Depression, Sex & Freemales

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Rhett

Re: Depression, Sex & Freemales

Post by Rhett »

Guilt involves the notion of having done something wrong, as well as suffering.

A normal person might be correct or incorrect about thinking they have done something wrong. They might fight against the guilt using reasoning, criticism of others, blame shifting, etc. In the case where they have indeed done something wrong, we could say their suffering plays an important role in controlling their behaviour.

The advanced individual on the other hand will best judge what is wrong. They are attuned to doing what is best. They have no purpose for suffering and do not experience it. It would only hamper their body and judgment capacity.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

I agree with earlier posts about the reproductive, social and material practicality of long-term monogamy. Whether other arrangements can/will overtake this structure as the dominant force remains to be seen, i think.

One force that i see shaping current society is that out of family, partners and friends, friendships are typically the least degraded form of relationship, involving the least manipulation and dominance/submission. Where people aren't reliant, particularly materially reliant, on family and partnerships, they can gravitate towards friendships as the main form of relationship and therefore have more self control and suffer less.
Rhett

Post by Rhett »

I think generation X is a very interesting development and experiment in the history of mankind. I wonder if at no time previous have the drawbacks of family and relationships and materialism been challenged so heartily, with so many having babies so late and so many not having them at all, and more career changes. I am actually positive about my generation, particularly as i can understand and accept the challenges they are facing in having made this push.