Why modern religion makes no f**king sense!

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Why modern religion makes no f**king sense!

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Crude, rude, and meant to start a feud.

Prologue: I thought of this when I was six years old. These ideas are nothing new, but people do a thing. The thing they do is go in circles with their philosophy. Every day change new philosophy. So they eventually go back to the start where they began. Remember old ideas, but seem fresh and better now. Except that many people never do this. They just stick to old idea, they set in way of life they no want think about new ideas.

So how bout this.

Okay, get this. Check this out!

Christians thank God for creating them. And they thank Jesus for saving them. God is love what not. God saves them from hell what not. Satan is bad out to get them what not. Here's what sounds stupid.

God makes planet full of earth. He makes everyone happy vegetarians. All goes good. Then all powerful God puts tree in garden. He says not to eat tree, it poison. So he puts it right in middle of garden for all to see. He say not eat tree. So he make serpent to tell them to eat tree he put right in middle of garden for all to see. God is clown. Hahahaha. God must be not so powerful then, cuz he so lazy he couldnt think of anywhere else to put tree. God is clown, hahahaha funny funny.

So God make angel name Lucifer. God make angel hermaphrodites, because God is into them I guess. God makes Lucifer most pretty, I guess Lucifer God's wife or something. So then he makes Lucifer most powerful of all the hermaphrodites. Then God say to Lucifer, bow down to ape-man. God wants to make ape-man better than Lucifer,and Lucifer lowly. So Lucifer gets mad. But God all knowing, so God knew this was going to happen. Hahahaa, funny clown clown, hahahahaha funny funny.

So then God sends his favorite son, the one God loves God's son. So he sends his favorite baby to earth, so he can get tortured and murdered in a blood sacrifice. Hahahahah funny funny. Michael Jackson hahahahaha baby baby joke hahahah. I get it I get it its like Jesus is LilMissRarity and Satan is Pinkie Pie hahahaha big sexy orgy hahahah funny joke funny funny. Okay the joke gets better here is the punchline

So Big God (not Satan) God say he create life so he can torture it in hell. But God say he Save and Love you lol. But if you do not do what God say, he kill you with lightning hey. Hahahahahahaha it is like third world country hey hey hey! But here da punchline.

God say this is false world, suffering not real heyheyhey. He say real suffering in hell heyheyhey. But in order to not go hell, you must past the test heyheyhey. You must not inflict false suffering in false world. You must not hate God or go to hell. If you inflict false suffering, you get punished, hahaha. Oh yeah, the punch line is God just puts you through suffering to make you bettter Christian. Like book of Job hahaha. Your family die, you get raped by locust and lose all of your friends and pets hahaha. This makes you good christian, good strong christian hahaha. Even though same torture is what makes demons demon lol. Christians say in Hell demons torture people beause they go through so much pain its all they can do. So God puts people in exact same pain as demons so they can turn into demons lol. But if they dont turn into demons that is good and part of god's plan. But if u turn into demons u fail god's plan. Remember no matter how much torture God puts you through it is only fake torture in a fake world, but for some reason you must follow rules of fake world, and also not fake-Hate God or else go to hell. Because God so loved world he puts them through tests because noone would want or need! to just go to heaven to begin with in the first place. I guess someone wants to have free-will so bad, but noone NEED freewill. Like child want candy and to walk in street get ran over by bus hahahaha. No need, but want. HAHAHAHAH

IT MAKES NO F**CKING SENSE IT IS THE MOST F**K-TARDED THING I HAVE EVER HEARD AND I MEAN EVER!!! EVEN MAYAN RITUALS MADE MORE SENSE THAT THIS!!!!!
My Documentary: mymovie2 wmv
Diebert van Rhijn

Re: Why modern religion makes no f**king sense!

Post by Diebert van Rhijn »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Prologue: I thought of this when I was six years old.
You mean a few years back? Haha.

Obviously the Christian story is not meant to rationally dissect or apply your own moral sense to it. That would be like playing god or Lucifer! But all myths could be said to suffer from this. It's worrying how many believers tend to take parts or even whole of the story so literally. They do that by preferring not to think of the consequences of a literalized faith.

How about the following thought? Humans are more or less symbolic creatures, functioning through a set of symbols and words, even deep down. We're not blood and guts. Blood and guts will never "make sense" to any of us. A meaningless, material reality will never function without the power of symbols. When seen this way, you will understand the function of religion, ideology and even media, commercials and Youtube even. Does it have to make sense to you? No. Will you keep participating in your own little drama and dramatized media? Yes. It keeps you going and at some level it's even defining who you think you are. Without the symbols and the stories, not much else is left but getting lost in senseless sensing.

If you want to have another take on the religious stories, see them as "white smoke", an aftereffect of something burning, out of your sight. Do not try to analyze smoke! Instead wonder what it is that's being heated. In other words, do not keep focusing on exteriors: wonder about interior design.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Prologue: I thought of this when I was six years old.
You mean a few years back? Haha.
No, that would make us a filthy pædophile. We thought you was one of those hip folks who believes in reincarnation, which makes us over 9000 years old. We're not one of those scrubby smart kids that go to fancy schools for example like this movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dnxUq9fMv8
I used to go to one of those schools i got raped and molested there plus we all hate them cuz they're annoying lol. The movie's about some stupid kid good in math who acts like a stupid faggot.
Obviously the Christian story is not meant to rationally dissect or apply your own moral sense to it. That would be like playing god or Lucifer! But all myths could be said to suffer from this. It's worrying how many believers tend to take parts or even whole of the story so literally. They do that by preferring not to think of the consequences of a literalized faith.
After exactly 8 PM at night, Lucifer enters me. We are blinded by their beauty. It's not just playing, it's real.
How about the following thought? Humans are more or less symbolic creatures, functioning through a set of symbols and words, even deep down. We're not blood and guts. Blood and guts will never "make sense" to any of us. A meaningless, material reality will never function without the power of symbols. When seen this way, you will understand the function of religion, ideology and even media, commercials and Youtube even. Does it have to make sense to you? No. Will you keep participating in your own little drama and dramatized media? Yes. It keeps you going and at some level it's even defining who you think you are. Without the symbols and the stories, not much else is left but getting lost in senseless sensing.

If you want to have another take on the religious stories, see them as "white smoke", an aftereffect of something burning, out of your sight. Do not try to analyze smoke! Instead wonder what it is that's being heated. In other words, do not keep focusing on exteriors: wonder about interior design.
Actually no I quit Facebook because they asked for my ID. The interior design of the matter is that Facebook is no different than 1942 Naziland. It's the honest truth.

I think I get it now!!! Everything is a button...Whatever happens we reap the fruits of own actions. Its just people dont understand what the buttons do. They go through life complaining bout blablabla. Except that you are born into a shitfucked stage with character settings that can hardly be modified, because of all the asscracks pushing buttons prior to your life. Changing the stage, and physical character settings would require a shitfuck amount of energy also changing other characters fleeting mental states would require constant button pressing because other characters are working hard to push the buttons the other ways themselves. basically a shitfucked party gag with assclowns running around where suicide is the best option
SeekerOfWisdom

Post by SeekerOfWisdom »

Trixie, you still haven't listened to that meaning-making point? You know you could just stop it right now and be 'free' of all that? Try "Listening" rather than just reading/rushing to reply with more meaning-making. You require some serious 'maturity' (and not the normal 'getting older' kind, but the logical/emotional maturity kind) lets just hope it comes in a few years rather than never.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Religions goes back to a time before there were written language and regular societies where oral traditions acted as a bridge between generations. Society and writing can place man in a more direct relation with its ancestry, from where man acquires history. Advances in the social life, sciences, etc, took a lot from what religions were supposed to be. Taking those stories to be literal probably adds more questions than answers (now that we have more knowledge of the world), and maybe they were never supposed to be taken so literally.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Seems like modern religion makes sense, otherwise modern religion wouldn’t exist. Dinosaurs don’t make sense so they don’t exist. But MR does exist, so if the meaning is not discerned, the meaning is somewhere to be found. Deactivating the cloaking device that hides the meaning works and conserves energy for life support and warp drive.

Of course if awareness perceives only illusion, or only delusion's veil, then the Malcotons with their ways and devices just may have commandeered the helm.

Differentiation within situations makes a human realize he cannot fly like a bird, before making an irrevocable attempt.

I'd say Nicole Kidman is loose, and Cruise is uptight.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote:Seems like modern religion makes sense, otherwise modern religion wouldn’t exist. Dinosaurs don’t make sense so they don’t exist. But MR does exist, so if the meaning is not discerned, the meaning is somewhere to be found. Deactivating the cloaking device that hides the meaning works and conserves energy for life support and warp drive.

Of course if awareness perceives only illusion, or only delusion's veil, then the Malcotons with their ways and devices just may have commandeered the helm.

Differentiation within situations makes a human realize he cannot fly like a bird, before making an irrevocable attempt.
It makes "sense" as in perceptional sense, not as logical sense. It makes "logical sense" why the masses choose to endorse it, because it makes them feel good. It has as much meaning as a bottle of ketchup, de-activating the cloaking device will allow you to perceive the true essence of ketchup in all of it's red glory.

Do you believe the bullet is real? Or the real question I want to ask, are you capable of believing the bullet is not real, and so fake that you do not die from it?
SeekerOfWisdom wrote:Trixie, you still haven't listened to that meaning-making point? You know you could just stop it right now and be 'free' of all that? Try "Listening" rather than just reading/rushing to reply with more meaning-making. You require some serious 'maturity' (and not the normal 'getting older' kind, but the logical/emotional maturity kind) lets just hope it comes in a few years rather than never.
How so, what did I do wrong this time. I am here, I will Listen.

I am mature. This video proves it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeEzkMpFEMc
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
Cahoot wrote:Seems like modern religion makes sense, otherwise modern religion wouldn’t exist. Dinosaurs don’t make sense so they don’t exist. But MR does exist, so if the meaning is not discerned, the meaning is somewhere to be found. Deactivating the cloaking device that hides the meaning works and conserves energy for life support and warp drive.

It makes "sense" as in perceptional sense, not as logical sense. It makes "logical sense" why the masses choose to endorse it, because it makes them feel good. It has as much meaning as a bottle of ketchup, de-activating the cloaking device will allow you to perceive the true essence of ketchup in all of it's red glory.

Do you believe the bullet is real? Or the real question I want to ask, are you capable of believing the bullet is not real, and so fake that you do not die from it?
It makes every kind of sense they is, ‘cept maybe in a world of delusion and illusion.

Belief and meaning making are not required.
Meaning is discerned and discernment requires a situation.
Most folks find themselves in situations where universal physical laws apply. (Spock and crew were not in such a situation)
That’s why night dreams are fun, and flying dreams are remembered.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote: It makes every kind of sense they is, ‘cept maybe in a world of delusion and illusion.
Yeah, I'll say it. As an art piece, it's fantastic, it does get the senses a going, even the taste senses (veggietales) and if you read certain books and passages they do make logical sense too. But lots of contradictory statements, and the parables are so open-ended you could say that a bottle of ketchup is more consistent. I suppose on a logical level, it does cover it's tracks, yet many people do not realize this. For example, in the first page of the Bible, God creates a vegetarian earth, where everyone only ate fruit. Then, all of a sudden, immediately after Sin was introduced, the Lord asks for animal sacrifices. Well it's obvious, the Lord who wants animal sacrifices is not the God who created the Earth. Most Christians and atheists don't even know the Bible, they can't even tell you what's in the very first pages of the book. I mean gimme a break, how lazy can you be?
Who this Lord is, well it's vague. Christians say Satan tempted Eve, but the bible says a serpent. Was the serpent satan? The Lamia? Was the Lord Satan? Lord Gabriel? Who knows, its so very vague. Even if there really was a garden of eden, the story is so vague not much truth can be found in it, other than truth you've learned from your own. As a definitive "only one book if you had to choose only one book for civilization to read" it is lacking in some areas. From what I gather, the common belief is that true death cannot be attained. I understand why you believe this but what if the devil believes that true absolute death is possible, and there are forces, alien forces seeking you to be kept alive against your will? Well that would explained why the devil torments you, so you can stop loving this world and cherishing life, which is why some circles say the devil is Jesus. But such a thing would also imply that the gods are weak and not allpowerful as the bible implies.
Belief and meaning making are not required.
Meaning is discerned and discernment requires a situation.
Most folks find themselves in situations where universal physical laws apply. (Spock and crew were not in such a situation)
Kay.
Cahoot wrote: That’s why night dreams are fun, and flying dreams are remembered.
They say if you fall in a dream and you hit the ground you die
Well that's a lie
I fell from heaven
And the dream would not let me die
Just took me to another dream
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

It's not only religion in modernity that suffers from this problem. As Diebert said one could look to the media for another example, as stories are being sold rather than information. Maybe even ponies can be a modern religion for some, or religion were the ponies from the past.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

“Re: … stories being sold rather than information.”
The two aren’t always strange bedfellows. Stories can inform, information can entertain, and universities sell a lot of information at a high price.

Shamanism in Mongolia would be a place to look for religious pony information. Good conditions, so I've read.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Agreed. I was thinking about stories that when taken literally becomes non-sense, and sometimes are engineered to be non-sense. If one could look at the amount of non-religious non-sense that the average person believes, in summing up the amount from individuals to populations it wouldn't be surprising to end up with fairy-tales.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Cahoot wrote:Shamanism in Mongolia would be a place to look for religious pony information. Good conditions, so I've read.
What kinda ponies we talkin' about here?
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Bobo wrote:Agreed. I was thinking about stories that when taken literally becomes non-sense, and sometimes are engineered to be non-sense. If one could look at the amount of non-religious non-sense that the average person believes, in summing up the amount from individuals to populations it wouldn't be surprising to end up with fairy-tales.
I see your point. Miracle stories may indeed be exaggerations to make a metaphorical point.

Peeling back another layer with a rationale for which miracle stories may be interpreted literally, though perhaps improbable based on accumulated knowledge of physical laws, is that unknown conditions consistent with universal physical laws may have existed at the occurrence of the purported miracle.

Case in point: just recently scientists drilled through a half mile of polar ice cap to examine life down there in that water. What they found was inconsistent with what they knew of physical laws, which is not a recrimination of scientists, as scientists will be the first to acknowledge that they know little of physical causality under those conditions.
Cahoot

Post by Cahoot »

Cahoot wrote:Shamanism in Mongolia would be a place to look for religious pony information. Good conditions, so I've read.
What kinda ponies we talkin' about here?
Think of the best pony you ever saw, and when you think of a pony, think of that one.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Trixie: I think I get it now!!! Everything is a button...Whatever happens we reap the fruits of own actions. Its just people dont understand what the buttons do. They go through life complaining bout blablabla. Except that you are born into a shitfucked stage with character settings that can hardly be modified, because of all the asscracks pushing buttons prior to your life. Changing the stage, and physical character settings would require a shitfuck amount of energy also changing other characters fleeting mental states would require constant button pressing because other characters are working hard to push the buttons the other ways themselves. basically a shitfucked party gag with assclowns running around where suicide is the best option
You've hit the brick wall of ego expansion. If you take the option of body-brain suicide, are you certain that your brick wall will cease to exist? When you look at the way of consciousness as a totality, as a causality, doesn't it make more sense that it is a continuum of evolution or expansion of its things? And that "you", whatever "you" are, is integral to this unfolding continuum? Has it occurred to you that beyond ego consciousness' frustrating replaying loop of will to power is another aspect of your consciousness, a more expansive aspect just waiting to be revealed? After all, in the history of time and space, the form "love" remained veiled to consciousness until just recently. Based on this truth of the gradual unfolding of the form "love", is not Shakespeare speaking from the realm of logic based on wisdom of consciousness when he wrote "there are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"?

Of course, in able to discover the more things that lie beyond ego consciousness one must be willing to allow its (ego) suicide.
Diebert van Rhijn

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Except that you are born into a shitfucked stage with character settings that can hardly be modified, because of all the asscracks pushing buttons prior to your life. Changing the stage, and physical character settings would require a shitfuck amount of energy also changing other characters fleeting mental states would require constant button pressing because other characters are working hard to push the buttons the other ways themselves. basically a shitfucked party gag with assclowns running around where suicide is the best option
Somehow you're invoking imagery of the Human Centipede in my mind...assuming you know the reference. But yes, understanding how tied up everything is like that with only a little wriggle room (which we call our life) can look defeating. But the frustration is here born out of idealism, this idea it should all be different and better. That's an important drive but also appreciate where you come from, the depth of chaos, hell and suffering. Just to be alive means having come a long way, many generations involved. And it's still messy. The average human tragic mistake is to block out the reality of there being indeed a "shitfucked party gag" going on, denying that situation to ease the stress levels I suppose and then come up with a lot of questions why things seem so "wrong". But they never were right, then why thinking it "should"? So accept the starting point, don't always judge it too quickly so one can overcome the great anguish and revulsion that comes with improved eyesight or is it just the crumbling of earlier dreams about another more ordened, more fair and kind world? But it's not the end conclusion, it cannot be, it's just another thing to overcome.
GreatandWiseTrixie

Well you guys said it good. And right you are, no point in suicide, no point, no point, if only and only one could actually die, no more pain, no more cry.

My only question is this...Can't find anything on mongolian ponies, wikipedia's article on mongolian shamanism just shows me a big swastika.

Speaking of nazi's...order isn't actually a good thing, Nazi's are order, New World Order is order. Now, the good kinda order "like harmony" is good but then it gets boring so you add chaos to the song.

Feng shui homes supposedly have "flow" so it doesn't get boring but i doubt that. also like you said diebert some people spend their lives avoiding any and all negative energy on purpose, fortifying their home to block out all negativity. spending money on expensive decorations to boost their own energy while blocking out and avoiding those around them not so fortunate.

archetecture has become like a religion, the geometry a god. im a sucker for they ornate just like everypony else, but do the really have to spend 12K on gold trim? in early christian religion they sad geometry should be simple, so as to not make the temple higher than god. still though im impressed by the beauty and perfection i see in some archetecture
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Speaking of nazi's, order isn't actually a good thing, Nazi's are order, New World Order is order. Now, the good kinda order "like harmony" is good but then it gets boring so you add chaos to the song.
The nazi's were not the absolute of order, they were an attempt to create the absolute of order. No different than every other unenlightened man or woman who believes conceptual absolutes exist.
GreatandWiseTrixie

movingalways wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Speaking of nazi's, order isn't actually a good thing, Nazi's are order, New World Order is order. Now, the good kinda order "like harmony" is good but then it gets boring so you add chaos to the song.
The nazi's were not the absolute of order, they were an attempt to create the absolute of order. No different than every other unenlightened man or woman who believes conceptual absolutes exist.
I never said they were the absolute of order, it's common sense. Your words not mine, also contributes nothing to the discussion, so calm your pants.
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

There are relations between desire and reality. It's not only that miracles could be explained in some way by natural law but if wishful thinking were part of reality then we would not have much of this distinction between what is literal and what is metaphorical. Symbols can be used for communication between people and also can be used for magic and superstition.

Herd mentality plays a part in power relations. The thought that as long as everybody 'obey' everything will be fine, for example. Over time the word lose its meaning and becomes a contentless symbol, or even worse it may begin to mean its opposite or become a weapon in the wrong hands. Maybe herd mentality is supposed to be a defense of the brain in face of complexity and against this, but it can go from an automatized, not very meaningful 'Hello', to making slaughter camps.

About suicide I don't think it is a problem, far from it given that 1. either you're an assclown or 2. you're not an assclown but trying to reason with one is stupid or impossible. If you think of society like an organism, herd mentality and assclownery can become like a cancer and it feeds from the body, so either you attack the cancer (which sometimes means your body), or you don't become food for the cancer, or maybe you're the cancer (which is bad for you and for the organism : p). That's in part why signaling is of the utmost importance in the body, and why an expiration date is also of a high order in almost every cell (as the cancer sometimes is just a cell that doesn't want to die, and even worse it reproduces). A society where slaughter is not a meaningful signal may be ready or needing to 'kick some bucket's'.
Diebert van Rhijn

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Speaking of nazi's...order isn't actually a good thing, Nazi's are order, New World Order is order. Now, the good kinda order "like harmony" is good but then it gets boring so you add chaos to the song.
Any form of order seems to have its own enemy and undoing build into its "design". This is why more and more energy goes into preventing the inevitable collapse while its very own foundation fuels the enemy. So in the end each system will saw off its own god-damned branch its perching on. This process some call the ancient tragedy of life. But others say its beauty. You can see the problem arising with all ideas of permanent or eternal order, of a destiny or some universal platform human being or society has arrived on.... while the worms are eating away at its roots, worms which are part of our own designs. But beware of the false order of rejection of order -- nihilism -- which is just another self-defeating order masquerading as liberation.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

movingalways wrote:
I never said they were the absolute of order, it's common sense. Your words not mine, also contributes nothing to the discussion, so calm your pants.
You said nazi's are order which implies absolute.

Time and space is based on relationship of things which means the human mind that desires to order things is fighting a futile inner battle. But it will try and try and try, that's its job. But as we know, like all things, jobs are not permanent.
GreatandWiseTrixie

movingalways wrote:
movingalways wrote:
You said nazi's are order which implies absolute.

Time and space is based on relationship of things which means the human mind that desires to order things is fighting a futile inner battle. But it will try and try and try, that's its job. But as we know, like all things, jobs are not permanent.
It's common sense, noone can look at Hitler and honestly believe that man was the absolute quintessential defining essence of absolute order. Nothing implied about it.
Bobo wrote:
I view this world as a lost cause, I can only hope that noone reincarnates back into this planet. Our brains are steadily decreasing in size since 10,000 years ago and the government is only making them shrink even further with all the flouride and aspartame in everything.
Pam Seeback

Post by Pam Seeback »

Diebert van Rhijn wrote:
GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:Speaking of nazi's...order isn't actually a good thing, Nazi's are order, New World Order is order. Now, the good kinda order "like harmony" is good but then it gets boring so you add chaos to the song.
Any form of order seems to have its own enemy and undoing build into its "design". This is why more and more energy goes into preventing the inevitable collapse while its very own foundation fuels the enemy. So in the end each system will saw off its own god-damned branch its perching on. This process some call the ancient tragedy of life. But others say its beauty. You can see the problem arising with all ideas of permanent or eternal order, of a destiny or some universal platform human being or society has arrived on.... while the worms are eating away at its roots, worms which are part of our own designs. But beware of the false order of rejection of order -- nihilism -- which is just another self-defeating order masquerading as liberation.
One can be in the world and use reasoning (the way of "making" order of the appearance of concepts) but not be of the world of reasoning (belief its interpretation of concepts represents the absolute of the order of things). Nihilists who reject the making of order in the sentient world are unconscious of the terms of their own philosophy as they must apply their own reasoning (ordering) to their rejection of making order.