Sharing Negative Karma Across The Collective Consciousness

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Tomas

Re: Sharing Negative Karma Across The Collective Consciousness

Post by Tomas »

elderwoodxxx wrote:
Ryan Rudolph wrote:Currently, one of my objections to your writing is that your posts are too long, in the future, write shorter posts, you’re posts tend to be a little greedy emotionally.

Amandaxxx ( and please do tell... whose thoughts am i accused of taking?)

-tomas-
You tend to run at the mouth -eg- repeat the same thing over and over.

Probably your need to post (copy) writing from the King James. Aren't you understanding that 99% of those here, who understand and speak english, have heard (and read) all about jesus, paul, peter, moses, noah etc.

Dan had to take the necessary step of locking one of your threads because of you and Alex going on about a topic "we" know all about...

Hint: You have one of two choices:

1. Get with the program as it is enumerated here.

2. Continue dancing with Alex and eventually have more threads locked.

3. Continue in your unconscious ways (as Alex does).

4. If you have a calling - move on!

4(a). Yer spinnin' wheels here...

elderwoodxxx

Post by elderwoodxxx »

1.. it wasnt king James..
2.. By asserting my ways are unconscious...denotes that you 'think' yours are conscious.. if you want debate on consciousness go ahead.
3.. Indeed people here are too ego driven to be open and aware enough to have an enlightened debate.. instead most talk 'about' it instead of 'experiencing' it.. and that is the difference.
4.. Consiousness is beyond the mind.. so do you control your own mind? or do your ego and desires?

amandaxxx

and of course people have heard about them... I do talk of other things.. but do you UNDERSTAND them in relation to your higher Self.
'I am You'
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

I had a feeling a few days ago that...a storm's a-brewin'!

"And Alex, I think you might be better off in a forum that specializes in comedy because that is what you seem to be interested in most of the time - comedic entertainment rather than serious philosophy."

Humor, as I see things, is a prime ingredient to the very best-of-the-best of philosophical ideas, spirituality, religion, art and life. I place humor at an apex, and humorless environments, and dull, humorless 'philosophers' are very near to being irrelevant as I presently see things. When you deal with really dense specimens, classical youthful fools who are completely filled with themselves, humor and irony is a deliciously attractive tool, if it is handled right, insofar as it allows you to still maintain a connection, and yet to reveal what you truly think in a way that both confronts the absurdity of a vain ego-construct, while communicating with that person's intelligence. To be as truthful as I can be, Ryan, what you call 'serious philosophy' is of next to zero value to me, personally. I simply have no place for whatever group of distortions you consider 'philosophy'. I define philosophy, therefor, very differently.
Ni ange, ni bête
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

Triple X

Is that a picture of you?
Truth is a pathless land.
elderwoodxxx

Post by elderwoodxxx »

And what if it was?

Ps i know nothing either! ;-)
'I am You'
DHodges

Post by DHodges »

Iolaus wrote:Triple X

Is that a picture of you?
http://uk.360.yahoo.com/elderwoodxxx
elderwoodxxx

Post by elderwoodxxx »

Well who else would i put as my picture on my profile?
Amandaxxx
'I am You'
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Alex,
I had a feeling a few days ago that...a storm's a-brewin'!

"And Alex, I think you might be better off in a forum that specializes in comedy because that is what you seem to be interested in most of the time - comedic entertainment rather than serious philosophy."

Humor, as I see things, is a prime ingredient to the very best-of-the-best of philosophical ideas, spirituality, religion, art and life. I place humor at an apex, and humorless environments, and dull, humorless 'philosophers' are very near to being irrelevant as I presently see things. When you deal with really dense specimens, classical youthful fools who are completely filled with themselves, humor and irony is a deliciously attractive tool, if it is handled right, insofar as it allows you to still maintain a connection, and yet to reveal what you truly think in a way that both confronts the absurdity of a vain ego-construct, while communicating with that person's intelligence. To be as truthful as I can be, Ryan, what you call 'serious philosophy' is of next to zero value to me, personally. I simply have no place for whatever group of distortions you consider 'philosophy'. I define philosophy, therefor, very differently.
My view is that humor should be used very sparingly, as the odd treat. Someone who always resorts to comedy becomes a tad tedious, My objection is that many of your entire threads are rooted in comedy, and express one big imaginative joke, rather than an analytical truth. One should root oneself in seriousness instead, rather than comedy. And then comedy can be expressed as an infrequent indulgence.

Amanda,
( and please do tell... whose thoughts am i accused of taking?
Who are your inspirations? ones thoughts are usually expressed as a total sum of all ones past inspirations. Start name dropping, and lets see who has programmed your psyche....
elderwoodxxx

Post by elderwoodxxx »

Ryan, I agree.

If comedy is all Alex can do then it shows that he 'thinks' we all should be continually mocked, and while of course when one realises enlightenment and that it all is a mockery to begin with (In a sense), in no way should we continually mock others who are genuinly wanting to understand and discuss issues. Of course we need to laugh and experience joy but who ever found that much enjoyment from pulling others down? Enjoyment is what you have when you feel like it, not at anothers expense and certainly not regarding issues that are important to individuals. Continual comedy does not help people realise things. We need a balance. Everything has its own time and place, if we need to be reminded of a basic issue that we may have overlooked..ie we can not sometimes see what is under our noses then all well and good, but Alex you must think we are either all so 'dumb' or you are way too far 'above' us all that you simply cannot help yourself.
amandaxxx
'I am You'
elderwoodxxx

Post by elderwoodxxx »

="Ryan Rudolph"]Amanda,
Quote:
( and please do tell... whose thoughts am i accused of taking?

Who are your inspirations? ones thoughts are usually expressed as a total sum of all ones past inspirations. Start name dropping, and lets see who has programmed your psyche....
My main inspiration is My self. I am an artist and take 'pure' inspiration born from intuition. I wrote my dissertation on the sublime and awe, in relation to self awareness and the re emergence of romanticism. I have never let any one or thing 'influence' my thinking other than my own understanding of why something is so. For 30 years I have continually questioned why to many things, illusive things. I have an interest in 'fantasy', the ideals of truth in which it embodies, mythology, ancient civilisations, I am therefore interested in our past as we learn from what has gone before. I take great pleasure in mental stimulation and have studied indepth the workings of the mind, and ones reactions in their 'understanding' fueling my own. We learn as much from another as we our selves imbue. A good teacher will know they will learn as much from their pupil as they teach, when both are ready the master will always appear. I find it extemely hard not to follow me, for i will never follow anything blindly. I could not get to grips with uni and the ways in which we had to formulate objective opinion from subjectivity. It doesnt happen.. all we can do is form yet more subjectivity! It was last year that i 'woke up' and have not stopped researching since. All the jigsaw pieces in my life were pieced together as ONE and everything i ever wanted to understand i now of course do. No one could tell me that which i sought because they did not know either.l.. that illusiveness is no longer illusive for me. If you ask why?, the answer is always why not. So when i am moved i become inspired and there is no greater inspiration than realising ones true Self, for the self is all our desires. Unbenownst to me i sought inner spiritual fulfillment through creativity and inspiration and received it ALL. I then found Religion. All religion embody aspects of truth it is all one. I previously had no interest in it as i had no idea how to understand any of it. I did not dis believe i just could not walk into something blindly. All i initially believed in was that i existed and that there was good in this world. interesting it would be for your analysis of what makes me tick then! What makes me tick is understanding, always has and always will.

with regard to the fantasy..yes I was a dreamer externalising ideals because i found none in this world.. yet now i have remembered HOW to dream reality! I dream dreams, and put awe and inspiration into my understanding of such within my work. My work inspires others, in the past it was imagery, now it is words, creativity in pure form to please another. My reward is with my selfless action. At uni i 'forgot' why i enjoyed my work and that was because i was doing it for me and 'marks' based on a subjective criteria.. i could not function. I realised after, that I had to forget, to then understand and learn that the pleasure i get has never been for me.. it has always been to please another and that is the key to all things. In the past i did not fully understand what i 'liked' about my creativity, it was 'illusive' to me. If you give with no expectation for reward then your reward is in the pleasure you get from anothers smile.
amandaxxx
'I am You'
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Well, in this particular case, at this particular juncture, my 'analytical truth' is that you take the threads of your own selves sooooo seriously, that you fool yourselves, you trick yourselves into believing your own rap. You ask, therefor, that others take you 'analytically seriously', but it is not a request, it is in fact a demand. In all human enterprises, seriousness and ceremony must be observed, it is part of the ritual. But if someone sees it as ridiculous, if someone ridicules it (for example the ego, the state, a public figure) all the sour-faced who make up the assembly turn and scowl. Yet it is far more serious than that: you know as well as I they will kill you if laugh to much, and certainly if you get others to laugh. Humor is therefor a kind of weapon, a wedge, a lever. Rochefoucauld in his aphorisms, if I remember, pointed out that life itself, in the form of old age, reduces us to the ridiculous! Ridicule stands as the inevitable back-drop to existence therefor. Also, laughter and the pointing at what is funny ('to see the funny side of life') is a survival tool.

I mean, I can honestly say that I 'respect' whatever view you have of humor and of my writing, and I can say the same for Amanda, but it would be a lie if I said that I do not find some parts of your recent contributions as completely ridiculous! You want that I lie to you therefor? A better strategy is to simply dismiss everything about me, just as you dismissed Samadhi. You have to rile yourself to a point where your righteous indignation overflows your Mug of Self, and then you must rebuke me! You are the member of an elite, son! You have a position to uphold! It is not you who are put in the spotlight, you put into the spotlight, you frame the discourse. (I would curtsy but I hurt my knee).

You give advice, I also give advice: You must clearly see the complete absurdity and the utter humor in what the last few days have brought to our dear forum in terms of ridiculous displays! If the Jester can't make you aware of this, you know who comes next, right?
Ni ange, ni bête
elderwoodxxx

Post by elderwoodxxx »

I do see what you are saying and yes things do seem funny but i was just saying it how others see it. Compassion Alex. compassion ;-) I fool my self in believing my own rap? believe that if you will. I know better. and that is not conceit i am in full understanding of my own Self in relation to all others. You felt rebuked? I am not responsible for your feelings, if you felt it you must have sensed a truth in what i just said! ;-) hehe

And yes the last conversations were going no where.. the blind were certainly leading the blind. crazy? yes. Like banging head against wall? certainly. But their feelings got hurt ;-)especially when to quote yourself 'your dealing with really dense specimins' hope you do not think im dense..seeing as i managed to rebuke even you eh alex? ;-)

amandaxxx
hang on just reread your stuff.. and now i think you were refering to whats his name.. and not me..which just voids what i just said... hmmm note to self.. either i must read better or the writer must write with more clarity.
Last edited by elderwoodxxx on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
'I am You'
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Amanda, sweetness, I told you that you are at Level One and I am at Level Three. You know things about your relationship to all others, it is true, but you have not yet looked into the Mirror or Nreem, and you don't even know what the Mirror of Nreem is.

Yet...

When I mentioned rebuke, I was talking to Ryan, not you.

I'm floating back up to my cloud now...Goodbye!
Ni ange, ni bête
elderwoodxxx

Post by elderwoodxxx »

yes i realised that.. hang on this mirror.. now I understand I am my own mirror..so what mirror do you gaze upon?

amandaxxx
'I am You'
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Alex,
You are the member of an elite, son
So it is ridiculous to acknowledge the fact of superiority and inferiority within the universal mind? There is a hierarchy of intelligence in nature, but we generally resist judgment because no one likes to realize that there are beings of higher intelligence than them. And btw, I don’t believe that I’m the highest on the intelligence totem pole, but I have the experience to realize that I possess some degree of the enlightened experience, which I share with a some of the writers on this forum.
You must clearly see the complete absurdity and the utter humor in what the last few days have brought to our dear forum in terms of ridiculous displays! If the Jester can't make you aware of this, you know who comes next, right?
The ridiculous part of it all is how humor functions to protect the ego, and protect the herd group-think. Humor functions to dismiss behavior that disrupts the unity of the community. That is why herd-humor is ultimately unconscious behavior, and there have been quite a few of these types of emotional reactions on GF, especially when I judged who I thought are the highest quality writers on GF as far as the values of enlightenment are concerned.

And the enlightened values simply reflect a similar subjective experience. As I said, I suspect that writers such as David, Kevin, Diebert, Cory, Dan, Nick, myself and a few others share some degree of the enlightened experience. We share some degree of the common ground. If I had to use a metaphor: If we were trees, there would be slight differences in the foliage on the branches, but the roots would be anchored deeply to the same ground in various degrees.

Whereas many of the other trees on GF still need to grow, still need to mature, still need to intake the right nutrients, while ignoring others. In essence, many other writers on GF are not yet full grown as far as the enlightened experience is concerned. And unfortunately, some trees don't have the right genetic seed to fully mature to trees, as their growth is stunted, and they remain at a dwarf like level.
Humor is therefor a kind of weapon, a wedge, a lever. Rochefoucauld in his aphorisms, if I remember, pointed out that life itself, in the form of old age, reduces us to the ridiculous! Ridicule stands as the inevitable back-drop to existence therefor. Also, laughter and the pointing at what is funny ('to see the funny side of life') is a survival tool.
But I see constant comedy as a sort of imbalance. It is born of an insatiable mind that wants more and more pleasure, more and more excitement, at the expense of others. Infrequent comedy is different, and happens spontaneously when one is shocked or overwhelmed by something that is incredibly absurd. But one shouldn’t see the entire world through the lens of the absurd, such an outlook is imbalanced.

The comedian is a sort of theft actually, he pokes others to reward himself, he is like the vampire persona in ancient lore - constantly lusting for more pleasure by invoking an involuntary response in others. The documentary Comedian illustrated this perfectly. It shows the bizarre nature of the comedian’s life - Jerry Seinfeld is sort of a tragic figure, an addict of his own making, roaming the world, perfecting his gig to score that best response by the audience - but he is never quite satisfied with the results.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Ryan wrote:
As I said, I suspect that writers such as David, Kevin, Diebert, Carl, Dan, Nick, myself and a few others share some degree of the enlightened experience.
Yes, well said.
But I see constant comedy as a sort of imbalance. It is born of an insatiable mind that wants more and more pleasure, more and more excitement, at the expense of others. Infrequent comedy is different, and happens spontaneously when one is shocked or overwhelmed by something that is incredibly absurd. But one shouldn’t see the entire world through the lens of the absurd, such an outlook is imbalanced.
Ah, but you don't recognize the role of the sacred clown, do you. The sacred clown does not see the world through the lens of the absurd necessarily, he merely projects the absurd onto the serious, to help others to see. He uses a different approach to the same end.
Good Citizen Carl
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Is the sacred clown in any way related to the sacred feminine?
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Our beloved Diogenes would appear to be a good example. He might have been gay but he was no girl.
Good Citizen Carl
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Ah, I see - I'm with you now.
elderwoodxxx

Post by elderwoodxxx »

What have you boys exactly got against girls?? have you been wronged so badly by them or something? or do you 'feel' threatened.. Well now i have opened myself up to all sorts of aspursions from that last statement i am sure!
amandaxxx
'I am You'
Alex Jacob

Post by Alex Jacob »

Amanda asks:

"What have you boys exactly got against girls??"

Oh, Amanda! You'll never be able to get a straight answer from these charming blokes! But since I am your psychopomp in these dangerous caverns, returning a favor to Beatrice, I think I can throw some light on this whole question. But wait! You cannot shed light on a shadow! All of this is devilishly complexxx. You will hear one thing, but you might suspect it's really another. No, you'll not be able to get to the bottom of it. Some of the reasoning (for contempt of women) is sound, and some of it springs forth from the shadows themselves, and shadows cannot speak!

This could be some of it:

"One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."

"It is easy to despise what you cannot get."
Ni ange, ni bête
elderwoodxxx

Post by elderwoodxxx »

haha ;-)

shadows can speak.. usually in the form of fear and doubt.. ;-)
and oh.. If only men knew how to 'talk' with women they would realise we are not atall that scary.. one always wants what they 'think' they cannot have, and the vine is only out of reach because they could not be bothered to fetch a ladder. If they did they could reach right to the top and pluck the most juiciest fruit of all ;-) The door is open and the ladder is available, but somehow men have forgotten where they left it, let alone how to find it and climb up ;-)
amandaxxx
'I am You'
Iolaus

Post by Iolaus »

People often wonder in what way are we really different than the animals. Animals, after all, often solve problems of astonishing complexity, can learn some rudimentary words and sentences, make tools, cooperate and have strategy, feel love, devotion, remorse, fear, loss and grief, engage in deception, maybe even a little guilt.

Yet while animals certainly play with a certain merriness and jolly fun, they do not have our sense of humor. Everywhere, all day long, in tribes and corporate offices, people are making jokes and finding what to laugh at.

I think it is our most salient human characteristic.
Truth is a pathless land.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Carl,
Ah, but you don't recognize the role of the sacred clown, do you. The sacred clown does not see the world through the lens of the absurd necessarily, he merely projects the absurd onto the serious, to help others to see. He uses a different approach to the same end.
That’s a stretch Carl, I’m more interested with the quality of consciousness involved in the action itself, rather than the positive or negatitive affects of the action. Those are secondary, the root motivation is what I’m concerned with.
Our beloved Diogenes would appear to be a good example. He might have been gay but he was no girl.
But to the degree that Diogenes constantly replied on comedy was the degree to which he was immature. I don’t believe Diogenes was an embodiment of anything close to perfection, but he possessed some degree of consciousness.

Iolaus,
Yet while animals certainly play with a certain merriness and jolly fun, they do not have our sense of humor. Everywhere, all day long, in tribes and corporate offices, people are making jokes and finding what to laugh at. I think it is our most salient human characteristic.
Basically, most humans tend to worship comedy as their godhead. Many women are like this. They say, “what I want most in a partner is someone to make me laugh, which is essentially an egotistical desire, it is born out of a mind that doesn’t know itself” And I’m not just beating up on women because men possess the same child-like immaturity.

At present, humor is necessary in the workplace because it is used to diffuse emotional conflict because humans are so imbalanced. Sometimes, I have to resort to a sort of sarcasm at work to get things done, so I’m not interpreted as an authority by those who believe they are only authorities in the workplace. A fully functional employee realizes that sometimes he will need to give orders, and other times he will need to take orders to get the desired task complete, while a horrible employee only wants to give orders, with absolutely no compassion or consideration for the burden put on the other.

Returning to humor - humor in the workplace is sometimes born out of a sort of desperation for unity, and achieved only in a superficial sense, and it grows into a habituated pattern that people accept because it is pleasurable.

Also, People who have no inner life are usually comedians because it makes life more tolerable. Constant depression, frustration, and ego-hurts can be relieved through a release of laughter, it acts as a sort of coping mechanism for the unenlightened mind, and a way for irrational people to cooperate without totally killing each other. A sage is more rooted in a serious unknowing emptiness than a thirsting desperate seeker of that next drug-like fix of comedy.

The owner of the company I work for is like this – humor is a coping mechanism to support his irrational psyche. When he feels depressed, sad, angry, frustrated, hurt, then he resorts to comedy to diffuse the affects of those emotions on the mind and body. However, a sage is beyond these emotions altogether, and so he doesn’t need to use humor as a sort of pain reliever.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Iolaus wrote:People often wonder in what way are we really different than the animals. Animals, after all, often solve problems of astonishing complexity, can learn some rudimentary words and sentences, make tools, cooperate and have strategy, feel love, devotion, remorse, fear, loss and grief, engage in deception, maybe even a little guilt.

Yet while animals certainly play with a certain merriness and jolly fun, they do not have our sense of humor. Everywhere, all day long, in tribes and corporate offices, people are making jokes and finding what to laugh at.

I think it is our most salient human characteristic.
This is all you can come up with, to basically distinguish us from other animals, our humor? What about level of consciousness; as far as we can tell animals live naturalistically -- that is to say un-self-aware -- whereas we have the potential for self-awareness. We also have the potential, through this self-awareness, to 'improve' ourselves, like, through practice to lessen the effect of our ego or emotional reaction. Do animals have this. You make it sound as if all animals lack, to be us, is their own George Carlins. Really, what need have they for humor when they are already living connected to Nature 24/7. Isn't humor one way we use to try to overcome our own disconnectedness, to become connected, to feel alive?

And so far as comparing attitributes, as you have done above, don't you think it's odd to say they can learn some of our words when in fact they have their own languages -- body and otherwise -- through which they obviously communicate fluently. Can we learn theirs? Can you speak dophinese? So far as making tools, what need have they of tools for most things. It's like saying, well, they haven't invented toilet paper, we have. Who's got the non-inverting anus here?
Good Citizen Carl