realization

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Gurrb

realization

Post by Gurrb »

i have realized many of you, like many 'common' folk in society, just recycle the views of others. the only difference is that most of you have read many books, so your views of others aren't as confined. not all of you, but many of you. this is not a genius forum. it's a 'well-read' forum.

with bruised egos come fired debates
Dan Rowden

Re: realization

Post by Dan Rowden »

Firstly, there is arguably no such thing as an original philosophical thought; nevertheless, every person must reinvent the philosophical wheel for themselves. Do you understand the meaning of this? Secondly, I see no real evidence that you actually understand what this forum is about. It's amazing how many people show up here, begin to post but never read the introduction.
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

I agree with Dan Rowdan.
First, when I came upon genius forums, it was because I had it in me. Secondly, there are no two universes. But, there are 64 trillion-million galaxies...
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

A=A
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

There's several different ways of interpreting the title of this forum. One is by a description of posters, just as a "literati forum" would be a forum for people who've read a lot. Another would be by a description of content, just as a "literature forum" would be a forum for people who like to talk about what they've read. A third could be the goals of the forum, as a "reading forum" would be designed to help people become good readers.

This is not an exhaustive list, but a few possibilities from which you assumed the first. But you've just found, after 200-some posts, that it's not that! It's not a forum filled with people who meet your chosen criteria for genius (ie. not common folk). What seems odd, is that instead of re-evaluating your initial assumption, because it is just an assumption, you've instantly gone and judged this forum a failure.

If reading Dan's one-page introduction is too much to ask, I ask you only to consider this text that appears on every page: "Genius Forums: Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment".
A mindful man needs few words.
Gurrb

Post by Gurrb »

my point is still valid. how can one grasp reality-which is different from each individual-when they are focused on others' views? you are no closer now than you were when you started this forum. actually, i think you are further from understanding 'your' reality than you were before. it's very ironic that trevor and 'forbiden' echo your points. develop your own thoughts, unless you're just looking to suck someone off. and original thinking is not impossible, but when you're confined as you are, i believe it is. you cannot tell me you have not fallen into society's net, just as i can't. the line between fiction and reality is so blurred, almost all of us cannot tell the difference if the disguise is good enough. are you at peace? no you are not, because you display signs of arrogance in the form of condescension.

my views aren't of the many, nor are they of the 'powerful' (this is a forum on the internet after all, it's not powered, but merely perceived power), but it does not mean my views are wrong. i am not enlightened; i never will be. i cannot truly understand anything, but only believe i do. but i find it a sort of enlightenment to realize this.
jufa

Post by jufa »

ForbidenRea wrote:A=A
A is A how can it equal A?

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
Trevor Salyzyn

Post by Trevor Salyzyn »

Gurrb wrote:how can one grasp reality-which is different from each individual-when they are focused on others' views?
In what sense is Reality different for each person?
A mindful man needs few words.
jufa

Post by jufa »

Trevor Salyzyn wrote:
Gurrb wrote:how can one grasp reality-which is different from each individual-when they are focused on others' views?
In what sense is Reality different for each person?
Perceptive indoctrination.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

jufa wrote:

Through different colorations. A=A. Doubly, zeros. If A doesn not equal A, it is thus a formality of zeros that discover A quantum A.

A concave power of equilllibrium.
jufa

Post by jufa »

ForbidenRea wrote:
jufa wrote:

Through different colorations. A=A. Doubly, zeros. If A doesn not equal A, it is thus a formality of zeros that discover A quantum A.

A concave power of equilibrium.
Should A be able to equal A, then ForbidenRea can produce the formula which would produce ForbidenRea equaling ForbidenRea.
Looking forward to this power equilibrium from the two of you.

mental vagrant
Location: A flick of green to be seen between alone between two giants

Post by mental vagrant »

There is probalistically rarely a truely 'new' idea (i'm assuming the new founded from old but only an individual holds it), I'm not a long standing member of the forum and disagree with various views held here, well read is inappropriate as you have no basis, more importantly don't know how these people came to their ideas even if many seem spurious. I'd like to know how you have racked up 200+ posts while retaining this view.

Well read or not, i think both.

Learning in multitudes.

In any case the general public is massively moronic. Understanding one concept isn't identical to another.

Whether genius has spawned or not is debateable, there might be genius within.
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

unbound
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Which label labels?

In asking 'who am I',
'who are you'.

Does a label 'get it'?
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Labels probably get it, this one does. Curious, do you have any labels for us label, or are you declaring your embosser retired?
unbound
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Curious, do you have any labels for us label, or are you declaring your embosser retired?
You can't tell me where you are without assigning a label.
You can't tell me who you are without the assignation of a label.
You can't tell me when you are without assigning a label.

Uncanny.

Does a label 'get it'?
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

My world consists entirely of labels, functions of what i have been and being.
unbound
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

I must get it for we are one.
unbound
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

jufa wrote:
ForbidenRea wrote:
jufa wrote:

A concave power of equilibrium.
Should A be able to equal A, then ForbidenRea can produce the formula which would produce ForbidenRea equaling ForbidenRea.
Looking forward to this power equilibrium from the two of you.

I quote; end quote.
It was a bitter war between me and my old compardre[whom, issued me into a forgotten creep show]. I end quote. It is better to state it, A=A. Then, to alternate the both.
An equilibrium of haitis. When, does A not equal A?
A situation came up when I was 4 yrs. of age. Undoubtedly, the war continues. Consciouly, I am aware of it! The A=A query. That doesn't mean I am not at war with A=A. It simply is a frame of thought. I am at war. I hate it but I will eventually win. As commander of my own will. I attain it. It's there...
Whom ever choses to be there. It is a simple formula. Dan Rowdan, or QRS. What formula is there? I was 4 and the void came up to me and thus was I intermediately sought out by the fuckin reality of it!
Dennis Mahar

Post by Dennis Mahar »

Not one. Not many.

not that, not that.

All labels are relative.
There's no short except in relation to tall.

We're playing here for the happiness that isn't dependant on conditions.
free of labels.

Where am I?
Nowhere.
Who am I?
No one.
What makes me think this is me?
Nothing makes me think this.
When am I?
I’m not.
Why do I think this is me and that is not me?
I don’t think that.

The apparent I exists as labels.
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

O Bidden, where have you been? O
Bidden: Nowhere!
O But, of course O

The undifiable alliegiance to quantum mechanics. There are 40 billion stellispheres in our galaxy. A universal picture without any proof! The doctrines of our times. Legaity. Fortune cookies, robots, and an all-out conundrom. A heir to the throne of God. A billion stars. Searching for alamony. a Gazzillion. Fortune telling. Zapa the dragon.
ForbidenRea

Post by ForbidenRea »

Herman Hesse,

What's the point?
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

Dennis Mahar wrote:
Not one. Not many.

not that, not that.

All labels are relative.

free of labels.

Where am I?
Nowhere.
Who am I?
No one.
When am I?
I’m not.
I don’t think that.

Yes. That's what i was implying.
unbound
Blair

Post by Blair »

ForbidenRea wrote:What's the point?
What's yours?
mental vagrant

Post by mental vagrant »

mental vagrant wrote:
Dennis Mahar wrote:
Not one. Not many.

not that, not that.

All labels are relative.

free of labels.

Where am I?
Nowhere.
Who am I?
No one.
When am I?
I’m not.
I don’t think that.

Yes. That's what i was implying.
This has scope to be very liberating within the 'right' cerebrum.
unbound