

When she says that "Judi" died, she is probably referring to her "ego" death that enlightened beings speak of.
No, she was reborn, and in the most terrible way. I seriously doubt she will ever find her way out of that hole. Read this passage very skeptically:
I felt that I should have been *beyond* being hurt like I was, because I considered myself such a happy somewhat *enlightened* person and dealt with life, I thought just fine. But not this time. And, I didn't know what to do about it. There was no action I could take to make the hurt and hopelessness of my situation go away. I just couldn't have been a more loving person. I had given my all and it still was not enough? What was I to do? I was major heart broken...major. So heart broken that I couldn't even cry, what I was doing was just looking at the truth of my situation. I saw that my whole life was wrapped up in seeking by trying to be this good loving person and it had brought me to this? Something was wrong then... definitely wrong. I had to change my *attack*. But what? I needed to do something different but I just didn't know how or what. I felt I had wasted my life. I felt that all my love and effort had been wasted. But the problem I was left with was I just didn't know who or *how* to be anymore, literally! It was though I had no "building blocks" with which to "construct" an identity for a life! The truth of what I felt was totally shocking.

What I realized was that my life was wrapped totally up in seeking, looking for a pay-off of God knows what?
In other words, she had no idea where truth could be found. So, she opted for the easiest destination: what she already knew and was comfortable with....
The feeling that consumed me was something on the order of "well, that's it, my life was over". Then, all of a sudden, this new energy filled me up and I knew and saw and felt in an instant the absurdity of what I thought my life was about. And what I realized was that I was everything that I had been seeking for. I was love, I was enlightenment, I was freedom, I was understanding, the very "thing" itself. I was "IT". There was no "I" that had ever been separated from anything, this was a new deal here, this was the real deal, "I" was the "real deal". You could say I was overjoyed... so completely overjoyed... that there was *no reason* to be overjoyed whatsoever, but I was none the less. I took advantage. And "taking advantage was/is a lot of fun to say the least,

Holy Kamoly...look out world, I have arrived, boy am I gonna have some fun with this! This enlightenment is right up my alley, cause I am one who loves to play and play HARD! :-) And the best part is...it's all true! My life now is one of no seeking (to borrow a phrase from Da), just the sheer utter enjoyment of being myself! I find myself in tears often just in the gratefulness of it all, and what I have been given. And, now that I have "settled down" somewhat, if you could call it that :-), that just by living my life and being myself I am hoping that others will "catch on" so they too can share in this realization with me. You could say I am in a very very good mood!
Interestingly enough, I had an experience pretty much identical when I was 26. It caused me to go swimming in the ocean and play with the fishies. No different to the rest of the seaside daisies.

Kelly
Kevin Solway

Post by Kevin Solway »

I find it funny how she can go from being the most deluded person on the planet (ie, "the most loving") to being enlightened, instantaneously!
Ras866

Post by Ras866 »

sschaula:
If what she has sounds good to you, then do what she did, but don't do it through her. Become curious about your own existence like she did.
Are you kidding me, man? She is a royal bitch. I have talked to her and she straight up insulted me. Have you seen her pic? She even looks evil. All I'm saying though is that women are susceptible to original thought and discovery just like men are.

If you want to see of how much of a pain in the ass she is just check out her dialogue on this mailing list (She is very prone to insult and degrade people). About everyone on the list is fed up with her. http://lists.topica.com/lists/actualfreedom/read

Go back a few months to read the beginnings of her postings if you're interested
http://lists.topica.com/lists/actualfre ... tart=11226
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

Ras866 wrote:
All I'm saying though is that women are susceptible to original thought and discovery just like men are.
Susceptible to original thought?

Is original thought some sort of disease, or do you mean that it's something out there that even women have access to?

What exactly about this woman's thought is original?
Ras866

Post by Ras866 »

The fact that she arrived at her ulitmate goal in her own way, through her own trials and errors, shows originality.
Leyla Shen

THE ORIGIN OF PRINCESSES

Post by Leyla Shen »

Ras866 wrote:
The fact that she arrived at her ulitmate goal in her own way, through her own trials and errors, shows originality.
So, where you end up -- in her case, as the "self-realised Princess of the Victory of God !” -- has nothing to do with originality of thought, only that you got there through your own trials and errors?

I’m not sure I see the originality in that. In fact, I would suggest that most people get where they get through trial and error.

Perhaps you find the mere fact that she appears to have had an ultimate goal as original -- but, since we were talking about “original thought,” that would mean that you saw her as setting off to become a “self-realised Princess of the Victory of God” and becoming it. Yet, you don’t even appear to be sure of what that means, really.

Ras866 wrote:
Here is a more thorough explanation of how she achieved this "state of being", whatever it is.

Does it appear to be original because you don’t understand it?
Ras866

Post by Ras866 »

Look, the bitch is Enlightened. She is Self-Realized. She has Transcended desire and suffering. Her ego died. All of that is in the website. Using the word "original" for her condition was sloppy praising on my part. She isn't original because a lot of people in the past have become Self-Realized. A lot of people have done what she has done. No big deal. As I understand it on this site, however--Self-Realization, Transcendence of suffering, Knowledge of The Truth, and all that good stuff is only applicable to men and masculine types. She sounds pretty feminine and yet her condition matches that which is described as Nirvana.
Last edited by Ras866 on Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Rowden

Re: THE ORIGIN OF PRINCESSES

Post by Dan Rowden »

Prima facie, she seems like a moron to me. One look at her website tells me that. Very girly. And she says, what, exactly? Nothing concrete that I could see, just typical wishy washy, nebulous scripts. All very familiar. I don't see how anyone could perceive originality in it.

Anyway, I've signed up to her email list. Her reaction to me ought to be interesting to watch.

Dan Rowden
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

Also, this woman isn't enlightened in the sense of comprehending/experiencing the nature of Reality. Rather, she has gone in the opposite direction - namely, she has settled down into a kind of animal consciousness. Animals don't follow gurus either. Like her, all they have is the here and now.

As others have suggested, there is nothing original in settling down in animal consciousness and calling this "enlightenment". It is probably the most common religious trend in the West today, particularly with those who pursue the eastern religions. She would have very aware of this trend in the 23 years of her guru-worshipping.

So really, all she did was give up the fight and follow everyone else.

-
sschaula

Post by sschaula »

Ras866,

If Nirvana were ignorance then I'd choose to live in hell, and figure out the facts. It's a choice.
Ras866

Post by Ras866 »

If Nirvana were ignorance then I'd choose to live in hell, and figure out the facts.
Me too.
Leyla Shen

Post by Leyla Shen »

drowden wrote:Anyway, I've signed up to her email list. Her reaction to me ought to be interesting to watch.
Definitely. I hope you plan on keeping us posted.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Well, this is an example of her "output". If someone would like to decipher it for me they're most welcome to try:
Bubba Free John:

Fear leads us to obsessive concentration, one-pointedness, thought, knowledge, inwardness, belief, illusions of certainty, self, and ritual repetitions of experience.

Freedom allows us to expand, to feel without qualifications, to communicate with all conditions and beings, and to commune with the eternal and present paradox that is reality prior to all qualifications.

Finding ourselves alive in an independent form, vulnerable and subject to death, we become frightened, afraid of extinction. This fearful mood motivates us in all that we hope, believe, and do. We seek the consolation that we will continue in the face of the threat of death. This urge for consolation enters into all of our considerations. Any belief in our own continuation after death is created in our need to be consoled. Thus, if we are to discover the destiny beyond physical death, we must first of all become free of the demand for consolation that causes us merely to believe rather than to inspect, to understand and be free. Otherwise, we could never be certain that we are not just believing because we are afraid. We cannot be certain of our own spiritual and religious hopes and beliefs unless we are completely free of the need to be consoled. We might observe something about life that implies continuation after death, but we cannot be certain so long as we feel compelled to believe it as a consolation for our fear.

Until you yourself become free of fear altogether, free of the need to be consoled, you have no way of knowing with any certainty whether or not you will survive death. If you consider the possible future, you notice that, to a large degree, fear determines what you choose to believe or observe about survival after death. Iow, you cannot feel certain about survival - or anything - until you are free of this fear.

Until there is this freedom form fear there is no knowledge whatsoever. There are just ideas, hopes and beliefs, all of which are very superficial, because fear is stronger. We are not really consoled even then.

Fear is projected on all our experience, but it not itself inherent in all things. It is a characteristic of our usual condition that we project on all our experience and circumstance. Examine it as our experience itself and see if fear is inherent in all tings or if it is a characteristic of your own consciousness that is unnecessary. There is no information that can liberate you from it, because our whole involvement with information and knowledge is secondary to fear itself. Thus, freedom from fear is based on a fundamental liberation that occurs prior to external causes. You cannot even talk about the Divine in any sense that is fully satisfying, happy and free until you are already free of fear. Belief in God is not the way to become free of fear. It is merely consolation. If we are to enjoy communion with God, we must be free of fear already.

Devotee: I've been sitting here feeling and observing fear, and something about it seems to be just the opposite and your admonition is to radiate. Fear is just the opposite, the collapse of that forceful presence. It seems to be simply a contraction of it.

Bubba: Can you radiate fear? If you bring the quality of radiance to the position of fear, can you continue to fear?

You are in touch with this fear. It is not even that you are afraid, because being afraid implies that you are responding to something objective. You are fear itself. If you were aware of fear (and you have no choice, no option, because you *are* fear), and if you were to radiate in that position of fear, what would happened to fear?

Devotee: Well, you would think it would be obviated, but...

Bubba: Don't think about it, do it! Radiate from this position of fear. Completely experience it. Feel as fear - which is quite natural. You do not have to get hysterical to do it. It is already there, you see. Well, radiate from this position. Okay, what happens to fear, what is it when you radiate?

Devotee: It doesn't seem to have any negative force.

Bubba: When you radiate from the position of fear and fear is transformed, how would you describe yourself then? What is the quality of the feeling? If you radiated from your ordinary position of fear without ceasing, what would it be? Do it. Is it still fear?

Devotee: No, it's not.

Bubba: What is it?

Devotee: It is love.

Bubba: Does it have an object?

Devotee: No, it doesn't necessarily have a particular object.

Bubba: Love can be projected onto objects, just as fear may, but it has no object. It is itself a fundamental condition, *the* fundamental condition of existence, just as fear in the other case is the fundamental condition of your existence.

Devotee: That principle does not become operative when love is operative. So love obviates fear in that moment.

Bubba: What is most fundamental, love or fear?

Devotee: It seems that fear is not exactly a superimposition on love, but a disturbance of love. And it seems that love is first and fundamental.

Bubba: Yes, fear is secondary to love. Fear is a kind of distortion of the original form, the original condition. It is unnecessary. So we become free of fear by abiding in our native or prior condition, not imploded, not engaged in the reaction that is fear. Thus, rather than projecting that contraction on all our experience, we exist as love, effortless, unobstructed feeling. Usually all our effort is a response to the seen of fear and the aggravation of experience. But from the point of view of love, which is not fear, we are no longer in need of consolation. We may simply be satisfied in our ordinary relations then. And we may be free to observe the conditions of existence, of experience, of knowledge.

Now, it is a different matter altogether from assuming that you can become free of fear merely by thinking about it, by analyzing it. People like to think that, in a moment of reflection, they can become completely free of fear. One well-known spiritual philosopher continually tells his casual audience that they can become completely free of fear in the course of an evening's consideration. You are simply to sit there and think about it, and then when you leave the auditorium you will be completely free of fear! You like this idea of going inside, working on yourselves, being philosophical, or thinking things through, and believing that such activity is supposed to be or lead to salvation and happiness and freedom. But the spiritual demand is a moral demand. There is no freedom until subjectivity or mere consideration becomes an incident, new adaptation, a new practice of life. Literal love, which feels beyond all the limiting forces of experience, is the highest and most necessary philosophical activity or process. In that case you observe that you are already completely free of fear, whereas mere thought is self-mediation and a strategy in dilemma, fear and lovelessness.

You cannot become free of fear through mere philosophical or subjective reflection. That is total nonsense. Fear arises in our contraction, our withdrawal from the pattern of our relations, our separation from infinity. The spiritual demand is not "Think about all of that and then it will not be true, and you will not have to be afraid anymore." The spiritual communication is a demand for a moral transformation of your whole existence, your whole life. You cannot be free of fear just by sitting here thinking about it or reading a book. You must consider the mechanism of fear, yes, but then you must go and serve and work and love and be transformed, newly adapted. You must live a life in which fear, the mood of contraction, made obsolete by love, which is feeling-attention to infinity. No discussion in a hall or from an armchair completely relieves you of fear or of any problems you might have in life, including your compulsive thinking mind. All of these things that you are suffering are expressions of one affair, this contraction of the whole body-being, the contraction of feeling-attention, the collapse on oneself. That is the whole matter. And to be free of it we must begin to live differently. Simply to think about and consider freedom may make it sound good here and now, but that subjective activity does not change anything fundamentally. Even in that case, you are still everything that your past adaptation makes you.

So whatever is wrong with anybody, whatever is troubling you, it is a matter of whether you "love or not". The things that are wrong with you are expressions of your contraction of feeling-attention. When you are feeling good, it is because you are not exercising this recoil so profoundly as when you are feeling bad. But to get rid of the recoil a little bit is not sufficient. That is not spiritual life. That might be sufficient to improve your ordinary middle-class life, but it is not sufficient for true spiritual realization, happiness altogether, which is a profoundly creative process.

The fundamental principle of our existence is to persist as love, as radiance prior to fear. Love is the fundamental condition. Everything else is secondary to it, mere experience to be met either by fear or love, by contracting upon ourselves or radiating in all relations to infinity. As long as we are not love, then every moment is a problem, a dilemma, in which we try to manipulate the circumstances of experience in order to console ourselves. But all experience is distorted, all our relations are corrupted, everything fails to satisfy. Thus, we look for beliefs of all kinds, because we are afraid, unsatisfied, and unconsoled.

You cannot truly enter into spiritual life in order to be consoled, to be relieved of fear. But that is exactly why the usual man engages spiritual practice, in order to attain the goal of bliss, or release from fear, or immortality. The search for happiness is NOT the position from which to enter truly into spiritual life. You must approach God as a devotee, already blissful, already free of fear, already alive as love. Therefore, come to me when you are already happy.

This is the secret of spiritual life: Love is God-Communion, or freedom from fear. The inherent disposition of radiance is God-Communion, presently God-Communion, in this moment. No objective experience, no vision, no esoteric structure or condition of any kind is God-Realization, nor does any experience or condition add to this Communion. The path itself is to be love, to be unobstructed feeling attention, to persist in love under all conditions, and thereby transform the conditions of existence from that point of view. If we abide in that communion, then all the conditions and possibilities of existence are a great display of God that will always be benign. We need not be concerned, we need not acquire knowledge in order to be free of it all. IN fact, we are not in a position to know what anything is. Our position is ignorance, or god-communion, love itself, to exist without obstruction in the continuous instant of infinity that is in every moment.

This then, is the ultimate consideration of spiritual life. It always has been. In Krishna's argument to Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna reveals all the esoteric matters to his devotee, and then he tells him that they are not the truth. He brings Arjuna to the point of understanding the fruitlessness of the whole affair of ordinary life and spiritual seeking. And then he communicates to him the essential process, which is not strategically to turn the ego, or the contraction that is fear towards various kinds of subjective and objective conditions and methods. On the contrary, Krishna tells Arjuna to "abandon all dharmas", not only all duties, but all teachings, all philosophies, all supports, all methods, all approaches, al meditation and contemplation, all esotericism, all consolations in the world, al ways of trying to be fulfilled in the world, all ways of trying to examine the conditions of life in order to feel that they are all right - and he tells him, "Turn to Me. Abandon all supports and turn to Me. Remember Me. Meditate on Me. Remember Me and fight". Go back, change everything entirely on the basis of this Remembrance, this Communion with Me. Not "Me" in terms of the independent man Krishna, or even his subtle form as it might appear in visions or dreams, but the "Me" that is God, alive as Love itself.

Love is God-communion, and that is the whole path. Live it under all conditions. If you live by that principle, you change everything. Your life will be a manifestation of God-communion then. That is the simple affair. That is all there is to it.

Jesus said the same thing very plainly. When people asked him casually, he would tell them the whole way right there in a moment - love God and be love in all your relations. That is it. There is nothing else to do. There is nothing else to realize. That is it. There is not a single experience that will add to it. That is the whole realization. It is the whole way. God is not at the end of it, but "the Father and I are one." This is not just true of Jesus, it is true of everyone. It is the Truth of everything.

You must live from the point of view of that Truth. Such a life is Divine. The Divine life is not an effort toward the realization of truth. It is to live ALREADY in Truth. It is the principle of life. I do not know how to make it any more plain!
-----------------------

Dan Rowden
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Just to start things off with her on her email list I wrote something fairly simple and innocuous:
Hello all,

On her website Judi says the following: " There is nothing you can do to enlighten yourself. " Am I to assume from this that it is a waste of time to think about enlightenment and that it just happens or doesn't happen? If so, why does the website contain anything more than the simple message: don't think about enlightenment? And for that matter, what's the point of this discussion list?
To which she responded with the following, in 3 separate emails no less:
Hi Dan -

There's a subtlety in that message - there is nothing you can *do* to enligthen yourself.

Think boy, think!!
Not to mention, how can you think about something, "enlightenment", when it doesn't "exist"? :-)

Oooh. :-)
You see Dan, this is an understanding that is a "turn-back" to yourself, taking full responsibility for your "self".
It's the snake that ends up swallowing itself.

Kapiche?

This is going to be more of a challenge than I thought. Oooh :-)

Dan Rowden
sevens

@3

Post by sevens »

This woman's understanding encompasses more Truth than the majority of the output on this site.

A = @
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

It doesn't surprise me to hear you say that, given that animal consciousness and child consciousness are very similar. In praising her, you are merely praising yourself - again, not a surprise.

-
Blair

Post by Blair »

sevens, fuck off, this woman is not enlightened.

Are you really fooled by that kind of smoke and mirrors act she's pulling? She wouldn't know enlightenment if it bit her on the nose. Charlatan.