The evolution of QRS into QRST

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Laird

Re: The evolution of QRS into QRST

Post by Laird »

Boyan wrote:Laird, are you messing around with QRS by this, or are you serious?
The only time that the Fully Enlightened Buddha jokes is to awaken Enlightenment in the minds of the Deluded.
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

What about when he bans a sock-puppet by IP address? That'd be pretty funny, too, right?
Laird

Post by Laird »

Dan Rowden wrote:Sock-puppets are so tedious.
Oh but I already know that, Dan: empirisister told me.
Dan Rowden wrote:What about when he bans a sock-puppet by IP address? That'd be pretty funny, too, right?
I find it difficult, even having fully mastered the art of Enlightenment, to broach the following subject with a fellow enlightened man, but broach it I must: it is the compassionate thing to do. You seem to be having difficulty overcoming the more pernicious of your final, abiding delusions, and might I say that this is in no small measure due to the egotistical need that you have to play both overt and subtle games of one-upmanship, often masquerading as innocent wit. Conquer this, I say, and you will be well on the way to completing your journey. I sincerely hope that this advice helps.
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

You have reached enlightenment. And yet you sit here and post on a forum....

If you have true understand i'm sure you could put your intelligence to better use.

Boastfullness is not a virtue.
Laird

Post by Laird »

ChaoticMelody wrote:You have reached enlightenment. And yet you sit here and post on a forum....

If you have true understand i'm sure you could put your intelligence to better use.
Ah, dear ChaoticMelody, it is not for you at this point in time to comprehend the full interplay of the web of cause and effect in the discerning, penetrating manner in which a Fully Enlightened Buddha does. It is not for you to know the vastly complex set of circumstances by which I am logically compelled to act in the manner that I do. No, for that you would have to be enlightened too, and your statement below indicates that your perceptions are still so subject to gross delusion that you are far from your Final Destination.
ChaoticMelody wrote:Boastfullness is not a virtue.
Agreed, and yet I sense... I sense... are you not implying that I, myself, am still subject to the degree of egotism that leads to boasting? Verily I tell you that you are subject to the very same misapprehensions as Boyan, who likewise fails to recognise the abiding wisdom of revealing one's true nature to the world with neither fear, favour, misrepresentation nor false modesty.
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

So basically you are saying. I am incapable to comprehend your thought process.

This guy is a joke...
Dan Rowden

Post by Dan Rowden »

Laird is just indulging himself. Best leave him to his devices I think.
Laird

Post by Laird »

ChaoticMelody wrote:So basically you are saying. I am incapable to comprehend your thought process.
It might seem logical for me to find a delicate means of saying this, but due to the deep understanding that I possess of the masculine and feminine elements of your psyche I know that actually the most logical approach is to be blunt: yes, that is exactly what I am saying; but it goes beyond that: you are currently incapable of comprehending causality itself. Do not despair, however: sudden insight is the hope of those who seek earnestly.
ChaoticMelody wrote:This guy is a joke...
Please, I am not so concerned that you paint me in such unflattering terms, but when you speak thusly of me, you tar my three companions with the same brush, and that I will not stand for!
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

Laird wrote:
ChaoticMelody wrote:So basically you are saying. I am incapable to comprehend your thought process.
It might seem logical for me to find a delicate means of saying this, but due to the deep understanding that I possess of the masculine and feminine elements of your psyche I know that actually the most logical approach is to be blunt: yes, that is exactly what I am saying; but it goes beyond that: you are currently incapable of comprehending causality itself. Do not despair, however: sudden insight is the hope of those who seek earnestly.
ChaoticMelody wrote:This guy is a joke...
Please, I am not so concerned that you paint me in such unflattering terms, but when you speak thusly of me, you tar my three companions with the same brush, and that I will not stand for!
Where did causality come into this? I have a deep knowledge of causality. Just ask Boyan.
Laird

Post by Laird »

ChaoticMelody wrote:Where did causality come into this? I have a deep knowledge of causality.
Causality comes into everything. Nothing can escape the ultimate processes of cause-and-effect: they impinge upon every aspect of life. Yes, I perceive that you have some modicum of intellectual acquaintanceship with the required logical proofs of causality, but you have demonstrated that you are yet subject to gross delusions: namely the inability to distinguish Truth from Boast. Delusions are incompatible with a deeper understanding of causality as it operates in the real world.
ChaoticMelody wrote:Just ask Boyan.
That would be of little help: Boyan has proven to be just as confused as you in his misapprehension of straightforward Truth.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Laird,
Trevor, is it not logical to discern that the winds of causality blow on both of our asses and faces? This rift between us is unbecoming of two spiritual brothers.
You preach to me, and now you want to call me a brother? Fuck.
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

Laird: You are a dreamer. Nothing more.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

CM: Yeah, he's nothing but a fucking biology teacher with delusions of grandeur.
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

Laird is a biology teacher?

Anyway, ChaoticMelody, how did you get so wise by age seventeen? Or, are you merely a wiseguy?
Last edited by Carl G on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good Citizen Carl
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

Naturally
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Carl: it was a figure of speech. The way he fucking talks.

He's a lazy unemployed bum with his head in the fucking clouds. Shit, even that's too nice. Don't want someone making a comparison between him and Socrates (who had a poem Clouds written about him). He's a lazy unemployed bum who thinks that talking on a fucking message board and hanging out with a few college buds is as great as, say, working for fucking NASA. You know what? Fuck you dipshit. You're not the boss of me.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Blow it out your ass, and not in my face.
Sounds like somebody has no sense of humor at all.
Yeah, he's nothing but a fucking biology teacher with delusions of grandeur.
Do you have something against biology teachers?
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Sher: I don't see the humour in what he's doing.
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

Intelligent humor
Carl G

Post by Carl G »

ChaoticMelody,

Naturally? I don't buy that. It's the voice of inexperience saying it.

Trevor,

Okay, but I still don't feel there's any need to get excited. Let him be a fool Yogi for a while. His shtick is decently entertaining. Might even help some people learn how to think, how to see things from another angle, how to winnow wheat from chaff. Traditional societies honor that sort of character for those very reasons.
Good Citizen Carl
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Carl,
Okay, but I still don't feel there's any need to get excited. Let him be a fool Yogi for a while. His shtick is decently entertaining. Might even help some people learn how to think, how to see things from another angle, how to winnow wheat from chaff. Traditional societies honor that sort of character for those very reasons.
Well, I'm not a traditional society. I'm a philosopher. I don't have mob values: he asked for everything he got from me.
Laird

Post by Laird »

Dan Rowden wrote:Laird is just indulging himself.
Logic dictates that I point out to the casual observer that Dan is being ironical here. As enlightened beings, He and I both know that there is nothing indulgent about spreading Truth and Wisdom.
Dan Rowden wrote:Best leave him to his devices I think.
Indeed, as do all enlightened beings likewise think: to be free of the demands of others is one of the highest of spiritual pleasures.
Trevor Salyzyn wrote:You preach to me, and now you want to call me a brother? Fuck.
Trevor, "preaching" is such a poor fit in this context: it has such inappropriate religious connotations. I think that you know after having spent some time here that there is nothing remotely religious in what QRS*T* are doing. Furthermore, you, as a man far advanced on the path to Full Enlightenment, are of course more than an ordinary brother to me: you are a spiritual brother.
Carl G wrote:Laird is a biology teacher?
Carl, I have, since my several-hours-past Sudden Total Enlightenment, considered myself as a practitioner of nothing but the Highest Wisdom. All of my former career aspirations and participations are as but the fine dust of coal crushed before it is sent into the incinerator of a fossil-fired power generator. But, no, "biology teacher" has never been one of them.
Carl G wrote:Anyway, ChaoticMelody, how did you get so wise by age seventeen? Or, are you merely a wiseguy?
High praise indeed: "wiseguy". I suspect that ChaoticMelody is playing something of a role in this thread.
ChaoticMelody wrote:Laird: You are a dreamer. Nothing more.
So long as you grant me entirely rational dreams free of henids and emotional confusion then I shall grant that I am a dreamer. And, yes, no more than that: for my dreams are the precursor to my perfectly reasoned actions.
Shahrazad

Post by Shahrazad »

Your reaction is funny, Trevor. Dan is just going to ignore Laird, and if he feels that his posts add nothing to wisdom, he may even lock it. But getting all bent out of shape over nothing implies you have some strong attachments to some issues he touched. Or, it may just mean that you haven't taken your meds in a week.

I see no maliciousness in what Laird is posting, so I'm amused. And I'm glad to know it hasn't been locked yet.
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Furthermore, you, as a man far advanced on the path to Full Enlightenment, are of course more than an ordinary brother to me: you are a spiritual brother.
Well, you're a dick.

Shit, "don't flatter your benefactor". You aren't my benefactor, you great and wond'rous man.
ChaoticMelody

Post by ChaoticMelody »

Time for sleep.