Was Jesus Not Enlightened ?

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
sorbus

Re: Was Jesus Not Enlightened ?

Post by sorbus »

Jesus was enlightened because he enlightens. The reality of Jesus is like any reality, subjective and ultimately irrelevant.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

David Quinn wrote:Here is an interesting article which gives a different slant on things:

Was Moses high on psychedelic drugs?

-
Goodness sake alive!

Why Not :-)

Don't run to your death
Jason

Post by Jason »

This thread has been dead for six months and you think that comment is worth dredging it up from the depths for?
Matt Gregory

Post by Matt Gregory »

Tomas isn't one for originality.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Since this thread has been resurrected...
The historical Jesus question aside,
Anyone who can say with the absolute certainty of gnosis,
"I and the Creator are One" is indeed enlightened.

This is why David tried me in a mock trial and then crucified me for claiming (which I did not) "I am the Messiah."
I am, however, in Truth in "conscious unity" with the Cosmic Consciousness popularly known as God.
God manifeats through all forms/individuals. Some know This as our True Identity (enlightenment.) Most do not. No one here (this forum) as far as I can tell.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Floopyman wrote:I got enlightened while attempting to fasten an extremely tiny screw into a floopy disk drive. The universe opened up to me and I briefly became one with all things, before extending the screwdriver a bit too far and rather severely electrocuting myself.

I ended up having to replace the whole drive.
Do you have anything besides bullshit to share here?
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Floopyman wrote:Not very enlightened of you, enlightened one. Weren't you just spouting guru-speak 5 minutes ago?

My floopy disk tales are "bullshit" but your hypocritical statements about enlightenment are not? You, sir, may bite the business end of a metallic floopy disk protective sleeve.
How, exactly are my statements about enlightenment hypocritical?
I broke through in '94... see my "Journey to Awakening" page:
http://www.consciousunity.org/MyJourneytoAwakening.html

How 'bout you... seriously, if you can "get it up.'
mansman

Post by mansman »

mikiel wrote:Since this thread has been resurrected...
The historical Jesus question aside,
Anyone who can say with the absolute certainty of gnosis,
"I and the Creator are One" is indeed enlightened.

This is why David tried me in a mock trial and then crucified me for claiming (which I did not) "I am the Messiah."
I am, however, in Truth in "conscious unity" with the Cosmic Consciousness popularly known as God.
God manifeats through all forms/individuals. Some know This as our True Identity (enlightenment.) Most do not. No one here (this forum) as far as I can tell.
Hi Mikiel, i have a little trouble following your words, meaning.
May I ask, Are you saying that here on the forum some person David "tried you in a mock trail" not sure what that means, can you point to the thread where this happen, thank you.

Also, what is our "true identity"?
I sometimes feel as you say, ONE with the Creator, Is there some way I can test myself for enlightenment, and how you can accurately judge me too?
When reading i wondered what you dont see in anyone here that you see in yourself, what gives it away.
hope thats clear, regards!

Does anyone know the Delores Cannon who said Soham that she is "more enlightened and evolved than Jesus and Buddha"? Any women posters, Do you agree of her enlightenment?
Of course if Soham still around good to hear from you with clarifikation.
- FOREIGNER
mansman

Post by mansman »

Jason wrote:This thread has been dead for six months and you think that comment is worth dredging it up from the depths for?
Hey handsome, have you tried direct approach?
Ive got a crusch on you!

(oh not me, Im taken!)
- FOREIGNER
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

mansman:
Hi Mikiel, i have a little trouble following your words, meaning.
May I ask, Are you saying that here on the forum some person David "tried you in a mock trail" not sure what that means, can you point to the thread where this happen, thank you.
David Quinn

Also, what is our "true identity"?
God, "I Am", Universal Consciousness manifesting locally through enlightened individuals. Actually through all of us, but "E" is *knowing* our divine Identity.
I sometimes feel as you say, ONE with the Creator, Is there some way I can test myself for enlightenment, and how you can accurately judge me too?
Do you *know* your divine Identity? If so, I do not presume to dispute it. If you think your "personal identity" ("self") is separate from God (rather than in unity), then you are not spiritually awake.
When reading i wondered what you dont see in anyone here that you see in yourself, what gives it away.
hope thats clear, regards!
Let anyone here step forward who can honestly say, with Jesus, "I and the (Creator) are One."
"Judging Others", pgs 14&15
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4144&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=350
Ryan Sepulvado

Post by Ryan Sepulvado »

Who's Jesus?
mikec23

Post by mikec23 »

Mikiel, why in the world are you trying so damn hard?
Who are you trying to prove your Enlightenment to, others or yourself?
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

mikec23 wrote:Mikiel, why in the world are you trying so damn hard?
Who are you trying to prove your Enlightenment to, others or yourself?
My participation on this forum feels to me like an effortless flow of words testifying to the Truth as I know it.

Your assumptions to the contrary are your own projections, creating a little cardboard mikiel in your mind. You can dress him up any way you like.
Like the song... "It ain't me, babe..."
brokenhead

Post by brokenhead »

Floopyman wrote:But seriously, all trolling/joking aside, "enlightenment" is just a word-game. It's just a toy of language. There's nothing to it but verbal smoke and mirrors. This goes for you and anyone else making the claim.
Now just hang on there, Floopy, hang on. You think because you don't get it no one else does? You cannot be serious.
mikec23

Post by mikec23 »

My participation on this forum feels to me like an effortless flow of words testifying to the Truth as I know it.
So were you ask to come here and participate, or did you just show up uninvited, on your own accord to effortlessly testify the Truth as you know it?
Your assumptions to the contrary are your own projections, creating a little cardboard mikiel in your mind. You can dress him up any way you like.
Like the song... "It ain't me, babe..."
I am projecting nothing upon you. I simply asked you a question, but nice diversionary tactic, mikiel, cliche, but a nice try anyways.

Now, again, who are you trying to prove your enlightenment to, others or yourself?
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

micek23:
So were you ask to come here and participate, or did you just show up uninvited, on your own accord to effortlessly testify the Truth as you know it?
I'd be glad to share how I came here if you can show me the relevance of your question.
Oh well, what the hell... it was the latter... but it was recommended to me by someone who knew that my IQ scores averaged 174 (170 on the SBIS and 178 on the WAIS.) ("I know just the forum for you," she said.... so I wrote a little piece on time vs the timeless now... submitted to which of the three I forget... and *Iwas in!*
Now, again, who are you trying to prove your enlightenment to, others or yourself?
Thanks for the chuckle.
Of course there can be no doubt that I am here "trying to prove (my) enlightenment" either to others or to myself.
Lemmesee... hmmm... which is it? Damn! Tough question.

(Or am I truly sharing the Gift of enlightenment, given by God, as all teachers throughout history have done....
or... No!... they must have all been trying to prove someting too. Now you've got me all confused.)

Your "which is it" farce is like the old chuckler (from the presumptious asshole to a 'perfect stranger'):
"Have you stopped beating your wife yet? Yes or no?"
mikec23

Post by mikec23 »

I see.
So then you are separate from God?
Ps. I do not have a wife and therefore your question is irrelevant.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

mikec23 wrote:I see.
So then you are separate from God?
Ps. I do not have a wife and therefore your question is irrelevant.
Huh? "Gift from God" is common parlance. You want absolute Truth? God is the One Consciousness in all. Those who *know it* (see "gnosis") are enlightened. Those wh don't aren't.
I and the Creator are One. (Notice: no quotes.)

The "have you stopped beating your wife... yes or no"... is an old saw like your giving me two choices, assuming I'm "trying to prove" etc... rather that sharing the Universal Truth... I Am One.

Frankly you are coming across as not very intelligent. Maybe "the Genius Forum" is a little over your head.
mikec23

Post by mikec23 »

So, if you and the Creator are one, how exactly can the Creator give you something?
How is it you didn't have it in the first place?
Also, if you and the Creator are one, that would imply that we are all one with the Creator, so who then do you feel you need to share this gift that you have given yourself to?

Ps. I am unaware of what my IQ number is. But I know yours.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

mikec23 wrote:So, if you and the Creator are one, how exactly can the Creator give you something?
Also, if you and the Creator are one, that would imply that we are all one with the Creator, so who then do you feel you need to share this gift that you have given yourself to?

OMG! You really are more dense that I thought.
I said already that saying enlightenment is a "gift from God" is merely common parlance and then gave you the absolute Truth of the matter... which went right over your head!

The actual Gift is realization of what is always already true for everyone... that there is One Consciousness (God, for short) in all forms/individuals. The Waking up is actually shedding the illusion of personal "self" as "my identity" and realizing... by whatever Grace... that there is One Identity in all.

You know mine? Is it different than what I told you? I would really be interested in what my *actual* IQ is (according to mikec) if my early testing was somehow in error.
Oh, btw, your "number" is 23. I know this because you told all of us.
But you must be underestimating yourself. You would be a custodial case in that case.
mikec23

Post by mikec23 »

So how did God become asleep with this illusion of an individual self?
If there is only one identity, who then is perceiving this identity?
Also, if there is only God, then who are you sharing his gift with?

Ps. I am only aware of your IQ number because you felt it was necessary to include that in your story of how you came here. I do not know my IQ number, all I did was register.

Pps. What does IQ, intelligence, or the lack there of, have to do with Genius and Enlightenment?
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

-mikec23-
So, if you and the Creator are one, how exactly can the Creator give you something?

-mikiel-
You know mine? Is it different than what I told you? I would really be interested in what my *actual* IQ is (according to mikec) if my early testing was somehow in error.
Oh, btw, your "number" is 23. I know this because you told all of us.
But you must be underestimating yourself. You would be a custodial case in that case.

Mikiel,

You are a buzzkill..

mikec23

Post by mikec23 »

Mikiel,

You are a buzzkill..
Don't be too hard on 'ol Mikiel. Having a hangover causes one to be a bit grumpy. It can not be easy constantly reinforcing the belief that they are some Gnostic God Head, it must even more difficult trying to constantly convince others of their divinity as well. Mikiel's only hope would be to instigate some fledgling cult on a farm some where....er...ahh.. I mean Ashram....oh wait....
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

mikec23 wrote:So how did God become asleep with this illusion of an individual self?
If there is only one identity, who then is perceiving this identity?
Also, if there is only God, then who are you sharing his gift with?

Ps. I am only aware of your IQ number because you felt it was necessary to include that in your story of how you came here. I do not know my IQ number, all I did was register.

Pps. What does IQ, intelligence, or the lack there of, have to do with Genius and Enlightenment?
Cosmic Consciousness (God) never sleeps. Omnipresent Consciousness manifests in/as/through all of us individuals. Get it?
Individuals sleep. I know this one does. But Universal Consciousness is (reach for this one!) always conscious. We partake when awake. This One Identity (in all forms) is Who we are.
(But I'm clearly wasting my "breath" on you.

This individual, mikiel, is sharing verbal indications/pointers toward this Gift of Real-I-zation with that individual calling himself mikec23 (for reasons known only to himself.) Same Consciousness (God) as One Identity in all. See?

Genius has *nothing* to do with enlightenment. And it is a gift of intelligence some are born with while others are relativily more limited in their innate intelligence. And, granted IQ tests are a very small slice of what True Intelligence is. Some indigenous cultures have their own geniuses who would score as idiots on Western biased IQ tests.

I was just answering your question honestly as to how I came to this forum. Radical honesty does not subscribe to the protocol of cultural conditioning that humility (or at least the avoidance of the appearence of arrogance) must be maintained at all cost. I just tell the truth and let others judge according to their own auto-programs... none of which drive me since my awakening.
mikiel

Post by mikiel »

Tomas:
You are a buzzkill..
Forgive my ignorance but i am not familiar with the term "buzzkill."
Maybe it's a colloquialism in your neck of the woods... or I'm just not hip to the latest "buzz" words. Oh well.

You might explain the term or even elaborate on what you mean in this context. But i expect it is no more than your usual personal dramatization... the only thing you ever contribute to these boards... and in that case, i really don't care what you mean.

Nevermind, I looked it up.
So sorry you don't like me! On the other hand if a fool such as you actually liked me, i would be required to go back to my most rude persona to distance myself from your melodramatic likes and dislikes.

And, as you know, I spent some time on 'the hill' receiving guidance on how counterproductive a persona totally based on insults, as a 'rude boy sage' can be.

I really wonder what you are here for.
Seems like you'd eventually get sick of your own stupid schtick.