Causality, Time, Ego and Desire.

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Ryan Rudolph

Causality, Time, Ego and Desire.

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

There are parallels between these two elements that should be explored. For example: An ego that refuses to accept causality and fight against it will also fight against time. It emerges as a sort of unrealistic and frustrated reaction to how reality unfolds.

It could be said that the ego or self actually experiences reality in a totally different manner as far as the temporal dimension is concerned. The ego never has enough time, and never achieves what it wants, and easily forgets what it has previously achieved. It remains discontent, restless and anxious. The ego behaves as if it is a black hole pulling all matter and debris into its unstable centre, and the temporal dimension is experienced as a quality that is restrictive, limited, and combative towards the ego's deepest desires, which are primarily self-recognition, accumulation of wealth, sexual conquest and so on. When these desires are seen as enslaving, the fuel feeding the black hole of ego comes to an end, and the whole thing begins to implode.

A mind in sync with the timeless is more realistic in reaching goals, more realistic of what is possible, and experiences no frustration when the object of their desire doesn't come until fruition, as the goal is merely postponed to a later date because there is a realization that more physical time is needed.

Basically, the reality of physical time shouldn't give birth the the ego's desire to create an artificial sort of psychological time, fuelled by impatient desire.
chikoka

Re: Causality, Time, Ego and Desire.

Post by chikoka »

dejavu wrote:what you really mean is constant motion.
Dejavu:

Please define motion.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Dejavu,
'Physical time' is a misnomer, what you really mean is constant motion.
I would argue that physical time is measured by the motion of things. The movement of X to Y. For instance: We experience physical time because as biological organisms, we are required to move in reality in order to survive. So yes, physical time implies movement or motion. However, what happens is the the ego's desires are unrealistic to how reality presents itself - the limitations of physical time, causing frustration, disappointment, and all the emotions that go with not getting what you want, while believing that there was a possibility that you could have. Such thinking is a denial of the deterministic nature of reality. However, we can bring desires into fruition, but in a realistic capacity.

As as far as eternity being a feeling, I think that is incomplete, as I think as feeling as fleeting, a temporary state. It depends on how you define feeling. Words are limited, but I think holistic experience that deeply affects the way the brain functions on a daily basis is more appropriate.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Frosted flakes!
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Steven,
Frosted flakes!
please refrain from posting nonsense because you will eventually be banned for not contributing anything of value to the forum.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

take it to push button "we"

wasn't intended as a dis precious
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

Say something new and constructive, I'm sick of "I think that my thoughts are different from that which I see!!"

Yah, we all thought about that, when we were 15. It is what it is! why examine such a subject? What do you gain? Enlightenment? What good is the enlightenment from... being aware of that? Nothing! Nothing!! All you can do is create a pedestal that has no worth! BURN YOUR WALLET
To think or not to think.
chikoka

Post by chikoka »

---
Chikoka:
Quote:
Please define motion.
Space in its infinity.
---

Sneaky answer
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

IJesusChrist,
Yah, we all thought about that, when we were 15. It is what it is! why examine such a subject? What do you gain? Enlightenment? What good is the enlightenment from... being aware of that? Nothing! Nothing!! All you can do is create a pedestal that has no worth! BURN YOUR WALLET
This is a philosophy forum dedicated to enlighenment so that is what we discuss, if you have a problem with it, hit the road. To belief one view is true, while another is false implies worth and value, so a real philosopher is interested in uncovering the truth. An interest in truth implies elitism. We want the best for ourselves and others, and when people's thoughts are less then the best, we express our concern.

For instance: your childish emotional reactions have no value. It is what is is. We examine such subjects because we are intellectuals, individuals who enjoy thinking deeply about life, I recommend you try it.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

Hey Einstein, I think time travels at the speed of your light.
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

Steven,

I would ask yourself why you have come to despise intellectual activity? Because what you are posting on GF as of late doesn't make any sense except in your own mind.
Steven Coyle

Post by Steven Coyle »

A scan of the title of your thread.
Beingof1

Post by Beingof1 »

Steven Coyle wrote:Hey Einstein, I think time travels at the speed of your light.
LOL - How true sir
IJesusChrist

Post by IJesusChrist »

Ryan Rudolph wrote:IJesusChrist,
This is a philosophy forum dedicated to enlighenment so that is what we discuss, if you have a problem with it, hit the road. To belief one view is true, while another is false implies worth and value, so a real philosopher is interested in uncovering the truth. An interest in truth implies elitism. We want the best for ourselves and others, and when people's thoughts are less then the best, we express our concern.

For instance: your childish emotional reactions have no value. It is what is is. We examine such subjects because we are intellectuals, individuals who enjoy thinking deeply about life, I recommend you try it.
I've never thought deep in my life, and apparently, by your shallow post neither have you.

Let me ask again, what do you gain by realizing you cannot answer your own questions? Have you gained truths of why you are here? Or why this exists? Enlighten me, oh great thought observer! What is it that you see, that is impossible to see?

Do you see life and death as one? Do you see death as only a beginnning? Do you see the inevitable end of concsciousness or not? Do you see the ending entropy? Do you give value to the complexity? Do your numbers reign supreme? What is it that creates this intelligence I cannot so grasp? Will your reply be short, witty, and unrelevant? Will you even reply at all? Will you explain something I have never heard before, never thought before, or maybe haven't accepted? I wonder. I truly wonder what it is that you have seen that I have not. Who are we to judge another? Who are you to judge me as small? Who am I to judge you as an equal? What irony is it that you see? What Irony is it that I do not see?

What is it, Ryan, what is it that you know?
To think or not to think.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

IJesusChrist wrote:Let me ask again, what do you gain by realizing you cannot answer your own questions? Have you gained truths of why you are here? Or why this exists? Enlighten me, oh great thought observer! What is it that you see, that is impossible to see?

Do you see life and death as one? Do you see death as only a beginnning? Do you see the inevitable end of concsciousness or not? Do you see the ending entropy? Do you give value to the complexity? Do your numbers reign supreme? What is it that creates this intelligence I cannot so grasp? Will your reply be short, witty, and unrelevant? Will you even reply at all? Will you explain something I have never heard before, never thought before, or maybe haven't accepted? I wonder. I truly wonder what it is that you have seen that I have not. Who are we to judge another? Who are you to judge me as small? Who am I to judge you as an equal? What irony is it that you see? What Irony is it that I do not see?

"Someone please save me. My brain hurts ....."

Don't worry, mate. You'll be paying off the mortgage, mowing the lawn and taking the kids to school in no time.

-
Ryan Rudolph

Post by Ryan Rudolph »

IJesusChrist,

I know that your above paragraph doesn't make much sense. It is funny how you do not see your contradiction here, you want to devalue judgement by looking down at me for judging, but your very attitude is a judgement in itself and disproves your claim that judgement has no value. Btw, you were the one who posted the initial post that my entire topic had no value, and then you bring out the non-jugemental babble when someone critcizes your ways of thinking. That is the irony! Also, you take some interesting questions, and make them seem as if they are rhetorical and beyond the mind to tackle. Lazy thinking. Then you throw out some terms that are vague and poorly defined such as entropy and complexity, and try to pass it off as some profound thought that I am incapable of grasping.
Your post stinks of ego, poorly thought out claims, and some serious mental blocks.
Jason

Post by Jason »

David Quinn wrote:You'll be paying off the mortgage, mowing the lawn and taking the kids to school in no time.
You should write horror novels David, that was scary.
David Quinn

Post by David Quinn »

The Stepford Husbands ....?

-