Prince's Evangelical Obsession

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Re: Prince's Evangelical Obsession

Post by Elizabeth Isabelle »

Carmel wrote:I'm not interested in a having a discussion with you.
And yet you responded to my comment rather than just ignoring it. Your actions do not match your words. Furthermore, you seem to have incorrectly assumed that my entire post was entirely directed at you, and none of it for the benefit of Kunga - whose quote I re-included before my response.

Perhaps I should have addressed Kunga's patience and tolerance point previously on this point, and I do accept culpability for my late response to that point. I can see how my tardiness would contribute to your incorrect assumption.
Carmel wrote:I don't think you are wise or enlightened by any stretch of the imagination. You also have poor reasoning skills and worst of all, you are meddlesome and gossipy.
These are a string of excellent examples of ad hominems. Here, Carmel starts of with an unrequested opinion of my philosophical progress with the obvious intent to hurt or insult. This was followed by a number of unsubstantiated statements presented as fact for the purpose of attacking me rather than anything in particular that I said.

Thank you Carmel for posting such great examples so quickly after my example of what would be very close to, but not quite, an ad hominem.

One can contrast these easily:
Elizabeth Isabelle wrote:Oh, and there's another snide remark tagged on the end. Prince appears to be addicted to those things.
Carmel wrote:You also have poor reasoning skills and worst of all, you are meddlesome and gossipy.
As you can see, my comment directs a person to a specific example of what I was referring to. In contrast, Carmel's points are vague and are not linked to any kind of example.
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

You are focused on prince, myself, Kunga and beingof1 so as to avoid your own lack of wisdom. Worry about your own growth, then the rest will follow. You're still mired in minutae, you have no perspective, whatsoever.

Detach yourself from us, and please take your time... then talk, until then, please stop this nonsense, you're only digging a deeper hole for yourself.

Please don't address any more posts to me. I'm genuinely not interested in discussing this with you any further.
Elizabeth Isabelle

Wow, that's a broad "focus" that you assume. You're not noticing that basically I'm lecturing to whoever cares to read my lecture.

Your repetitive unfounded insults, which you saw fit to launch yet another round of, are tiresome - but I am amused that you keep posting that you don't want to have a discussion with me. I am not interested in becoming unduly repetitive but I choose to respond to your odd request one more time in the spirit of the following:
It is sometimes said that genius is "the infinite capacity for giving pain." This is very apt. If one is not deliberately causing pain to the ego, both in oneself and in others, then what is the good of one's life? One might as well not exist at all. It is by challenging and overturning our cosy assumptions, habitual thought-processes, psychological refuges and mental blocks that our minds can be opened up that little bit more to the wisdom of the Infinite.
Due to your repeated requests that I not address you, I suspect that you are receiving much more pain at the truth that I speak than the pain that I am receiving by boring myself in responding to your requests to not be written to. I believe that I have expressed enough patience with your repeated and useless ad hominems though. It is beyond time for that to stop because that behavior is counter to the principles of the board.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Right. So you made this thread about me, and I'm saying you are full of shit.

So where do we go from here? You, in your stance are basically saying depart prince.

Fine, I don't give a fuck. But you, will still be the same, still wrestling with the same old shit, just with a new opponent.

If I came back in ten years to this forum, you would still be saying the same crap.

That's just how life goes.
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

lol!

dejavu, you put the "light" in "enlightenment". ;)
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

i can be a bitch too Carmel :)
i don't feel bitchy when i come to these forms usually...i take all my frustrations out on the poor bugger i live with...
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:Kunga,

If you want to improve your logic skills, there is no greater reward in life than becoming more clear minded in thought and action. Logic holds the key to perceiving the world with crystal clear lenses.

If you start with a question, that question will lead into a dozen more until you realize how poorly your definitions of the world are, and how poorly you understand the human mind.

Think about this:

"When we speak from a lack of awareness of our own minds, the content of our thoughts is the lesson itself"

Yes.....i dont even know what your talking about..." lack of awareness of our own minds" (that statement even confuses me) that whole statement confuses me.......can you rephrase it ?

i must be doing something right...i have a job, pay my bills, i'm not a criminal, my life is going fairly smooth, i'm miserable in the love department, but other than all that...if i had a problem with thinking logically wouldn't i be having a lot of problems in my life ?
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

is this logical ?
Be wise. Treat yourself, your mind, sympathetically, with loving kindness.
If you are gentle with yourself, you will become gentle with others.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-Elizabeth takes a one-size fits-all jockstrap approach-
Many of us have probably noticed that after years of primarily sitting on the sidelines and slinging one-liner insults,

-tomas-
Prince is annoyed at having been born in Australia. His parents and grandparents were also, very angry. This is an aspect of prince I'll have to do some in-depth Remote Viewing on. I'll report back when these preliminaries are complete.

-Elizabeth-
prince has not only come out as a Christian (which may explain all the insults), but a highly evangelical one.

-tomas-
Yes, my mother also had this Greco-Roman affixation towards Christianity. When she was a child, she, and her best friend, used to stand behind the pulpit and mimic her father who was an ordained minister. The old fire and brimstone type, my grandfather was raised Roman Catholic (the psuedo-type from Iowa) and he completely changed, including his spitfire language. My, he even cut out the cussing and playing cards (which were of the Father of this world, the devil). I know, he busted me once for playing an innocent game of 52 Pickup .. he believed I was lusting after the Queen of Hearts. I'll be doing some Remote Viewing to see whether he has ever admitted to claiming to employ the C-word in any of his new-wave barroom brawls with Dan & Kevin. He's 6'1", so he's not the smallest dude in the pub.

BTW - It may be necessary to send skipair over to Australia, check for sure.

-Elizabeth further notes-
The timing must have something to do with the fact that Quinn and Solway seem to have totally abandoned this site, and Rowden only makes the rare appearance and cleans off the spambot posts.

-tomas-
I'll be Remote Viewing Dan to be sure he checks in every now and then. Dan, pull your shower curtains a bit more snug .. and stop using Head and Shoulders for your perceived dandruff ;-)

-Elizabeth nearly finalizes her concern-
I am not seeing any reason being applied by prince on his evangelical statements.

-tomas-
Okay, more Remote Viewing on the way! Be checking his will-to-live theories on Jesus's coming in the clouds. And, checking to see what brand of 3.2 beer he's drinking now (is Budweiser bottles permitted?) and that he's attending Christian churches every year or so. I just hope he's attending the state-approved type, you know, approved by Prince Charles, that's where he takes his alias from, Prince Charles. Beware prince, Remote Viewing has been ordered by Pope Benedict Arnold the 16th and Queen Elizabeth-Isabelle.

-Queen Elizabeth sums up-
Is there any reason to consider prince's contributions of late to be anything other than Christian spam?

-tomas-
Having Remote Viewed princes' previous writings here at Genius, haven't found anything resembling his new-found religion. But taking this as a message from God, I'll do some extra Remote Viewing to be sure.

PS - I'm in the process of Remote Viewing some of the newcomers here :-/

PPS - CAR ACCIDENTS: Some of you haven't been changing underwear every day :-(
I'll name names in the mid-term report...
Don't run to your death
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

I ran into a lark and found the miller's to be less than applause
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Steven Coyle wrote:I ran into a lark and found the miller's to be less than applause
I've Remote Viewed you, you are bald under that beanie.

PS - Miller's beer is for weenies...
Don't run to your death
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

LOL...tomas..you are funny ....
i love a sense of humor
it kills the stress

on a more serious note
none of us knows
the lives we live
behind the scene/screen/bean
some of us live a life of hell
and come here to vent
or whatever
it is paramount
that we can be adult/mature enough
to not get crushed by ego insulting remarks
it can make you or break you

a true teacher leaves the student
when they are ready to solo

are you ready ?
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

Kunga: i can be a bitch too Carmel :)

Carmel:
much to your credit...You do a good job of hiding it.

Not everyone here worships logic as the be all and end all of existence, as you've probably noticed. I think you're doing just fine following your own path. :)
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

[quote="Tomas"].

Tomas:

Carmel:
I've been remote viewing you too. I now know what goes on at those freemason meetings, but I promise I won't tell anyone. ...except to say that I don't think some of those guys change their underwear everyday either.;)
Diebert van Rhijn

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

Carmel to Elizabeth wrote:...You're still mired in minutae, you have no perspective, whatsoever. Detach yourself from us, and please take your time... then talk, until then, please stop this nonsense, you're only digging a deeper hole for yourself.
It's good advice. Since this thread has descended into murky turkey already let me add the following for Elizabeth: please do consider taking a hiatus or retirement from the forum. For the simple reason, just my observation, that you seem to have entered some obsessive-compulsive state, not for the first time, which fuels your posts right now, forming a mishmash of bright intelligence and probing but all dis-empowered by lack of relevance and direction. Perhaps you need to step back. We all need that eventually :-)
Diebert van Rhijn

Kunga wrote:i must be doing something right...i have a job, pay my bills, i'm not a criminal, my life is going fairly smooth, i'm miserable in the love department, but other than all that...if i had a problem with thinking logically wouldn't i be having a lot of problems in my life ?
The problems would start when doing your job, behave and financial security won't be the source of smoothness anymore. For example, when you'd fall in love...
Diebert van Rhijn

Carmel wrote:Not everyone here worships logic as the be all and end all of existence, as you've probably noticed.
It should be regarded more as a surgeon's scalpel. It's not the be all and end all of health itself but depending on the patient's condition it's the only way to return to life. A life which might be called no-existence. Only then one should consider down-talking on logic ;-).
Carmel

Post by Carmel »

I'm not down-talking logic at all. That's not what I meant to convey, but I hold it in equal regard to some other qualities, such as compassion, creativity, humour among others. I suppose what I mean, is that I'm striving to be a whole person, as opposed to just a logical person.
Diebert van Rhijn

Carmel wrote:I'm not down-talking logic at all. That's not what I meant to convey, but I hold it in equal regard to some other qualities, such as compassion, creativity, humour among others. I suppose what I mean, is that I'm striving to be a whole person, as opposed to just a logical person.
The "just a logical person" you appear to have in mind has still not taken logic all the way if true compassion would be lacking.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

Carmel wrote:
Tomas wrote:.

Tomas:

Carmel:
I've been remote viewing you too. I now know what goes on at those freemason meetings, but I promise I won't tell anyone. ...except to say that I don't think some of those guys change their underwear everyday either.;)
Many of the Scottish Rite don't wear underwear. See Prince Charles' photos wearing his kilt for details.

PS - Queen Elizabeth's 1st cousin is the King of Free Masonry .. worldwide.

Tomas (the tank)
Prince of Jerusalem
16 Degree
Scottish Rite Free Mason

VietNam veteran - 1971
Don't run to your death
Elizabeth Isabelle

Carmel wrote:Kunga: i can be a bitch too Carmel :)

Carmel:
much to your credit...You do a good job of hiding it.

Not everyone here worships logic as the be all and end all of existence, as you've probably noticed. I think you're doing just fine following your own path. :)
However logic is the be all and end all of purpose on this forum. You are doing Kunga a great disservice by attempting to discourage her from exploring the path of logic. Your words are perhaps worse than saying "there there little girl you don't have to be logical. All you really need to get by in this world is to be cute, and what a cutie-pie you are!" At least in my paraphrasing of your words, it's a bit more obviously condescending and therefore more spotlighted for judicious review.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Brought me to Dali, pumpkin.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Steven Coyle wrote:Brought me to Dali, pumpkin.
As long as we're on the subject, how come Steven gets a free ticket at Genius with his non-sequitorial obsession? Why are we singling out prince? Can't we have two differently abled longtime members?
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

prince wrote:
Dan Rowden wrote:Justify creationism in one paragraph. I'd love to see that.
I'm not a creationist, Dan. Some of what I say is similar, granted.

Take a look at Monica Belluci, her body, shape and face. It has an aesthetic quality which I do not find in any human art. Paintings and sculptures etc..by people is rubbish to my senses, it revolts me. There's your proof of God. He is the consumate artist, the likes of which a fuckweasel likr you can't even begin to appreciate.
Your own aesthetic judgements are evidence of a designer God? Ha! That is too foolish even for you!
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
Carmel to Elizabeth wrote:...You're still mired in minutae, you have no perspective, whatsoever. Detach yourself from us, and please take your time... then talk, until then, please stop this nonsense, you're only digging a deeper hole for yourself.
It's good advice. Since this thread has descended into murky turkey already let me add the following for Elizabeth: please do consider taking a hiatus or retirement from the forum. For the simple reason, just my observation, that you seem to have entered some obsessive-compulsive state, not for the first time, which fuels your posts right now, forming a mishmash of bright intelligence and probing but all dis-empowered by lack of relevance and direction. Perhaps you need to step back. We all need that eventually :-)
Funny, my reading of this thread tells me Elizabeth has made all but the only sane and substantive contributions. People who want to argue from mere aesthetics have no argument at all, as aesthetics is not an argument.

[small edit]