Changing the Picture

Discussion of the nature of Ultimate Reality and the path to Enlightenment.
Ojlink10

Changing the Picture

Post by Ojlink10 »

New to the Boards, just had a thought. What changes the Picture?

The "picture" being the Abstract images we concieve of in relation to what we are not (Objects).

I Tried staying stationary for a few seconds to capture the image that i am percieving (much like a ordinary camera). In this experiment, i thought of the aforementioned question.

What changes the picture, it seems, is the "Flux" (as i would commonly call it) of the universe or the totality. Since i rotate and interact in a fully 3-dimensional enviornment in conjunction with Everything else, the picture is just my mind drawing inferences and patterns (an extreme case of Pareidolia ;D) in rapid succession. The perception of "TIME" comes from my shift in contrast to the next things shift (Change). I shift and the universe shifts, you shift and the universe shifts. This is to say that no thing is ever a picture... but it may be "seen" as a constant image in our memory banks. So no thing is without change... No thing is without what changed it (its causes). This makes it apparent that Change = All that is. Including the perception of Self or the "I" That is projected in most situations. Self is not exempt from change for we use our change to make that inference...

=^/
Blair

Re: Changing the Picture

Post by Blair »

Have you considered the idea that the world itself is holographic?
Ojlink10

Post by Ojlink10 »

Hmm... '
One definition leads to an assumption that you might be refering to Solipsism...
Another definition leads to a more theoretical understanding (in context) of Reality rather than my simple metaphor.

Which one were you implying?
yana

Post by yana »

Time overlapses everything.
Blair

Post by Blair »

Ojlink10 wrote:Hmm... '
One definition leads to an assumption that you might be refering to Solipsism...
Another definition leads to a more theoretical understanding (in context) of Reality rather than my simple metaphor.

A bit of both. But they are really one and the same idea, just that holographic world is a data orientated idea that fits in with where technology is going.

But Solipsism suggests that the world (or universe, etc) revolves around oneself, that you can do whatever you like.

It may be that we are all living in a collective hologram. When I say we, I mean just I , or you, one singular entity that plays this game with itself. To stave off the boredom of eternal isolation.

As you said in your initial post, you are rotating in a 3d environment. It's not that much of a stretch to see that it is similar to a computer game, in that you are the only player, everything else is A.I. What you see with your eyes is a projection, a wall of light, behind which is "reality".
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

Your last picture = memory distance 998/1000th second.
Your new picture = memory distance 999/1000th second.

Your comparison of the two images, sounds, tastes, touches, smells = now = changing the picture.
Ojlink10

Post by Ojlink10 »

prince wrote:
Ojlink10 wrote:Hmm... '

A bit of both. But they are really one and the same idea, just that holographic world is a data orientated idea that fits in with where technology is going.

But Solipsism suggests that the world (or universe, etc) revolves around oneself, that you can do whatever you like.

It may be that we are all living in a collective hologram. When I say we, I mean just I , or you, one singular entity that plays this game with itself. To stave off the boredom of eternal isolation.

As you said in your initial post, you are rotating in a 3d environment. It's not that much of a stretch to see that it is similar to a computer game, in that you are the only player, everything else is A.I. What you see with your eyes is a projection, a wall of light, behind which is "reality".
I Can see that. It makes for an interesting idea... Yet when i seriously ask what the universe actually is, Subjective or Objective, i come to a few snags that act as a guide. "The Universe is Objective" is usually what causes the Ego since we feel that we are observing something separate from our being (oddly enough, "Separation" [Because] we are able to view it as we currently do). The Ego is false based on Logical Deduction but when we head towards the route of "the World is Subjective"/The world as a hologram (the natural opposite) - Solipsism steps in by accident. Now, in a science fiction-ey sense, a single unit of consciousness that plays this "game" is, of course, a bit farfetched and yet the merit of that idea lies in the understanding that reality can't be solely objective... so it is, neccessarily, subjective orientated at this point. Yet if i am the "game-master" then the "A.I." will also have to be the same as me/"I". If I am Inherently "the one" (darn all these matrix's innuendo's) then why does The game master fall subject to the same scrutiny as the A.I.? Meaning, why do we all seem to be relative to what we are not? The reality of any situation, of any concievable world can hardly ever lead to one Thing as it all/the totality of everything. So, the Holographic Data reality is cut short because - any notion of a singular being, demarcated from nothing, is unsustainable. Reality is, in essence, closer to Objective.
Also, Who is to say who is the "game master"? Every person? Just myself? You? etc.

It's Fun to think that way of the Universe. The game playing with itself. It's just that if one was to assert that "similarity" between a computer simulation and reality as the actual case, this is what would be said. Mental Exercise. ;)
Pincho Paxton wrote:Your last picture = memory distance 998/1000th second.
Your new picture = memory distance 999/1000th second.

Your comparison of the two images, sounds, tastes, touches, smells = now = changing the picture.
Yep. :)
Blair

Post by Blair »

Ojlink10 wrote: Meaning, why do we all seem to be relative to what we are not? The reality of any situation, of any concievable world can hardly ever lead to one Thing as it all/the totality of everything. So, the Holographic Data reality is cut short because - any notion of a singular being, demarcated from nothing, is unsustainable. Reality is, in essence, closer to Objective.
Also, Who is to say who is the "game master"? Every person? Just myself? You? etc.
The fact that everything seems relative should ring alarm bells in your head.

Your own waking consciousness is split apart constantly, when you concentrate on this and that.

It's equally possible for a divine consciousness to split itself into factions. Where do you think consciousness comes from, a random mutation of slime?
paco

Post by paco »

Hmmm...

I was raised apostolic. To find some of most infinite answers we used to practice a technique(of fasting). The greater the numbers were(hours, days, etc.), the more input/output was received. The pictures were greater when the vessel was broken, hence, diluded of all evil. This is...was, taken,,,I've betrayed my God. What is God? Tao? Existence? It is important too.
I am illiterate
Pincho Paxton

Post by Pincho Paxton »

prince wrote:
Ojlink10 wrote: Meaning, why do we all seem to be relative to what we are not? The reality of any situation, of any concievable world can hardly ever lead to one Thing as it all/the totality of everything. So, the Holographic Data reality is cut short because - any notion of a singular being, demarcated from nothing, is unsustainable. Reality is, in essence, closer to Objective.
The fact that everything seems relative should ring alarm bells in your head.

Your own waking consciousness is split apart constantly, when you concentrate on this and that.

It's equally possible for a divine consciousness to split itself into factions. Where do you think consciousness comes from, a random mutation of slime?
Probably is a random mutation of slime sort of, or it has always existed. I suppose you have to take your pick.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

paco wrote:Hmmm...

To find some of most infinite answers we used to practice a technique(of fasting). The greater the numbers were (hours, days, etc.), the more input/output was received. The pictures were greater when the vessel was broken, hence, diluded of all evil.
Cool. I began a three-day-fast this morning. Will not consume any solids (except H2O) until Monday morning. Yes, cleansing..
Don't run to your death